• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I think sonnen vbisping fight was just for show, i had bisping winning the 1st 2 rounds, sonnen had a luckily got bispings back on the 3rd, but its not a fight worthy of the greatest fighter ever. Thats a joke in itself. At least when he faces silva, he'll get to retire...and shut up finally.

@ CorpseGrinder

This I have to ask (although the "@" is just because you were the only one to make predictions), is Demian Maia another case of the game evolving faster than his standup improvement can keep up? Granted both he and Wiedman looked out of gas in the third, but it was surprising that he couldn't impose his BJJ game at all.

I was upset not seeing Maia execute his game plan. Considered their fight boring tbh.

Sonnen talked like a WWE superstar in his post-fight interview.:lol:

Yeah it was hilarious but at the same time, disappointing cos I would expect a better build up. Respect to Bisping in keeping his emotions in check.

I dunno about you guys but I am finding the FOX panel kinda lame to me. I mean they are turning this thing into a basketball game to be honest.

^

NBA/Boxing type marketing. Goes with Dana White's idea of educating a newbie audience on what MMA is all about, but having had the opportunity to watch UFC 1, also thought that it was a bit too much. Chael Sonnen made a good point about it in the post fight presser too. There was so much hype about the 3 fights on fox that people missed out on maybe even better fights on Fuel.

Feel sorry for Bisping too (though I don't like either him nor Sonnel that much). Thought there was no way in hell people would mess up the chance to see Silva-Sonnen 2. Watching yesterday's event though, one would wonder how much Chael can bring this time around and how much Silva's injuries really affected him the last time.

@ CorpseGrinder

This I have to ask (although the "@" is just because you were the only one to make predictions), is Demian Maia another case of the game evolving faster than his standup improvement can keep up? Granted both he and Wiedman looked out of gas in the third, but it was surprising that he couldn't impose his BJJ game at all.

he just wants to improve his game by improving his standup but sometimes it better for him to focus on what he does best which is bjj... i don't like bisping at all and happy to see him lose again. he will be forever be remembered as the british guy who was almost a contender... LOL!!!

GSP is really aiming for Nick.. I hope Nick wins.. I want to see GSP fight pissed.. This maybe the fight that might make him come out of "safe mode" GSP.. Here are some GSP quotes pertaining to Nick Diaz from UFC 143 Primetime:

"He acts crazy but he's not crazy. It's fake, it's a fake crazy"

"I probably had more street fights than he ever had in his life"

"People has no idea how dark I am in my head sometimes"

"Nick Diaz DESERVES to be beat down"

On a side note, UFC deserves an award for their Primetime and Countdown shows, they really know how to hype up a fight..

^

Diaz-GSP is definitely the more intriguing match. Should Diaz get it to the ground or make Condit throw away the technical aspect of his game or somehow burn out Carlos' cadrio, we'll get another grudge match similar to what we already got from last Sunday.

That said, I'm still picking Condit given that Diaz is more liable to keep the fight on the feet. Kicks, knees, and "that" counter right hook going to be keys here.

Also picking Fabricio Werdum, but not likely he'll knock Roy Nelson out.

^

Diaz-GSP is definitely the more intriguing match. Should Diaz get it to the ground or make Condit throw away the technical aspect of his game or somehow burn out Carlos' cadrio, we'll get another grudge match similar to what we already got from last Sunday.

That said, I'm still picking Condit given that Diaz is more liable to keep the fight on the feet. Kicks, knees, and "that" counter right hook going to be keys here.

Also picking Fabricio Werdum, but not likely he'll knock Roy Nelson out.

I just hate the Diaz guys so much. Lol. I do want GSP to kick some Diaz butt but whoever wins and fights GSP will be deserving.

Good win by both Sonnen and Evans. Hope they both do well in their respective championship matches.

I think these two challengers has the best chance of winning the belt for their respective.. feeling ko pag di padin nila natalo yung si silva and jones, wala pang ufc fighters that have the set of skills that could beat them as of the moment..

Guest nick fury

I think sonnen paid tribute to an old wwe wrestler who is now a city official of the state they were playing.

Who is this former WWE wrestler whom Sonnen was paying tribute to?