• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

WTF just happen to BJ? I think BJ needs to re-assess his career in MMA now. He's clearly lost all desire to fight.

i just heard na he's going to climb to the higher weight classes and try dominating there. pero sa totoo lang, dapat mag stay nalang xa sa weight class nya and try to have some new changes. like changing his whole coaching staff.

Report: Vitor Belfort vs Yushin Okami to headline UFC 122 on Spike TV in Germany

UFC 122 is set to take place on November 12 in Oberhausen, Germany. The event will air on Spike TV in the United States via tape delay. And now, it looks like UFC 122 has a main event.

From The Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer (via Bloody Elbow):

Vitor Belfort vs. Yushin Okami will be the main event of UFC 122 on 11/13 in Oberhausen, Germany. This will be a Spike show in the U.S. The winner will likely face the Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen winner for the middleweight title sometime next year.

I think most people probably saw this match up coming. With Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen set to run it back sometime early next year, Belfort and Okami were left behind to face each other with a title shot awaiting the winner.

Belfort of course has been nursing an injury that kept him out of his scheduled UFC 112 title fight against Anderson Silva earlier this year. "The Phenom" was last seen in action at UFC 103 where he finished Rich Frankin in the first round in his first fight back with the promotion since 2005.

Can we also say that the Couture vs. Toney fight was a freakshow!? Toney's a legit boxer/athlete that stepped into the cage and got choked!

No surpise there! Hope that ends the "Boxing vs. MMA" debate! That they're

both totally different sports & you cant compare it with each other.

Edgar dominates Penn for the 2nd time! Lest just say Frankie was never intimidated by the "BJ Penn" aura! It's not Penn being unfocused blah blah blah. Frankie had Penn all figured out! Im a big BJ Pen fan but let's at least acknowledge this defeat. Looking forward to the Edgar vs. Maynard rematch!!!

bat di ma-takedown ni BJ si Edgar? Nng last round & yung 1st try nya sa 1st round, kaya naman nya..

Well Edgar is no slouch when it comes to wrestling my friend. Remember he is a NCAA Division 1 National Qualifier. What I was particularly impressed with was how well Frankie was able to escape out of some of the inferior positions BJ put him in, especially when BJ got his back with both hooks in in the 3rd or 4th round. I was kinda worried there for Frankie cause not only did BJ have both hooks in,one of the hooks was actually over one of Frankie's arms but he managed to escape with a quick switchout and managed to end up in BJ's guard.

With Maynard though it will be interesting on how he fights off the takedown attempts. The bully won't be as dangerous as BJ on the ground but will probably impose a 'Josh Koscheck on Paul Daley' type control on him to hamper his movement.