• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Strikeforce really needs someone like Joe Silva (UFC matchmaker).. It's either that or they let their top guys call their own fight.

Overeem announces that he will fight for Strikeforce in May fighting Brett Rogers in a NON TITLE fight..

WTF!! Not defending his title in over 2 years and now deciding to fight in US and fighting a guy coming off a loss?? And Fedor is fighting on the same card.. Why not make Fedor vs Overeem for the title?

The card is looking stacked but there's just no way for him to not defend his title against Fedor. This just proves one thing, SF HW belt is a freaking joke!

Oh! and Andre Arlovski also signed with Strikeforce and will face Antonio Silva on the same card..

Edited by G_sKiLLz
Dan Hardy is like Mike Swick, a bit overrated... i bet we can all name a lot of WW fighters in the UFC more deserving to fight for the belt against GSP that is not named Dan Hardy eh? e.g Fitch, Kos, Thiago, Alves, Semtex...

GSP beat all of these guys except for Semtex and Paulo Thiago

It seems that the fight between Overeem and Rogers will be for the title.. As of now that's how it stands.. Why give a guy that got KO'd a title fight? Because the guy that KO'd him (Fedor) is in contract dispute with Strikforce and apparently asking for more money.

Sad, just sad. M-1 and Fedor is slowly but surely sinking Strikeforce.

Good thing that Gegard Mousasi will no longer be represented by those greedy bastards..

Huwaatt??? Angelo Estañol is Richard Lasprilla's opponent for his comeback fight???!!!

Well not to knock on Angelo, judging from his fight during the last PCSC where he lost via rear naked choke to former Fearless Fighting Championships Champ Rodel 'Kid' Orais the kid is quite durable on the ground but... I dunno I expected someone who was a lot 'higher in stature' in the local MMA hierarchy to be his opponent in this his comeback fight.

Oh well If it goes to the ground quickly it might be a short night for Angelo and I do see this fight going to the ground quickly since he himself is really not a standup fighter from what I've seen. It's like your strength is also my strength but I'm just better (way better in this case).

But of course this is MMA and yeah anything can happen if Richard comes into this fight with the type of conditioning he had when he competed in the last Rollapalooza, where he was just utterly dominated by blue belt Carlo Peña (Richard is a BJJ purple belt by the way) Angelo might just surprise us all. :thumbsupsmiley:

anyhow two of the fighters on the card are cross training with us for the march 27th event... one's a big foreign heavyweight who's my training and sparring partner at the moment.

the winner of mir-carwin fight gets the first crack at brock unless that person gets injured, in which case the brown pride will get the title shot. I do not think mir or carwin will get injured in their fight because the fight will probably end in the first round either via ko or submission. as to who would win, my money is on mir but of course i recognize the power of carwin. the thing in the heavyweight division is that anybody can ko anybody. with that having said, still my money is on mir.... better striking, second best jits in the heavyweight div.

as to jds, i don't want to see him fight velasquez just yet. to my mind, the ideal situation is to make velasquez fight the winner of mir/carwin-brock and give jds the next title shot.

i am excited for the machida- shogun rematch... admittedly i am a big fan of the dragon and would want to see him crush shogun next time.

too bad hendo is out of ufc. silva-hendo 2 would have been great. stylistically though, chael will give the spider a run for his money.

as regards gsp-hardy, i will be surprised if this fight become competitive.hardy will get crushed. gsp is in a different level and hardy's style of fighting is perfect for gsp. to my mind, wrestlers with superior striking or jits guys are the ones who can compete with gsp and not a mid level wrestler with above average striking ability (hardy).

Lyoto beating Shogun?

Not this time! Shogun will knock the F off lyoto, Chute box style!!!!

war shogun!!!!

But of course this is MMA and yeah anything can happen if Richard comes into this fight with the type of conditioning he had when he competed in the last Rollapalooza, where he was just utterly dominated by blue belt Carlo Peña (Richard is a BJJ purple belt by the way) Angelo might just surprise us all. :thumbsupsmiley:

chief, Carlo is a Phenom in his own right as well ^_^

bronze last year in the Mundials for the blue belt class i believe so ^_^

chief, Carlo is a Phenom in his own right as well ^_^

bronze last year in the Mundials for the blue belt class i believe so ^_^

Yup that is correct. :thumbsupsmiley: anyhow, one of our teammates is a PE professor at UP and JR Santos is one of his students. hehe. May rollapalooza ulit on March 13 and 14 daw ah... apparently Erwin Tagle's bringing home some of the guys from Purebred Guam to compete alongside the locals, should be something.

That's the thing, we don't know what will happen in the ring that night.

Sir Genetic Freak, kelan next fight?

Yup there are so many factors that come into play in an MMA fight.

I was supposed to be part of the March 27 URCC Card against someone I believe was from Strikes and Submissions kaso I dunno what happened hindi na tuloy bigla, perhaps in the next PCSC event na din ulit siguro.