• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

the possibility of Randy beating Lyoto for me is bleak... stylistically Machida's style is anti-wrestling/dirty boxing

it would really be entertaining if Randy is able to keep Lyoto or even get Lyoto in the clinch, and takedown defense wise Machida has a damn good base and is really hard to take down... even Nakamura a judoka had trouble taking him down, and then them wrestlers like Rashad, Page, Tito had difficulty taking him down. Cap doesn't have the KO power to down Machida

but heck it's MMA and we might be in for a surprise

yup..MMA is very unpredictable..and you can never discount a guy like Couture.he is been an underdog in all of his fights, yet he still manages to win.. win or lose,im a big Couture fan, but i hope Machida keeps on winning so he can challege Jones asap.but, it will take time since he came from back-to-back losses..

hey guys, just noticed this..i am not discrediting the win of Jones, but it seems that sometimes he is going beyond the rules.though this didnt change the outcome of the fight..cant find the gifs, but if you rewatched it you can see what im talking about.

lists of fouls under the unified rules

#1.Butting with the Head

1st round - 25 seconds remaining. Jones headbutt the stomach of Shogun

#12. Throat strikes of any kind

1st round - 2:29. Jones elbowed the throat of Rua

1st round - 2 seconds remaining hit again the throat of Shogun

2nd round - 30 seconds remaining, elbowed again the throat. Herb Dean, warned him about that.

2nd round - 13 seconds remaining, elbowed again

True... Jones did some illegal strikes, same as the the Hammil fight 12-6 elbows. He even knee'd Rua while one knee was down. After that Shogun was never the same... thou I still believe Jones would have beat Shogun but not that fast, he made it looked so easy! That Jackson camp is something... "magulang" rin tlga! Hehe... :lol:

By the way UFC bought Strikeforce... Big fights coming!!! Next in line Bellator! Hahaha... :lol:

Edited by maddromeo

Key word of the night - Wrestling!

Phil Davis won using wrestling as well..

Just a thought, lets see the current UFC champs:

HW: Cain Velasquez

LHW: Jon Jones

MW: Anderson Silva

WW: GSP

LW: Frankie Edgar

FW: Jose Aldo

BW: Dominick Cruz

From those bunch only Anderson Silva and Jose Aldo does not use wrestling. Of course Anderson would have lost if he had not caught Chael.

Aldo, on the other hand has (in my opinion) Chad Mendes as a serious contender which is also a wrestler.

My point? May mga Pinoy MMA practioners ba na may wrestling background? :lol:

wow, Phil Davis is really making a name in the lhw division. i wanna see him fight a good wrestler next time that can exploit his skills. what the f#&k happen to dan hardy? after his loss to gsp, his career was on a downward spiral. is that a crippler crossface? impressive submission win by zombie.

Edited by CorpseGrinder

True... Jones did some illegal strikes, same as the the Hammil fight 12-6 elbows. He even knee'd Rua while one knee was down. After that Shogun was never the same... thou I still believe Jones would have beat Shogun but not that fast, he made it looked so easy! That Jackson camp is something... "magulang" rin tlga! Hehe... :lol:

By the way UFC bought Strikeforce... Big fights coming!!! Next in line Bellator! Hahaha... :lol:

i dont remember he kneed Rua while he was down..maybe ur talking about the shin-to-the-face while Rua's left arm is still down..nsa GIF ko ata yun sa taas..pro, im not sure about that, kc patayo na rin c Shogun nun..

and i wonder why the throat strikes didnt get any publicity.he did it a number of times..it seems that Jones uses illegal strikes when the things didnt goes his ways..kya nga yung appeal nila sa DQ against the Hamill fight didnt materialize..he cant finish Hamill on that fight, kya natempt xa mag 12-6 elbows..the same with Shogun fight, though the throat strikes didnt do any significant damage..Jones is amazing, but i hope he can correct his actions..overhyped pa rin xa..he's talented but he beat the Shogun who isnt 100%..though i doubt if the outcome will be different if Shogun is healthy.

i agree that the Jackson camp is testing the rules..

Key word of the night - Wrestling!

Phil Davis won using wrestling as well..

Just a thought, lets see the current UFC champs:

HW: Cain Velasquez

LHW: Jon Jones

MW: Anderson Silva

WW: GSP

LW: Frankie Edgar

FW: Jose Aldo

BW: Dominick Cruz

From those bunch only Anderson Silva and Jose Aldo does not use wrestling. Of course Anderson would have lost if he had not caught Chael.

Aldo, on the other hand has (in my opinion) Chad Mendes as a serious contender which is also a wrestler.

My point? May mga Pinoy MMA practioners ba na may wrestling background? :lol:

team SPRAWL is a wrestling-based mma team.

insane Judo throws/trips

192 lbs BJ Penn vs LHW Machida

http://a604.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/106/l_fb201d673549d279ea82abc07cfe93eb.gif

http://a742.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/111/l_431601c6d667af39811018d30c324f7d.gif

http://a100.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/42/l_83f36adb3d25e23d8ead894d48aa3f7b.gif

Machida has one of the most effective trips in MMA..just not sure if he can use it to takedown Jones.

But so is Bones..

jon-jones-shogun-takedown-ufc-128.gif

http://www.themmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/jones-hamill-trip.jpg

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5894/temp32049240307.gif

http://a622.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/77/l_03ad647540009dee6888bc1fd7094b55.gif