• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

frankie edgar beat a legend in bj penn fair and square, ambilis ng hand speed, movements and technical striking, well deserved champion :)

...and he took him down... which no lightweight in 6 years has ever managed to do (i'm not sure if pulver was ever able to take him down though the fight's been so long ago i can't remember), not once but twice. :thumbsupsmiley:

I have to agree with the contention of some though that 3 of the 5 rounds were kinda hard to score though, and so an outright rematch (well at least if BJ asks for one) might be in order. And I'm sure Frankie Edgar would love to prove to everyone that his win was no fluke so he'll probabbly give it to BJ too.

Main event for UFC 115:

Chuck Liddell vs Rich Franklin

not exactly a fight i'd want to watch despite their fighting styles. i guess it's because both of them are currently irrelevant in the the LHW div and imo it seems more like a filler. similar to the hughes vs. gracie fight.

sure can't wait for UFC 113 though. i've been waiting for the rematch since forever.

...and he took him down... which no lightweight in 6 years has ever managed to do (i'm not sure if pulver was ever able to take him down though the fight's been so long ago i can't remember), not once but twice. :thumbsupsmiley:

I have to agree with the contention of some though that 3 of the 5 rounds were kinda hard to score though, and so an outright rematch (well at least if BJ asks for one) might be in order. And I'm sure Frankie Edgar would love to prove to everyone that his win was no fluke so he'll probabbly give it to BJ too.

first judge scores it 50-45 infavor of frankie. frankie even shaked his head as he thought it is for BJ's favor... i would think they will give the title shot to florian...

Silva is a douche for running all of the 4th and 5th round..

I wonder what weight he will fight next.. What the hell, let him fight GSP..

i pity the man, he is so damn good that people is no longer happy whatever the outcome of his fights. if he didnt run, he could have killed his opponent. he already smashed maia's face beyond recognition in just 2 funky rounds where he fought like a clown, a defective robot or a drunken monkey, and a lesbian pussycat. he even stood still, hands down and offeedr his face , body and crotch as open target. ano ba dapat nya gawin?

i pity the man, he is so damn good that people is no longer happy whatever the outcome of his fights. if he didnt run, he could have killed his opponent. he already smashed maia's face beyond recognition in just 2 funky rounds where he fought like a clown, a defective robot or a drunken monkey, and a lesbian pussycat. he even stood still, hands down and offeedr his face , body and crotch as open target. ano ba dapat nya gawin?

How about finishing his opponent? Everybody knows that he can.. why dance around instead of finishing and solidifying his status as the best P4P fighter in the world.. People did not watch UFC 112 to see him dance around and act a fool.. Finish the damn match and maybe we can watch some of the preliminaries..

Maybe because Demian is Brazilian, Thales Leites is also one and he went the distance in a "lay and come to my guard" match.. All other opponents, who are not Brazilian, in the UFC either were submitted or TKO/KOed..

Looks like something happened during the taping of The Ultimate Fighter, that's why Ortiz is out of the fight picture.

Dana White said that Silva will now battle Chael Sonnen around summer, and if he repeats his clowning performance, he'll be receiving his walking papers

MAIN CARD for UFC 115

* Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin

* Patrick Barry vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic

* Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago

* Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald

* Evan Dunham vs. Tyson Griffin

* Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch (???)

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman

* Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel

* Peter Sobotta vs. James Wilks

* Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick

* Jesse Lennox vs. Mike Pyle

Dana White said that Silva will now battle Chael Sonnen around summer, and if he repeats his clowning performance, he'll be receiving his walking papers

I doubt na irerelease nia si Anderson kahit na ulitin nia ung gnwa nia.. Especially with Strikeforce around..

Speaking of Strikforce, sa weekend na yung 3 title fights nila.. Go Shields! (Wishful thinking).. hehe..

I wonder what's next for them? After 3 title fights and Rogers getting the title shot at HW at their next event, makes me think if Fedor would still fight for SF..