• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

What's So Special About Starbucks?

sa pinoy lng nmn treated ang starbucks as an "ELITE COFFEE SHOP" na pa sosi un karamihan sa crowds.. pero in the US its so common lng pati un mga beggars nga sa US starbucks kape nila eh.. its just the mentality of us pinoys which put starbuck in the pedestal.. IMHO i like coffee's from other coffee shops.. Taste better and also cheaper..

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most people thinks that it's all about the status and boost of confidence the average person gets when one hangs out at SB while he sips his latte and mingles with the "elite crowd".

Personally speaking though, I love their rhumba frappucino but since they phased it out way back in 2005 I found myself venturing to other coffee shops just to get something similar to it. Good thing SB have the java chip now although not as good as the rhumba it's enough to hit the spot. I'm in the call center industry so most often than not we get to have freebies and discounts from Starbucks that also is a factor.

As far as Sb products goes I love their Venti Java Chip and double tall non-fat latte with a splash of hazelnut. This 2 is what makes them special to me.

I'm a big coffee drinker and I have to admit, Starbucks coffee isn't very good. When I do buy coffee (and I mean the real coffee drinks, not the frilly dessert ones), I'd always add syrup, typically Hazelnut. It masks the below average quality of beans that they have.

Their brewing process etc all look pretty good and solid, kaya lang their beans aren't very good talaga. Its kinda understandable considering how big Starbucks is globally, I mean, how can they consistently get good beans for all their global branches! Quality suffers with mass marketing.

Anyway, what is very, very, very good with SB is their customer service. As I've said, I'm a big coffee drinker and they take pride in remembering what I typically order when I go there. Its part of how they try and make their customers feel special, and its a good come on. If only all establishments have that sense of customer service.

This may sound almost sacrilegious to real coffee afficionados but I now buy instant coffee (though UCC naman) and I find it better than starbucks.

I heard the cost of making your coffee is less than P10. ANd you pay more than x10 for your coffee. I like it for the chickkas that are there haha. And the location is always nice, Starbucks chooses good locations usually. Tagaytay.. US Embassy.. nice view of surroundings