• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I really didn't think Chael was hurt by Anderson from the bottom during the last round of that fight. If he had been hurt though (and it is really hard to hurt someone with punches when your punching from your back) I think he had more than enough time to remember. What did him in however IMO was by the time the fourth round came around he had become so accustomed to firing punches from within Anderson's guard with almost relative ease despite having one of his hands controlled by the Spider that it seems his 'defenses' weren't up and Anderson surprised him with a triangle.

Hendo was hurt by a head kick then a straight and ended up giving his back but I also thought he had more than enough time to regain his wits about him. If I remember correctly he actually managed to pull guard and hold Anderson for a while before getting passed, mounted and stretched out on his back eventually which led to the rear naked choke.

Look we cannot blame GSP if he takes a bit of time considering whether going up a weight class or not. Again Anderson is significantly larger than him and it's not just him... Remember you have the likes of Chael Sonnen, Munoz and Okami in the same weight class among others against these guys his obvious wrestling advantage will probably stifled not only by their wrestling skill but also by the fact that these guys are larger height wise and do walk around 205-210 and cut down to 185.

walking weight and fighting weight are two totally different things which most people have a hard time understanding.

whats the difference between being rocked and being stunned?

in an interview, Chael admitted that he was rocked/stunned twice by AS, i believe the other 1 was the one i was talking about..

Height wise? the last time i check, UFC didnt have height limit..George Roop is a 6'1 FW.but he wasnt dominating that weight class, in fact he lost to Hominick and Wineland, who are much smaller than him..

MW = 185

WW = 170

Difference = 15 lbs

GSPs walking weight is 190-195..he jst need to add a little more pounds..but, i guess Dana is reconsidering the fight. In a recent interview by Ariel Helwani, he said that it is a "Fantasy Fight", that maybe AS should fight first Okami..so, all the favors now are on GSP..if Okami upsets AS, GSP then wouldnt have to fight him..also, if we'll wait for GSP to properly bulk up, it will probably take time.AS is turning 37, by next year he'll be 38. he may be past his prime by then, giving all the advantages to GSP..but, that fight would then be irrelevant..

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/79549.html

here's the latest news about AS from ESPN.

Silva ready to fight GSP at catchweight, says manager

Anderson Silva is prepared to fight Georges St-Pierre at a catchweight, according to the Brazilian's manager Jorge Guimaraes.

Doubts have recently surfaced over a potential superfight between Silva and St-Pierre, with welterweight champion St-Pierre expressing doubts over the size difference between the two men. Silva is the current middleweight king, and he has twice stepped up to light-heavyweight for easy victories over James Irvin and Forrest Griffin.

St-Pierre insists he is not afraid of Silva, but claims he would need a serious amount of time to prepare his body for the leap to 185lbs.

However, Silva's manager Guimaraes revealed there is no need for GSP to make the full step up, revealing The Spider would happily weigh in at a catchweight of around 178lbs, knowing that he would load the weight back on during the 24 hours prior to the fight.

"Anderson has proven he's the best fighter and he handles it quite good. It's a complicated fight for GSP… it's a pretty bad fight for him", Guimaraes told Tatame.

"Anderson has this biotype, he loses weight easily, he can make any weight, so I believe a catchweight [bout] would be perfect for GSP, and Anderson wouldn't have problems with that.

"Who'd have a problem would be GSP, because Anderson can lose that weight easily and, at the day of the fight, he'd be on his usual weight, so I believe it's complicated for Georges St-Pierre."

main difference is how you can react to it you get rocked = you're ready to go down, you get stunned = fukken irritating

i haven't been in a professional fight chief, but i've had my share of 100% sparring sessions

believe me the first time you get hit, you get stunned, and then it's fight or flight mode

main difference is how you can react to it you get rocked = you're ready to go down, you get stunned = fukken irritating

i haven't been in a professional fight chief, but i've had my share of 100% sparring sessions

believe me the first time you get hit, you get stunned, and then it's fight or flight mode

