8 persons, 35k, accommodations and airfare na.... mahirap yata mapagkasya yon.

kami lang ng wife ko 25K na package yon sa cebu pacific fun packages. le soleil stay namin. 3 days, 2 nights.

try this stuff:

1. baka mas mura ang ticket pag sa kalibo kayo kesa caticlan (although mas malayo ang kalibo), kasi mas malalaki yong mga eroplano don. airbus, sa caticlan, di-elisi eroplano. try getting those promo tickets ng PAL or cebu pac, pero decide kayo agad para makakuha kayo early good deals.

2. yong sta-stayan nyo don, research kayo sa internet ng pwedeng rentahan na beach house or yong may group rates. sa beach house (mga private resthouse na pinapa-rentahan) i think can range between 8-12K (as appearing don sa mga ads nila don sa newspapers don).

sa budget nyo mahirap yata na directly in front of the beach, tapos station 1 or 2 pa gusto nyo. pwede rin naman kasi na yong stay-an nyo na house or resort is located directly behind the beach front resorts. tapos lakad kayo short distance na iskinita (alleyway) papunta sa beach. hanap na lang kayo ng lugar sa beach na walang reservation ng beach resorts. don kayo maglatag.

3. food - be resourceful, you can buy food at a nearby talipapa. you can cook for yourself (if you rented a house na may kitchen) or pwede kayo mangotrata from people there around kung san magpapaluto kayo, although exactly where this paluto is, wala ako info. maybe you can talk to one of those boatmen, baka may connect sila. may mga convenience stores din around so you can buy water and stuff from there.

4. drinks - medyo may kamahalaan mga shakes and drinks dito. maybe you can buy on your own and drink it in your rented place. pero kung intention nyo na maki-party forced kayo to buy drinks sa bars. maximize the happy hour rates. para pag party na medyo may amats ka na, so may excuse ka na kung bakit going slow ka sa drinks later.

hope these info helps.

8k to 12k pala yong rate per day

Will go to Boracay with my family on June 17-19 (wed-fri). booked my ticket yesterday. Roundtrip fare via Cebu pacific is P1054, (i opted to go for the Go Light fare, meaning no checking-in of baggage). Im eyeing Microtel Inn and Suites at Diniwid Beach for our accomodation. Any FR on the place? I know it's beachfront but are the sands here as white and powdery as those you find in Station 1? Is the place far from D'mall and other cheap restaurants/eating places? I want to be as far as I can from party places because i want to relax.

Thanks.

@ microtel they charge $60/night (exclusive of 12% tax and 5% SC). I dont mind paying that much since i am entitled to a 30% discount on their published rates. what i really want to know is if the beach sand in front of the resort is good.

They used to have great beachfront before typhoon Frank hit Panay island badly and stashed away the sands in Balinghai and Diniwid Beach. But yes, it is far from D'Mall and party places so you can have a total relaxation.

sawa news clip about boracay... the sea is reclaiming some area along the beach... saw that the shoreline has increase.... maybe its global warming or is the island sinking???

Typhoon Frank is the culprit. Balinghai and Diniwid beach are the most affected.

What are the things to do in Boracay? Foods not to be missed?

Sorry, this is my first time to go there.

well for starters, there's the snorkeling and island hopping via glass bottom boat (600-800 per person, depende kung magaling ka tumawad). if you're a bit more adventurous, you can try bell diving. this is where you go diving using those clunky looking diving helmets tapos naglalakad ka lang sa ilalim ng tubig. haven't tried it yet. sabi nung friend ko 500 daw binayad nila. you can also go up to mt. luho, which is the highest point in the island, via all terrain vehicle. panalo din 'to. will cost you 600.

if you got more cash to burn, there's jet skiing and para-sailing. dunno how much since di na ko nagtanong, hehehe. but what i highly recommend is the sailboat/paraw. very soothing since you sail out just before sunset and watch it while you're far from the shore. walang ingay, walang tunog ng motor. just ask your bangkero to take it slow. may iba kasi na parang nakikipag karera so di rin relaxing.

food, check out hawaiian barbecue. medyo mahal nga lang but the food is to die for. don't forget to order chunky monkey for dessert!

try nyo din sa smokes for affordable steaks. medyo tago lang siya. when you enter d'mall, hanapin nyo yung andok's. then make a left directly after. andun yung smokes.

hmmm.... the chori burger is also surprisingly good. binebenta 'to nung mga nagtitinda ng isaw sa tabi ng beach. panalo yan after a night of partying.

well, i hope that helps and i hope you enjoy your stay. sana di pa late post ko, hehehe. i've been to the island 3 times, di pa rin naman ako nagsasawa. in fact, my friends and i are booked already for december. :D 788 lang kasi sa zestair to kalibo. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

book as early as you can...

cebupac promos for manila to caticlan...

try De Paris Beach Resort, they offer good deals pick and off pick (5days-4nyts)...

try island trips, cost 1500 for 2 persons in groups...

try jonas... try isaw& bbq at station 1... try bar trips, drink all nyt...

:goatee: