• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

i bet Sean's gameplan was to ride out the match with Penn via a striking match thinking that his better conditioning would be a factor when he LnP BJ on the latter rounds. probably it would've worked if he expected BJ to be that solid standing up. all i can say is, he never had a chance standing with Penn, the guy was freaking raping Sherk in that striking match. too bad he didn't realize that he was Penn's bitch if he continued to stand up with Penn.

there's one match i'd like to see, someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, Thiago Silva VS Lyoto Machida!

hehehe now that would be an awesome match.

and probably give Demian Maia a mid-carder to fight, the guy's an awesome sub fighter, i mean 2 submission of the night awards tucked under his belt? ADCC champ? the guy's good.

kimbo is a beast

Kimbo was losing that match until he landed a lucky punch.. hehe... He was pounded on the ground by that dude (I don't even know him.. hehehe...)

I don't agree with every word that Dana says, but I agree with him on Kimbo...

I'll believe the hype once he beat a legit heavyweight...

Hey Big Ben Rothwell still does not have an opponent in Banned, Affliction's PPV, put him in there anbd if he beat Big Ben then maybe, just maybe, MMA fans would start giving him respect..

Heath Herring will replace Mark Coleman in UFC 87...

Herring is a banger but I think it would be mistake to bang with Brock Lesnar... Do what Mir did, make him tap.. hehe...

In my opinion, UFC 87 will be the PPV of the year for UFC...

GSP vs. Fitch for the title...

But the fight that I'm most eager to see is Kenny Florian against Roger Huerta...

Winner will face BJ in the future, i think... hehe...

Hope 'El Matador' Huerta wins...

Heath Herring will replace Mark Coleman in UFC 87...

Herring is a banger but I think it would be mistake to bang with Brock Lesnar... Do what Mir did, make him tap.. hehe...

In my opinion, UFC 87 will be the PPV of the year for UFC...

GSP vs. Fitch for the title...

But the fight that I'm most eager to see is Kenny Florian against Roger Huerta...

Winner will face BJ in the future, i think... hehe...

Hope 'El Matador' Huerta wins...

well, he could actually prevent Brock from taking him down. Brocks ability to take shots is still in question until he fights a good striker. This will be his first test against a dangerous striker and Herring is no pushover

i don't get all this Kimbo hype, yeah he's good but he's not THAT good. and I don't think he'll ever be.

------

I'm pulling for Heath to win against Lesnar, if he can avoid the rhino like takedown of Brock and probably land some knees in there somewhere (which was his biggest weapon during his Pride days), he has a good chance. I don't know what Brock will bring though, how he's trained for this, Herring has some subs too, so Brock should have done his homework and trained his ass off on escapes and controlling from the top.

WEC results for Faber vs Pulver fights on Versus

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2393/wecresultsfi2.jpg

Urijah Faber defeats Jens Pulver via unanimous decision

Miguel Torres defeats Yoshiro Maeda via doctor stoppage (eye injury) in round four

Mark Munoz defeats Chuck Grigsby via knockout in round one

“Razor” Rob McCullough defeats Kenneth Alexander via split decision

Donald Cerrone defeats Danny Castillo via submission (armbar) in round one

Mike Brown defeats Jeff Curran via unanimous decision

Will Ribeiro defeats Chase Beebe via split decision

Tim McKenzie defeats Jeremy Lang via submission (triangle choke) in round three

Alex Serdyukov defeats Luis Sapo via technical knockout in round two (unable to answer the bell)

Jose Aldo defeats Alexandre Nogueira via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Dominick Cruz defeats Charlie Valencia via unanimous decision

Looks like CBS has decided to drop Elite XC after its disappointing debut on the network.

source?

Mixed martial arts show with Kimbo Slice scores big in Los Angeles - LA TIMES

the Elite Show scored as high as a 4.7 rating meaning that close to 9 Million people watched it, it even edged out the stanley cup final (red wings X penguins)

a 4.7 rating means that around 9 Million viewers were watching Kimbo that night.

It was a bad show, but it did very well ratings wise.