My GF and I went to Boracay last July and fly with Cebu Pacific to caticlan. It was a great vacation. When we're all ready to go home, Cebu Pacific cancel the flight to Manila and start to transfer us to Kalibo airport. The counter lady told us that the plane had some minor technical problem and it on't be ready for todays flight. It was unexpected or should I say that a friend who happens to experience the same situation had warn us about this incident and we were hoping that It will not happen to us.

Anyway, what I think is that the Cebu Pacific is trying to save on fuel by flying only planes on full load. I also think that the plane in caticlan was probable half full, so all passengers in caticlan were sent to Kalibo. It so happen that caticlan and kalibo are nearby airport so they can do a quick transfer and save a few bucks.

It was a bad experience. I was in a hurry to go back to Manila for a business meeting.....

that was lesson learned.....

what i heard is caticlan flight is less hassle than the kalibo airport kaya mas mura sa kalibo...
Right now, if ur flying, limited kung ano pa hindi booked on what days.

'got to make up your mind now, sorry for the info.

Regardless kung anong airport, come-in as early as you can, and leave as late as you can. Kung sa Kalibo ka, may hour drive (I think) to consider.

Caticlan still the best, kung limited ang time mo.

Goodluck.

hey, thanks for the replies.

i asked around and searched for the best flight/s.

i decided to fly into boracay via caticlan (cebu pacific) and then fly back to manila via kalibo (philippine airlines).

all in all, it's only going to be less than P24,000 round trip for 7 people! :)

booking online is great..

for those going to boracay, you can save a couple of thousand of pesos if you book online and ahead of time.

if you don't mind an extra 1.5 hour bus ride from kalibo to caticlan, then i'd recommend finding a cheaper flight to kalibo. but if you're pressed for time, then caticlan is your best bet.

Just came from Bora for a 1 week activity. We have participants coming from cebu to caticlan and experience a NOT SO GOOD trip.

Caticlan airport to jetty port is just a tricycle or a walking distance but the accuracy of flight sched as well as safety is concerned cant be neglected. Around 1 hour lang pala ang Van going to Kalibo.

• 2 weeks later...
i think over rated na boracay hehehe dami na kasing establishment and no improvement ...dapt may vison ang mga tao dito , local and natl govt esp DOT ...if theyre trying to make boracay as a tourist stop eh image ng boracay iimprove nila ...pagdating mo pa lang sa pier sama na ng dating

I agree. There are already so many establishments in the island and its not healthy sooner or later. I would like it before even that it doesnt have many establishments yet it preserved the beauty of the beach. Every time i visit the place there is a new establishment being constructed. it looks so crowded already even without lots of people. i would still prefer the boat sending us to station 3,2 to 1.