• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Let us not forget that Travis Lutter nearly had Anderson Silva. He had him mounted during the first round. Had he not gone for that rather 'sloppy' arm bar I believe he could have won.

yup..i guess only Lutter was the only fighter that put AS in danger in UFC, cause he was the only who mounted Silva..and he is also the reason why AS record for most consecutive title defense is cut by 1.but, i doubt if he can still subbed AS if he made weight and not dehydrated on that fight... let's see if GSP can do the same to Silva. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We can always assume how GSP will fare against Silva...but still, he is yet to be tested in MW..

and the fact remains the same...GSP is afraid of Silva... :P :P :P

Good news to the brandon vera fans. i read somewhere that the ufc rescinded his release after thiago silva was tested positive for drug use. their fight was declared a 'no contest' and now vera is back on the ufc roster.

That is good news. I hope in his next match, he performs better than that embarrassing show againt Silva.

Kahit positive si Silva for drugs, Vera still fought terribly

There's already a move within the local MMA community to the BI to have Jbarri deported. And GAB I hear is planning to have his professional fighters license permanently revoked. IMO matagal na dapat ginawa to this is not the first time the guy has acted inappropriately. Even way before he got into MMA he had a somewhat well publicized street fight with the current President of the Wrestling Association of the Philippines and former national coach Albert Balde. Coach Albert suplexed and kicked Razzi's ass of course.

Good news to the brandon vera fans. i read somewhere that the ufc rescinded his release after thiago silva was tested positive for drug use. their fight was declared a 'no contest' and now vera is back on the ufc roster.

I don't think that this is good news at all.. In my opinion there is less than 10% of the current UFC LHW roster that he can beat.. Especially with his current streaks..

Barndon Vera on the ground is like a fish out of the water.. Simply put, he has no ground game.. Werdum, Jones, and Silva exposed that..

I mean, I'm proud of him kasi Pinoy sya and everything, pero it's a pain to watch him fight lately..

I don't think that this is good news at all.. In my opinion there is less than 10% of the current UFC LHW roster that he can beat.. Especially with his current streaks..

Barndon Vera on the ground is like a fish out of the water.. Simply put, he has no ground game.. Werdum, Jones, and Silva exposed that..

I mean, I'm proud of him kasi Pinoy sya and everything, pero it's a pain to watch him fight lately..

Well Brandon has a ground game. He has a good one at that having won at Grappler's quest and having his BJJ Brown belt. I've seen it myself having been able to roll with him a couple of times when he was here preparing for Assuerio Silva back in '07 (or was it '06). The thing is the people he has been fighting as of late have been bad matches for him on the ground. Jones stifled his movement with his wrestling. Silva simply overpowered him and used that age-old adage that says "if you catch a a black belt with a punch once he becomes a brown belt, twice a purple belt and so on and so forth. And of course he was clearly overmatched size and skill wise against Fabricio Werdum. Dabbling in MMA requires that you make the most out of your skills. And yeah Brandon would have been better off using his wrestling/grappling in reverse ala Chuck Lidell using it to keep the fight standing where his most potent weapons (his leg kicks and his punches) shine.

Edited by geneticfreak

That was some serious bad blood between Bisping and Rivera.. A thug from Boston against a hooligan from Manchester, well what would we expect, hugs and kisses - I dont think so.. :lol:

Bisping is such a douche urging the crowd to cheer after he clearly landed an illegal knee.. :angry2:

Oh please do not put Bisping in title contention at MW!

Edited by G_sKiLLz