• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

eto nanaman ang management ni fedor, nag mala mayweather nanaman

Fedor's Manager Requests Drug Testing for Heavyweight Semi-Finals

Same old music that M-1 is singing, and so this saga begins.. tsk tsk.. <_<

Why wait for the semis? Why not request every match in the "tournament"? Hell, his first match is with Antonio Silva who was caught doping before.. It's obvious that they are targeting Overeem.. :angry2:

Guillard must be high when he made the statement that he is the best 155 pounder after TKO'ing Evan Dunham.. :lol:

Sure he defeated an up and coming fighter in Dunham but go through the contenders first before demanding for a title shot.. Have some humility kid.. -_-

Guillard has always been a cocky SOB. I'd say pair him with Jim Miller then have Guida go up against Sot then the winners from each square-off in a title eliminator

Hey guys. I read something quite interesting from one of the Yahoo Sports MMA links. Here's an excerpt from an article on Jason Reinhardt (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=mmajunkie-Will_Ribeiro_UFC_127_Jason_Reinhardt_seeks_win).

"It was enough to propel him back into the good graces of the Zuffa brass; Reinhardt (201 MMA, 01 UFC was pegged to welcome Chinese import Zhang Tie Quan (10-0 MMA, 0-0 WEC) to the U.S. on the WEC 51 card this past September.

The proposed bout, however, simply was not meant to be.

Reinhardt failed a pre-fight medical exam conducted by the Colorado State Boxing Commission that halted the matchup in its tracks.

"They cancelled my fight at the last minute because they said my eyes were too bad," Reinhardt told MMAjunkie.com Radio. "I fought with my contacts (previously). I had a high prescription. I couldn't see very well without my contacts. Now I am seeing 20/15. I had the corrective-vision surgery."

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Post UFC-WEC merger, the same matchup with Quan again was given legs by management, only this time it will fall under the UFC banner. The pair finally squares off on the preliminary card of UFC 127, which takes place Feb. 27 in Sydney, Australia."

Zhang Tie Quan of course is very familiar to us in the local MMA scene. The Chinese fighter was the last guy to defeat URCC light heavyweight champion Caloy Baduria. I think him getting a fight in the UFC has some very positive implications for the fighters coming from Asia in general our fighters in the URCC included.

With Quan in the UFC this could possibly be 'the opening of the gates' so to speak that we have been waiting for. Our homegrown talents such as Angelito Manguray and Edward Folayang perhaps are finally set to get a chance to show their skills to the whole world inside what's been called the 'Ultimate Proving Ground' for fighters, the UFC Octagon.

Edited by geneticfreak

didn't catch the fight for the troops on tv. was this even showed on balls? don't remember any commercials about it. i really wanted to watch the main event.

i get all my pride satisfaction from this site (if you have the patience to wait for them to load):

http://mmavideolinks.to/fighter-videos/

mma-core.com used to be good but a lot of their links just don't work anymore.

didnt cacth it also..im exptcing it to be broadcast last sunday..wla din pla..khit delayed telecast sa Balls..wla tlga..