• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Jon jones and the axe murderer

dude seriously? we are discussing what happened in ufc 196. and you post an out of the blue topic of jon jones and wanderlei just so you can have something to post? are you kidding me? i'm really heated right now coz my man lost, don't make me go out there and go Mcgregor on your ass coz i will. jesus christ! some of these posters are are f-ing annoying at times

Edited by hahnz
  • Like (+1) 1

Coming from the post UFC 196 press conference it looks like Holly wants a rematch and wants to get another fight quickly. Mcgregor said he will defend his featherweight crown and go up to Lightweight to fight either Dos Anjos or Nick Diaz if they fight each other for the Lightweight crown.

Will just have to wait on the next fight that White puts in for Holm, Tate, Mcgregor and Diaz but for now the next upcoming fight between Mark Hunt and Frank Mir is next on March 20

March 20, 2016

Brisbane

attachicon.gifUFC-Fight-Night-85.jpg

I think what he meant that Dana White would suddenly frown is because Mcgregor is pulling in the crowd and is a great hype machine for the UFC to rake in more money. If he loses to Diaz it would be like how Rousey lost, he needs that face for the UFC in order to make people want to come and watch the fights.

He used to have that with Jon Jones, so after he got suspended for that MVA, he looked to Ronda to hype up the fights, but after she lost to Holm he is now looking to Mcgregor to do that. God forbid, Mcgregor loses, it would get people to lose interest with no one to create the drama. But Jones is coming back in April so it would be interesting who the UFC would like to put up as their face for the company

Ah yeah, I get it now. Thanks bro. After all, in the end it's all a business for Dana White. Yeah, it's a passion for him of course, but you gotta admit that it's the cash flow that makes the entire UFC machinery work. And that's why he needs crowd-drawers like Ronda and McGregor.

Edited by Roman Rapido

I agree with the idea that Ronda and Holly should first do a rematch. Even if no belt is on the line, they'd still be better off doing it cuz both of them have something to prove: Ronda, that she can bounce back from such a god-awful defeat, and Holly, that her whooping Ronda was no fluke. On the business end of things, this will also make a lot of sense because it's gonna determine who's gonna fight Miesha for the championship. Also, this way, the belt will be able to stay in one place longer, instead of being passed around like a blunt.

As for The Notorious, ain't no shame in your game, son. It takes a grown man with huge balls to move up two whole friggin' weight divisions just to fight a last minute replacement. The adjustment that that entails, both with sacrificing speed and stamina in favor of bulking up, and changing the already-established game plan for RDA, is no small matter. Like he said, he'll fight ANYONE, regardless of the weight class. Now that's a badass warrior right there.

In hindsight, moving up that much in weight class was clearly not a good idea, but solid props to Connor McGregor for being a big boy and showing everyone why he's a champion. As for Nate, you can now buy your yacht.

I think Holm/Rousey II will be saved for UFC 200 whether or not there's a belt on the line. Dana's challenge is to build up another fighter that can draw so that a megafight of sorts with McGregor would be the headliner for UFC 200. If Dana is going to make UFC 200 his Wrestlemania, then CM Punk's debut match will probably be the perfect opening match of the event.

I think Holm/Rousey II will be saved for UFC 200 whether or not there's a belt on the line. Dana's challenge is to build up another fighter that can draw so that a megafight of sorts with McGregor would be the headliner for UFC 200. If Dana is going to make UFC 200 his Wrestlemania, then CM Punk's debut match will probably be the perfect opening match of the event.

And who might be the closest candidate for Dana's build-up project? After Connor's loss to Diaz today, I don't think he'll be excited to move across weight classes anytime soon.

Edited by Roman Rapido

And who might be the closest candidate for Dana's build-up project? After Connor's loss to Diaz today, I don't think he'll be excited to move across weight classes anytime soon.

Things will still develop and change between now and when UFC 200 happens. Maybe Faber moving up to featherweight vs. McGregor off the top of my head could be a good/great match-up on paper. Especially if Faber wins the rubber match against Domenik Cruz on UFC 199.

If it's about making a mega-fight, then somehow a Spider vs. McGregor catch-weight match would be intriguing. The only reason I say this (although it's unlikely to happen) is because Silva's chances of being in a title picture would be below the middleweight (and maybe even welterweight) class at this point.

Mcgregor is the real deal. He bit off more than he could chew but he did inflict damage on Diaz. He is a company man and he saved the main event even if it meant going up 170 pounds which is on Diaz's terms. Give Mcgregor a couple of months to train and I don't think Diaz wins. I think he will crush Frankie Edgar and beat Dos Anjos. When he steps in the octagon as a welterweight next time, he will be ready. What Mcgregor did, going up to 170 and taking on a different fighter on 10 days notice that you did not train for, is difficult to begin with, but he still went through with it.

I think McGregor's credit is for taking on a fight two weight classes up on short notice. But the training credit goes to Diaz because all he had for training is to practically go on a diet and maybe watch McGregor fights on youtube. I think Nate is right that the fight may have been more lopsided if he had a full training schedule to work with.

McGregor did not respect Diaz's chin and over-estimated his punching power to a bigger guy.