Dream Theater

Pearl Jam

Metallica

U2

Nirvana

But for me the top band ever is:

Rage Against The Machine

U2

RAGe against the machine, yeh long live the commie millionaires, bunch of hippocrites, Gano kaya kayaman sina zach dela rocha at tom morello. Kaya nga nag audio slave na lang yung 3/4 ng banda para di sila guilty sa pagpapayaman :D

U2

RAGe against the machine, yeh long live the commie millionaires, bunch of hippocrites, Gano kaya kayaman sina zach dela rocha at tom morello. Kaya nga nag audio slave na lang yung 3/4 ng banda para di sila guilty sa pagpapayaman :D

I dont see anything wrong with getting rich, as long as you dont exploit and abuse others. Also I never really heard in their lyrics that they are against getting rich, though they do clearly ssy they are against the wroong way of doing it.

Pero opinion lang bro hehehehe peace :thumbsupsmiley:

I dont see anything wrong with getting rich, as long as you dont exploit and abuse others. Also I never really heard in their lyrics that they are against getting rich, though they do clearly ssy they are against the wroong way of doing it.

for me its still the BEATLES...

why?

the beatles revolutionized music globally

rock n roll was not just all about NOISY guitar riffs, heavy DRUM beats, et al..

the beatles can do heavy rock if they wanted to (heard of helter skelter?)

their music has MEANING.. their LYRICs talk about LIFE, LOVE and even s@%t...

I mean were talking of the GREATEST here dudes, ika nga sa basketball e G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Time)...

pero lahat ng binanngit nyo GREAT bands talaga.. its just that were talking of the GOAT...

opinion ko lang mga dre....

• 3 weeks later...

OT

Used to like RATM when I was in college, People of the Sun, Bulls on Parade (Evil Empire Album). Battle of Los Angeles Album mahlupet din. Saka suporta sila sa Zapatistas in Chiapas,Mexico :cool: . Trotskyist si Tom Morello thats what I like about the guy. Tapos suporta din sila sa Lumino Sindejo sa Peru,( wrong move.) :thumbsdownsmiley: .

Lately naging level headed na yung rest ng banda and Zach is still a hardcore leftist. Yung me utak lang naman talaga sa RATM eh sina Zach and Tom Morello :)

Sobrang dami kasing sub-genre ng rock kaya mahirap sagutin to e. isa-isahin ko na lang yung mga nakahiligan kong genre:

Greatest Pop Rock Band: U2

Greatest Arena Rock Band: Queen

Greatest Punk Rock Band: The Ramones

Greatest Heavy Metal Band: Metallica

Greatest Glam Metal Band: Guns and Roses

Greatest Pinoy Rock Band: Eraserheads

Pero greatest rock band? BEATLES

The Jerks - The hardest working pinoi rock band, still standing after more than 20 years and still giving people a bang for their buck. If you've never seen these guys live at 70's Bistro every friday, then you are missing on a lot. Definitely not background music for shobiz chicka and shallow conversations. Their music grabs you by the collar, throws you on the floor and picks you up and hurls you out of the window.

The Jerks - The hardest working pinoi rock band, still standing after more than 20 years and still giving people a bang for their buck. If you've never seen these guys live at 70's Bistro every friday, then you are missing on a lot. Definitely not background music for shobiz chicka and shallow conversations. Their music grabs you by the collar, throws you on the floor and picks you up and hurls you out of the window.

just my two cents' worth... sayang, but the jerks used to grab people by the balls... you should've seen them in the old days of punk. the bistro is a retirement home for aging rock bastards... peace

of course, THE SEX PISTOLS

The most recognisable band name and members in punk rock. The first and the best. This band alone stood in the centre of the maelstrom with their manager Malcolm McClaren conducting before they all lost the plot in a welter of acrimony and chaos. . The music, lyrics & attitude were their own. Sneering vocals, incendiary guitars and a desire to shock and provoke was something not seen before. The swindlers of rock n roll!!!!!

Edited by ninjakol
  • 1 month later...