• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Very good game plan by Carwin... he took out the new found striking confidence from Mir and pressed him against the cage...

A mistake in technique on the armbar indeed, not to criticize GSP (I mean he is a BJJ blackbelt and I'm merely a bluebelt) but he forgot to bring his knees together on the armbar. If you watch the numerous replays of the said armbar you can see GSP pulling on the arm but with his knees pointing outwards and not toward each other. The knees are supposed to come/point toward each other in the middle to secure the arm in place like a vise while hyperextending the elbow joint.

Now that you pointed that out, yeah I did notice that... he didn't pinch his knees together and raise his hips... his armbar was loose..

I have to watch the details on the kimura, but now that I noticed it, he should have placed the arm on his chest and torqued with his body and not just the arms

I have to watch the details on the kimura, but now that I noticed it, he should have placed the arm on his chest and torqued with his body and not just the arms

Yup that is correct. I can't remember though if he had one leg over Hardy's head during the kimura that would have helped GSP with putting his entire weight into the submission.

syanga pala, ano kaibahan ng "no contest" sa "draw"?

NC is usually due to stoppage due to accidental cuts, etfc draw is when the match was finished but the judges scores rule it a draw

can't wait for carwin vs lesnar

Me too... especially since Brock had the scared look when he saw how Carwin beat Mir

I think Paulo Thiago, Kosh and Daley are much more dangerous opponents for GSP than Hardy. But then GSP can negate their explosive punches. So we need a striker with a godly takedown defense to beat gsp.

@ Carwin

Woww ^^ didn't expect the fight would end just like that. Pure power short punches, he's a monster. I will love too see Brock eating those punches

4) The Palhares Submission (heel hook) might be looked upon a lot closer by the UFC management...

Remember what happened to former title contender Renato 'Babalu' Sobral... Did not release the submission immediately after the tap and got suspended. I didn't think there was no malicious intent on Palhares' part but still they might look at the tape and give him a warning or something.

Palhares was suspended by the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board for 90 days for not releasing the hold. IMO, the referee should be blamed for that, he just waited for the referee to stop the fight.

The Sobral incident was different because of the post-fight interview. Palhares was apologetic for his actions unlike Babalu who was proud and told that he did it intentionally.

That heel hook was nasty. Drwal was scraming in agony right from the start and even after he released the hold. Im sure the case to ban the heel hook would surface again. Some organizations have banned the heel hook as a submission.

Now we know why Hendo did not want any part of Palhares' ground game. 5 of his 11 wins via heel hook. I hope we get to see Maia against Palhares after Anderson beats Demian.

Palhares was suspended by the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board for 90 days for not releasing the hold. IMO, the referee should be blamed for that, he just waited for the referee to stop the fight.

Yes the ref should have been quicker.. A fighter's mentality is not to let go until the ref tells him to or the ref yanks him away from his opponent..

Just my 2 cents, even the Mir Carwin fight was stopped a bit late

Carwin got lucky, Brock Lesnras bad as he is.. i dont think their in the same league to begin with.. nevertheless this is gonna be a good fight.

I wouldn't say he got lucky... he executed a very smart game plan, which was to pressure Mir against the cage and make him fight in the clinch since Mir has been known to get beaten in the clinch by stronger guys...

I think Paulo Thiago, Kosh and Daley are much more dangerous opponents for GSP than Hardy. But then GSP can negate their explosive punches. So we need a striker with a godly takedown defense to beat gsp.

takedown defense you say?? how can you overlook kos?? if anything i think kos has the best chance of putting up a fight against GSP because of his wrestling credentials. he has KO power (as he has displayed in a number of fights) plus he's the closest thing to GSP in terms of pure athleticism. it's also worth noting he's the last fighter to win a round from GSP back in UFC 73.

he has improved his striking so much that he doesn't rely on his wrestling anymore. he may not be as technical as GSP but he more than makes up for it with his heavy hands. so bottom line i don't think you're giving kos enough credit. if he can get by daley (and i'm assuming he will) then imo he should be next in line for the title shot.

Carwin got lucky, Brock Lesnras bad as he is.. i dont think their in the same league to begin with.. nevertheless this is gonna be a good fight.

how can you say he got lucky?? mir was just standing there against the cage so it was only a matter of time before he got hit by a big (but short) shot.

Edited by jimmii

UFC 112: INVINCIBLE

New ten minute trailer of the next UFC ppv, UFC 112. Silva will be heading back down to Middleweight to defend his title against the dangerous bjj artist Damien Maia. Bj Penn tries to go for 3 straight as he defends his Lightweight crown against Franke Edgar, who will try to pull the big upset. If that was not enough this card also features two legends going at it as the former

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPeppJJVyg?hl=en_US&fs=1