• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Question. Before ka maging legit na jiu-jitsu instructor, anong belt na dapat ang hawak mo?

I'm not sure how it works within the jiu-jitsu community, but at least you have to be a blue or purple belt to be a junior instructor, or a sempai as we called them when I trained in karate.

Geeezz the daley vs. kampmann fight looked like a mma version of mayweather vs. hatton...hahahha both are muay thai's neither threw a kick....crazy. Too bad crocop lost... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think the reason why neither Kampmann or Daley threw a kick is because of the possibility of counters or a takedown, moreso for Daley since Kampmann has the significant advantage on the ground. Daley doesn't want flashbacks of Jake Shields to happen again, y'know. :D

i guess cro cop is just not the same as he was before. mma fighters have come to to take the mantle off the once feared strickers in mma.

the phenom's victory will assure him a match vs the spider. now that's one hell of match that we should'nt miss!

kudos to paul daley for his win!

tyson griffin just put an exclamation mark that he can trully finished the fight and not let the judges decide the outcome.

Oh no...

“Maybe the ones who have said that I’m done are right. Obviously, I can’t break my mental block in the Octagon. Besides, I’ve been training like a spartan for 20 years now — my body is worn out. The years caught up to me, I’ve been worn out…. [Junior dos Santos] won that fight and would have won it by decision. Simply put, he is younger, more hungry, more aggressive. He wanted to win a lot more…. The mat was slippery like glass. I almost fell down trying to do the left high kick. But I’m not looking for an alibi. This was not the performance the public would pay for. I don’t feel the hunger anymore. I started playing it safe, I’m not ready to take risks. I would like to thank everybody that supported me and stood by me and everyone who helped me to prepare for this fight. I’ve been living a military life for 20 years now. Getting up at 6 a.m. and having physically challenging task up to 8 p.m. I want a normal life. I’m entering a cage and thinking about fishing in Privlaka. You can’t win that way. Maybe I should’ve quit after I won the open weight grand prix.

- Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic

Oh no...

“Maybe the ones who have said that I’m done are right. Obviously, I can’t break my mental block in the Octagon. Besides, I’ve been training like a spartan for 20 years now — my body is worn out. The years caught up to me, I’ve been worn out…. [Junior dos Santos] won that fight and would have won it by decision. Simply put, he is younger, more hungry, more aggressive. He wanted to win a lot more…. The mat was slippery like glass. I almost fell down trying to do the left high kick. But I’m not looking for an alibi. This was not the performance the public would pay for. I don’t feel the hunger anymore. I started playing it safe, I’m not ready to take risks. I would like to thank everybody that supported me and stood by me and everyone who helped me to prepare for this fight. I’ve been living a military life for 20 years now. Getting up at 6 a.m. and having physically challenging task up to 8 p.m. I want a normal life. I’m entering a cage and thinking about fishing in Privlaka. You can’t win that way. Maybe I should’ve quit after I won the open weight grand prix.

- Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic

i am somewhat relieved that he decided to step down...sure changing his training methods could work in his favor, but over his previous fights in the ufc it has become obvious that his will to win has diminished each time. he really looks like a fighter that has NOT evolved since his pride days IMO. regardless, whether he decides to step down as fighter or not, he will always be regarded as a legend in MMA :)

Thanks Solitude00 for posting the source, I was so shocked by Mirko's statement I forgot to indicate my source. Wala lang, realistically he'll never be as dominant as he was back in his PRIDE days, pero as a fan I wanted him to be feared again.

Pareng riceboi & Boss Olympus, I just wanna ask (since my training was under an informal system unlike in most training camps), does the hierarchy system also take effect in BJJ camps? Like, a blue belt is qualified to teach but someone not a black belt but a higher rank will take over if he's present?

Pareng riceboi & Boss Olympus, I just wanna ask (since my training was under an informal system unlike in most training camps), does the hierarchy system also take effect in BJJ camps? Like, a blue belt is qualified to teach but someone not a black belt but a higher rank will take over if he's present?

Normally it applies.. however, there are times the higher belt observes and just gives insights and lets the lower ranked instructor handle the class