• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

^ ^ ^

Maybe Kampmann was trying to earn a jiu jitsu blackbelt (maybe he is already, I did not check) by submitting Shields.. He was trying desperately to do that when its quite obvious that he has an advantage on the stand-up..

sa pagkakaalm ko chief blackbelt na ata sa BJJ si Kampmann, nadala lang siguro siya ng bugso ng damdamin na subukang ma-submit si Shields... may mga fighters talaga sigurong ganun tipong si Jorge Gurgel matinding BJJ Blackbelt kaso kapag striker ang kalaban nya makikipag sabayan siyang nakatayo at hindi mag ta-takedown.

Been a while since I posted. Big combat Sports Weekend coming up.

Sat Nov 13th is URCC 18: Relentless. My good friend and teammate Jerry Legaspi is featured against Submission Sports Philippines' BJJ Purple Belt Froilan Sarenas (who I had the privilege of meeting in the FFC cage myself back in 2006). Froi's one of the very best grapplers we got in the country but Jerry's a veteran who's got knockout power in his punches. Also my muay thai coach Kru Sulpiano Laurio is featured in the opener against veteran Onyok Trasmonte who was also with submission sports philippines (until recently I think).

Nov 14th of course is Pacman-Margarito day and we all know who were rooting for in this one. And UFC 122 I like Okami over Marquardt in the main event. I hope he can replicate how Chael Sonnen was able to basically shut him down (I know he had been training right after he lost to Sonnen in a similar number one contender type match). As for the co-main event I'm picking Jorge Rivera over Sakara. Sakara's more technical but Jorge has shown back in the past he has more heart. Remember how Sakara simply faded after dominating a similarly styled fighter Drew Mcfedries after dominating him during the earlier stages of their matchup.

boss GF! kamusta sir?

tinalo mo si Froi Sarenas diba?

sir maganda ang assessment mo sa marquardt okami fight.. ano ang basa mo sa rampage machida fight?

Well it's hard to say. It all depends on how Machida's reacts to getting his very first loss. If we take the 'first' loss factor out of the equation though I'd still go with Machida on this one. Rampage has one punch KO power however that won't matter if he can't hit him. I also doubt if he is 'fast' enough to secure him in a clinch long enough to take him down.

@chief riceboi: Froi granted me my only MMA loss back in '06 via rear naked choke. I unfortunately came into that fight simply as a wrestler back then with lil striking and almost zero jiu jitsu. =p eto ok naman. we worked both Jerry and Kru Laurio exceptionally hard for their fights on saturday I hope some of you guys can come see them in action.

Well it's hard to say. It all depends on how Machida's reacts to getting his very first loss. If we take the 'first' loss factor out of the equation though I'd still go with Machida on this one. Rampage has one punch KO power however that won't matter if he can't hit him. I also doubt if he is 'fast' enough to secure him in a clinch long enough to take him down.

@chief riceboi: Froi granted me my only MMA loss back in '06 via rear naked choke. I unfortunately came into that fight simply as a wrestler back then with lil striking and almost zero jiu jitsu. =p eto ok naman. we worked both Jerry and Kru Laurio exceptionally hard for their fights on saturday I hope some of you guys can come see them in action.

ahhh ganun ba chief...

may nagsabi nga sa akin na Legazpi is a stud, hope he wins chief

Tito Ortiz vs Antonio Rogerio Noguiera possible for Spring 2011

Maybe things aren't that "Bad" for the "Boy" from Huntington Beach after all.

The gang down at Tatame is reporting that Tito Ortiz will get yet another chance to find his first UFC win in over four years when he tangles with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in early 2011.

From Lil' Nog:

"I've heard some rumors of this fight, but there’s nothing signed. In my last fight they said about Rampage and they changed to
."

Matt Hamill dropped the "Hammer" on Ortiz, his former teacher, back at UFC 121 on Oct. 23 in Anaheim. The unanimous decision loss pushed "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy's" record to 0-4-1 over his last five fights and the former light heavyweight champion has continued to look less effective in each outing.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/images/blog/star-divide.v5e9d7f1.jpg

Nogueira is also coming off a defeat, a unanimous decision to surging division contender Ryan Bader at UFC 119 back in September. While the loss snapped a seven-fight winning streak, Rogerio was criticized for what was perceived as a poor showing in a split decision win over Jason Brilz at UFC 114 last May.

