What have You Learned Lately?

Sometimes you don't realize how stupid the things you worry about until you have something to actually worry about. Some of the problems I had may seem like a dream to other people, which doesn't mean they are irrelevant but it may mean they are not half as bad as I think.

I may have over romanticized relationships when I was younger. My current take on it is that I'm pretty sure at the end of the day, its just two people who know how to treat each other right, respect each other, and are honest to each other. Its not whether or not they can right all your wrongs with a magic wand, save you from all the dramas of life, or paint a thousand pictures with a rainbow breath or some sh1t.

Edited by Ephemeral
  • Like (+1) 1

I was prepping breakfast this morning with all those nostalgic music blaring at the background. Suddenly, I got transported to that time when I was in my 20's with problems ranging from what to wear to work to planning trips with friends and dreaming about a relationship that is springing into existence. I jolted and realized there used to be the comfort of a number that was in my phone, ears that listen endlessly, and arms that weren't for anyone else but me. I felt uncomfortable for a while. But then this is where I drove myself into. A path chosen by no one but me. Coffee is done. Music has stopped. I'm gonna be good. No. I'm gonna have the f#&king time of my life.

What do you mean make lemonades when life throws you lemons?

There's so much more to make out of those bitter-sour things!

Heck!

Zest it, make a dessert

Juice it, make lemon bars

Make a sauce

Use it to season and flavor

You can even plant the seeds and grow your own tree!

The possibilities are next to limitless, you just have to use a bit of imagination to explore outside of box. :D

Experience has taught me to be more careful in choosing the company I keep. I don't consider it important to have a large number of friends in my social network. Instead, I derive more value from the actions my friends have shown whenever my back is turned. True friendship, I found out years ago, should be judged on merit, not simply on the personalities, likes, dislikes, traits, beliefs, and so on which you all have in common.

Edited by Lord Superb
  • Like (+1) 1

At times, it is not the big things that transform or change us. It is devoting ourselves to the small tasks that prepare us for the big challenges of life. It is when we faithfully pour ourselves into whatever it is that we pursue. So whatever it is that you do, do it well.

Edited by coffeeholic