• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Holy Crap! What a stand-up war between Kampmann and Sanchez.. That was fun to watch!

Dana was so happy that he gave both fighters $160T in bonuses alone..

Also, the lighter weight fighters have officially arrived with the Bowles vs Page match.. Page was dominating the stand-up with his phenomenal muay thai until Bowles landed an uppercut and grabbed his neck for the dejavu guillotine on Page..

Munoz won.. Yey! A controversial one but a victory nonetheless..

Oh UFC, please make Palhares vs Maia match.. Let's see who is the best grappler in MMA's MW division..

Edited by G_sKiLLz

the guard position is actually an advantageous position, and the person inside the guard is in the least dominant position in BJJ

tama ba chief gf?

Well not really. It's more like the guy on the bottom has 'neutralized' the top person's advantage cause he cannot attach from within the guard. If it's MMA though judges tend to look at the top guy as the one with the positional advantage cause of course in MMA you have the additional option to punch and elbow from within the guard.

If ever Palhares and Meia would ever meet in the octagon the thing is both might not actually risk goin to the ground knowing how good both of em are. What we might end up watching is two of the best grapplers in the world trying to decide who among them is the better striker so we might not actually find out who the better grappler is if they're gonna meet in the octagon. The ADCC I think would be a better venue to find that out.

If ever Palhares and Meia would ever meet in the octagon the thing is both might not actually risk goin to the ground knowing how good both of em are. What we might end up watching is two of the best grapplers in the world trying to decide who among them is the better striker so we might not actually find out who the better grappler is if they're gonna meet in the octagon. The ADCC I think would be a better venue to find that out.

Has Palhares ever competed in ADCC? I know Maia is a former under 88kg champion.

Oh Hendo is SF champ again after TKO of Feijao.

Well not really. It's more like the guy on the bottom has 'neutralized' the top person's advantage cause he cannot attach from within the guard. If it's MMA though judges tend to look at the top guy as the one with the positional advantage cause of course in MMA you have the additional option to punch and elbow from within the guard.

then why do Royce-Saku, Saku-Newton all ended up to be a ground game? cause they are not well-rounded during that time? besides, Branch is a Renzo BJJ Blackbelt and we all know what happened.. and it is ironic that when 2 elite strikers fight, they seldom hit the ground (except, when som1 was KO).

i heard a story that Palhares submitted Big Nog during training and Eddie Bravo admitted that he tapped to white belts..is this normal? that every1 taps once in a while by a lower degree BJJ practicioner..or it just that the newbies are really that impressive?

^ So who do you suggest Bisping faces next?? Maia would be one of my top choices... though I think Munoz won't be a bad choice either..

Falcao.though not yet in top 10. but that guy is nasty..it will be a good match up for him, since Bisbing is always working and Falcao based on his UFC debut, is a counter-striker.

i heard a story that Palhares submitted Big Nog during training and Eddie Bravo admitted that he tapped to white belts..is this normal? that every1 taps once in a while by a lower degree BJJ practicioner..or it just that the newbies are really that impressive?

Yes... and you do have cases when a guy who hasn't been training that long ends up submitting people of a supposedly higher BJJ pedigree.

We of course have the likes of BJ Penn and Mike Fowler to prove that.

Some teachers will actually let a lower belt 'catch' them from time to time as a teaching method too... The most famous BJJ teacher I could think of who does this is Diego Sanchez's BJJ coach and multiple time world champion Saulo Ribeiro.