Neither fighter has anything to prove in terms of their accomplishments in the sport of mixed martial arts, but they may have a lot to prove to the fans if they expect to be considered competitive in the promotion's stacked 205-pound weight class.

Anyone want to lay odds on the early favorite in this one? Nogueira -185?

Stay tuned to <a href="http://mmamania.com/" target="_blank">MMAmania.com for more information on this developing report as it becomes available.

RIP Tito, your career ends here... :blink:

source: http://www.mmamania.com/2010/11/12/1809860/report-tito-ortiz-vs-antonio-rogerio-noguiera-possible-for-spring-2011

URCC 18: Relentless Results

Match 1 George Lusadan (Lakay Wushu) vs.MJ Abrillo (YawYan Kampilan) - Lusadan via rear naked choke

Match 2 Roel Pacional (WAP) vs. Arnel Arancina (D'Elements Gym)- Arancina via ref stoppage due to strikes

Match 3 Noble Ampoc (YawYan Ardigma) vs. Leo Occina (Yawyan Buhawi) - Occina via rear naked choke

Match 4 John Victor Vizconde (Ju Muay) vs. Alvin Ramirez (YawYan Buhawi) - Ramirez via armbar

Match 5 Jose Campo Jr. (Beefit Python's Pit) vs. Pete Brooks - Brooks referee stoppage due to strikes

Match 6 Frank Navarro (Ju-Muay) vs.Nicholas Mann (Hybrid YawYan) - Mann via toehold

Match 7 Sulpiano Laurio (SPRAWL) vs. Onyok Transmonte (Deftac) - Laurio via Unanimous decision

Match 8 Jessie Rafols (D'Elements gym) vs.Jessie Salvador (Ju-Muay) - Rafols via armbar

Match 9 Eric Kelly (YawYan Ardigma) vs. Nate Flores (Predator Combat/Konflikt) - Kelly via rear naked choke

Match 10 Froilan Sarenas (Submission Sport) vs. Jerry Legaspi (SPRAWL) - Sarenas via arm triangle

UFC 122: Marquardt vs. Okami Results

Rocha def. Mccray via kneebar

Vemola def. Petruzelli via tko 1st round

Kyle def. Kimmons 2nd round rear naked choke

Krauss def. Scalon via Unanimous decision

Matyushenko def. Ferreira via tko 1st round

Ludwig def. Osipczak via split decision

Sozynski def. Reljic via Unanimous decision

Sadollah def. Sobotta via Unanimous decision

Siver def. Winner via rear naked choke 1st round

Sakara withdraws from fight with Jorge Rivera due to illness

Okami def. Marquardt via Unanimous decision

Remarks:

Haven't slept much at all -- went straight from watching the URCC at A.venue (finished just past midnight) to a friends house to watch the UFC ppv live. =p

The commissions really ought to find a better way to score closely competed contests such as the Marquardt - Okami fight. I don't think the 10 point must scoring system does justice to some fights especially those which go to razor thin decisions such as this one.

Great fight between our very own Sulpiano Laurio and Onyok Trasmonte that's exactly how you nullify someone with great kicks. You catch and make takedowns out of em.

Too bad Jerry came out on the short end against Sarenas he clearly had him hurt for a while with a right straight I thought he should have gone berserk when he had him temporarily stunned. Oh well he'll fight another day.

Impressive submission wins by Jessie Rafols (who has now emerged as having a complete mma game) and 'the kid' Alvin Ramirez. If there were only awards for submission of the night in the URCC I think these two would have certainly shared the honor.

Nate Flores from Saipan was just clearly overmatched physically by the much bigger and stronger Eric Kelly.

Lastly... I really think 5'6 or 5'7 heavyweights should think about droppin down to a lower weight class. They are just clearly overmatched at heavyweight against these legit heavies like Brooks and Igor Subora. (I'm not sure what height current URCC heavyweight champ Marcus Valda is though I think he's 5'11)

Now to get some breakfast and get some Pacquiao Margarito. Go Pacman!!!

Edited by geneticfreak

meh another opportunity down the drain for marquardt. for some reason he just can't perform to his potential. okami vs the winner of belfort vs silva seems less entertaining than if marquardt had been the victor. sigh...

i must say, i'm really disappointed in marquardt. i'm not impressed by his performance...