Tell me bout it. I got rocked countless times during sparring sessions, but having those sessions also toughen you up.

im tired of all the Jon Jones HYPE..i really liked him before prior to this fight. he's very respectful to all of his previous opponents..but now, his arrogance is showing..some part of it maybe confidence, but majority of it is arrogance..he is very cocky in the press conference and signing autographs with the "champion 2011" is very disrespectful to Shogun..he thought that the crowd in new york will be on his side, but you could still hear half of the audience booing him..he doesnt know that MMA fans are the most fickle-minded fans in all of sports..Jon Jones is great, very exceptional fighter, but his behavior is not the same with the current champions.the attention of the media is now getting to his head..it will be an advantage for Shogun, cause now, it will be easier for him to hit the BIG HEAD of Bones... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is my pick for UFC 128..

Shogun - early KO/ Submission (leglocks)

Wineland - Decision

Shalarous - Decision

Miller - Sub

Cro Cop - Head Kick KO (hehehe..)

puro underdog ang picks ko..hehe.. UFC 128 is so stacked, but only the main event interests me and the fight of Barboza.hopefully. majority of the main cards will be finishd early, so we can see some undercards, lalo na yung kay Barboza.w/c in IMO is the future LW champion.saw his UFC debut with Mike Lullo, who has a BJJ background..Barboza's leglicks on that fight are the nastiest i ever seen.Joe Rogan, who is a Taek Won Do champion, praised how perfect Barboza's legkicks are.its pity to watch Lullo take all that kicks.its a good thing that the ref stopped the fight on the 3rd round..ground game na lang ang kulang sa knya..cause Lullo has threatend him several times by submissions..

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/jadnat2k/UFC/MikeLulloVsEdsonBarboza.gif

Tell me bout it. I got rocked countless times during sparring sessions, but having those sessions also toughen you up.

yup, i took a beer bottle full in the face...

bottled smashed & cut me up real bad...

didn't even get dizzy...

pasensya na chief ha ma-share ko lang kung bakit matagal tagal akong hindi nakapagtrain...

now they call me scarface lol ^_^

I just hope that Eddie Wineland brings it like he always does and make a brawl of the fight.

Eddie owns my 2nd favorite slam knockout next to Rampage-Arona slam KO.

damn straight sir

I was always wondering why Mirko does not let his legs go as much as his days in Pride, but after that Schaub KO, now I know why. He threw his legs but was countered by a punch.

His fall after the punch looked as bad as his fall on the Gonzaga fight.

Damn, time to call it quits Mirko, the Pride legends are now over. Mirko and Fedor should retire.

Awesome Promo for UFC 129!! More great now that they can use Strikeforce video of Shields wins.

Stacked card especially the pay per view..

Shields for the Lay and Pray win.. :lol:

Nah, GSP for the win, I predict ala Koscheck.. with his boxing and take down defense (more hoping than predict cause anybody who goes to the ground with Shields is in trouble)

CONGRATULATIONS JON JONES!!!!! New UFC Light Heavyweight Champion!!!

panalo lahat ng picks ko... :D :P :lol:

you can now call him SHOGAS. man, rua gassed out after the 1st round. jon jones is a insane perfect fighting machine. i wonder who can defeat him, the BONES ERA has just began.

Jones vs Silva will be a great matchup.

Wow! Who would have thought.. Shogun tapping with strikes.. Herb Dean stopped the fight but Shogun was also tapping..

I hope Phil Davis lives up to his hype as well. He is a freak of nature like Jones.

Is Rashad serious that he will fight Bones? He will be sent to dreamland all over again ala Machida. :lol:

yeah it was sad that shogun actually tapped :( man those knees were just absolutely devastating.

it was funny how jones' demeanor and facial expression just completely changed when rashad came into the cage.

you could really sense he was not happy about the whole thing.