What have You Learned Lately?

• 2 weeks later...

I should know more than letting my insecurity, lack of self-confidence, and fear of the unknown (or half-known) control my behavior. My thoughts may be immature, but I should not let them dictate my reactions, unless I am more capable of always losing the people I love. At this point, it's either I mend my selfish ways, or I will truly be alone.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in college, my sister and I were obliged to rent an apartment for us. Our parents were miles away from us. We learned on how to be independent, responsible, and flexible. It's true that when no one is restricting you to do things you wanna do, your own mind somehow knows when you go tame... and when you seem wild.

As opposed to those teenagers controlled by their parents who, in the end, appear more rebellious and wilder. :D :P Kasi nga, masarap ang bawal.

I do believe that what makes you wiser is the comfort of knowing and feeling that constant love of your parents. The ease of discussing issues with your parents is also a great source of wisdom. Priceless! ;)

Edited by Seishi

Left home.

Supported myself through school.

Worked nights while studying during the day (if I could get up).

Lived in a tiny room with plywood for walls.

Went hungry for a week, eating only one pandesal each mealtime, because I spent my money on stupid things.

I learned that in life, you do what you gotta do to survive.

When I was in college, my sister and I were obliged to rent an apartment for us. Our parents were miles away from us. We learned on how to be independent, responsible, and flexible. It's true that when no one is restricting you to do things you wanna do, your own mind somehow knows when you go tame... and when you seem wild.

As opposed to those teenagers controlled by their parents who, in the end, appear more rebellious and wilder. :D :P Kasi nga, masarap ang bawal.

I do believe that what makes you wiser is the comfort of knowing and feeling that constant love of your parents. The ease of discussing issues with your parents is also a great source of wisdom. Priceless! ;)

True, the more you are imbibed with so much dealings in life, you learn. Parents are just guide to the path we are up to.

• 2 weeks later...

Our own families can be the most judgmental set of people ..... on Earth!

They can insult you at any time.... criticize your actions like crazy... annoy your morning everyday.... pester your mood easily.... and demand just about anything all the time!

But seriously, it's one place we always, ALWAYS look forward to go back to... :blush:

Well at least for me. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...