• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Apparently all the Sonnen vs. Silva jawing is not just play for the cameras. The two of them have been coaching in Brazil for season 3 of the Ultimate Fighter's South American sister and today news broke that Wanderlei Silva took a swing at Chael Sonnen. Apparently Sonnen got out of the way and took Silva down into mount at which point one of Wanderlei's trainers clocked Sonnen in the back of the head. Sonnen is said to have been alrigth following the blow, but in pain nonetheless. Bloody Elbow was able to confirm the story with one of Sonnen's coaches, after Dana White let the details slip at his press luncheon on Monday.

At least we now know that their beef is not just for show.

Edited by G_sKiLLz

it was nice to see Overeem with better cardio and making better decisions, but man Frank Mir should just stop. He can't keep taking beatings like that.

Barao is a beast, the stoppage was sketchy, but I don't think it would have ended any other way. Barao is just too much. Urijah had absolutely nothing for Renan, it could have been a worse beating if Herb Dean let it continue.

Aldo should really move up to 155.

he was EconoReem that night, which was good, definitely learned a lot from the Travis Brown fight.

and he definitely improved his cardio, he looked just as fresh at the end of round 3 and at the start of the fight, he didn't even look like he was in a fight at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Now i am wondering what's next in the HW division.

Cain will be out 6 months minimum after surgery

Junior is stuck after losing twice to the champ

Travis and Fabricio will fight

Cormier is moving to LHW

Warmaster, Mir, Nelson are coming off losses

Bigfoot and Big Ben are suspended due to PED

Only bright spot is Miocic

Overeem is on a comeback trail

Oh how I wish Carwin, Del Rosario and Lesnar (yeah him.. haha) were still in the mix. Though I'm betting when he feels Overeem's kick again he will crawl back to the WWE again.. haha..

Edited by G_sKiLLz

Barao still has one legit challenge in 135. Former champ Dominik Cruz. If he beats him, then what happens to that division?

Much like Aldo in 145, the top contenders there were already beaten by the champ. Mendes, Lamas, Swanson, Korean Zombie. Although Poirier looked impressive in his last fight, I dont think he will last with Aldo. A rematch with Mendes though is a fight I'd love to see. Especially how Chad is tearing up the division lately.

LW is still the most competitive division. And this is still excluding Alvarez and Chandler.

Edited by G_sKiLLz

^ You think BJ can get past Frankie this time around?

Aldo at 155 would be fun, love to see Edson against Aldo to see who can kick better..

BJ seems really focused right now, and when that guy is on, he's on.

I may be biased, because I'm a huge BJ fan, but I think Frankie will have his hands full with this new version of BJ. He just needs to stay focused and fight off the lazy.

i guess im the biggest BJ fan but i dont like his chances against Edgar. A motivated Penn is like a mythical creature to me, ill believe it when i see it. Although him training in Nova Uniao with the likes of Barao and Aldo is a step in the right direction, i dont think training there for a couple of months will make much of a difference. Im still rooting for the Prodigy either way.

• Like (+1) 1