Edited by jimmii

Didn't like the fights so much. Main event of UFC 122 was boring. Can't believe Marquardt fought the way he fought.

Too bad the Rivera vs Sakara didn't transpire. At least the Siver vs Winner watch was a worthy replacement as the co-main event. Best match of the main card

URCC 18: Relentless Results

Match 1 George Lusadan (Lakay Wushu) vs.MJ Abrillo (YawYan Kampilan) - Lusadan via rear naked choke

Match 2 Roel Pacional (WAP) vs. Arnel Arancina (D'Elements Gym)- Arancina via ref stoppage due to strikes

Match 3 Noble Ampoc (YawYan Ardigma) vs. Leo Occina (Yawyan Buhawi) - Occina via rear naked choke

Match 4 John Victor Vizconde (Ju Muay) vs. Alvin Ramirez (YawYan Buhawi) - Ramirez via armbar

Match 5 Jose Campo Jr. (Beefit Python's Pit) vs. Pete Brooks - Brooks referee stoppage due to strikes

Match 6 Frank Navarro (Ju-Muay) vs.Nicholas Mann (Hybrid YawYan) - Mann via toehold

Match 7 Sulpiano Laurio (SPRAWL) vs. Onyok Transmonte (Deftac) - Laurio via Unanimous decision

Match 8 Jessie Rafols (D'Elements gym) vs.Jessie Salvador (Ju-Muay) - Rafols via armbar

Match 9 Eric Kelly (YawYan Ardigma) vs. Nate Flores (Predator Combat/Konflikt) - Kelly via rear naked choke

Match 10 Froilan Sarenas (Submission Sport) vs. Jerry Legaspi (SPRAWL) - Sarenas via arm triangle

Bos genetic, surprise guest pala si Royce Gracie nung URCC 18, AMP sayang nakapagpirma man lang sana.. tsk tsk..

wtf????????????

royce gracie???

i never heard, dat he will be dropping here.

i shud have went to URCC, if i only knew..

kxo, hnd ako nanonood ng local MMA eh, maxado wild kc yung karamihan ng mga fighters, hnd pa pulido yung mga techniques..

nwei, on the upcoming UFC 123..Here's my prediction.

RAMPAGE vs MACHIDA - Lyoto by a boring unanimuous decision. rampage will have a hard time chasing machida, he's too flat footed to touch lyoto.machida will dictate this fight. using his boring in-and-out striking to earn points.coz i doubt he can knock out rampage.

HUGHES vs PENN - Hughes by TKO on 2nd or 3rd round. BJ is very talented, but i guess he lost his desire to fight, esp on his last 2 losses. moving up weight will also give him problems(though he previously fought in this division) since he is known to gassed when the fight went to distance.

G-SOT vs J-LAU - tough to call. i guess this would be fight of the night..this wont go the distance..as lauzon said in the primer, "it's either i beat you up or you beat me up"..the winner of this fight will be 1 fight away from the title shot..

Sana maglaban din si dos santos at carwin in the future..

Exciting match up din un

waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...

hope this match up comes soonn..

i think JDS will knock out Cain, and hope that Carwin, makes his way back to title contention, so that the two of them will fight for the title.

kxo, hnd ako nanonood ng local MMA eh, maxado wild kc yung karamihan ng mga fighters, hnd pa pulido yung mga techniques..

Well the quality has greatly improved if you had been able to watch the previous URCC events. The thing is though some of the fighting teams (and styles) here in the country continue to stagnate and stay seemingly unrefined because more often than not clubs who do that still rely on old or outdated training techniques and philosophies.

One of those prevailing ideas I actually find astounding in some teams is that despite the sport being Mixed Martial Arts they continue to only rely either on their striking or grappling to try and subdue opponents. They still approach and prepare MMA fights from a traditional, purist standpoint which is not the case in the US or where MMA has really taken a quantum leap.

But we're getting there... The pinoy victories at Resort World Singapore's Martial Combat events indicate the continously improving quality of pinoy mma. As URCC founder and Martial Arts hall of famer Alvin Aguilar has stated we actually are the winningest asian race at the moment at the Martial Combat events.