Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Fedor To Fight In December For M-1 Global

The M-1 Global group is posting news that Fedor Emelianenko will make his first fight for them sooner than expected.

M-1 Global’s first event will take place in Japan at the Saitama Super Arena on December, 31st. Fedor is reported to be in the main event of the night but they have yet to name his opponent or any other fights.

Most expected their first event to come sometime in February or March with the venue in the United States. It looks like the new fight group wants to get their marquis fighter back in the spotlight before we give up on him.

Couture, White to meet

NEWARK, N.J. - The cold war between Randy Couture and the Ultimate Fighting Championship could be ending.

UFC President Dana White said he will meet Tuesday with Couture, who announced plans to quit the promotion last month despite his standing as heavyweight champion. White said Thursday he received a text message from Couture asking that the two have dinner.

"He said, 'Can't we all just get along?' " White said while attending a news conference for Saturday night's UFC 78 pay-per-view show.

Agent Matt Walker said Couture hasn't made dinner plans with White but the two may speak this weekend. Couture is coming to UFC 78 to serve in the corner of Karo Parisyan, who will be facing former PRIDE fighter Ryo Chonan.

The split between UFC and Couture had turned as bloody as one of the promotion's fight cards. Couture's departure stemmed largely from contract issues with UFC, resulting in public bickering between the two parties.

Asked whether contact from Couture opens the door for a reconciliation, White said, "I don't know. We'll see. We'll find out what his end game is. This whole thing makes no sense to me. No sense at all."

White said Couture — one of the most popular fighters in UFC history — must decide by next week whether to accept a match against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira that could take place as early as February. Otherwise, Couture wll probably be stripped of his championship and Tim Sylvia would face Nogueira for the belt.

Another high-profile UFC fighter also may be returning, as White is expected to re-sign Rich Fraklin to a new contract. White said Franklin has indicated he doesn't plan to retire despite suffering a second consecutive lopsided loss to Anderson Silva on last month's UFC 77 pay-per-view show. Franklin's contract expired after that fight.

Couture, White to meet

NEWARK, N.J. - The cold war between Randy Couture and the Ultimate Fighting Championship could be ending.

UFC President Dana White said he will meet Tuesday with Couture, who announced plans to quit the promotion last month despite his standing as heavyweight champion. White said Thursday he received a text message from Couture asking that the two have dinner.

"He said, 'Can't we all just get along?' " White said while attending a news conference for Saturday night's UFC 78 pay-per-view show.

Agent Matt Walker said Couture hasn't made dinner plans with White but the two may speak this weekend. Couture is coming to UFC 78 to serve in the corner of Karo Parisyan, who will be facing former PRIDE fighter Ryo Chonan.

The split between UFC and Couture had turned as bloody as one of the promotion's fight cards. Couture's departure stemmed largely from contract issues with UFC, resulting in public bickering between the two parties.

Asked whether contact from Couture opens the door for a reconciliation, White said, "I don't know. We'll see. We'll find out what his end game is. This whole thing makes no sense to me. No sense at all."

White said Couture — one of the most popular fighters in UFC history — must decide by next week whether to accept a match against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira that could take place as early as February. Otherwise, Couture wll probably be stripped of his championship and Tim Sylvia would face Nogueira for the belt.

Another high-profile UFC fighter also may be returning, as White is expected to re-sign Rich Fraklin to a new contract. White said Franklin has indicated he doesn't plan to retire despite suffering a second consecutive lopsided loss to Anderson Silva on last month's UFC 77 pay-per-view show. Franklin's contract expired after that fight.

sana naman para matuloy na 1 sa mga dream match ko. ayoko maging champion ulit si sylvia. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Lau Family Hung Boxing association

has moved places,we train now in the kong han athletic club on tuesdays,wednesdays and saturdays from 6 pm to 9pm.

More infos on> www.martial-club.com , www.friendster.com/hungkuenph and lots of videos on www.youtube.com/FrankyLau

a nice weekend to everyone

yeah saw that one, but I haven't seen Machida fight.

Soko's supposed to be stronger now that he's training with Hendo and the TQ boys, so it's gonna be a good fight for sure.

Machida only fought twice in the UFC, so far. He is a very elusive, technical fighter. He is the only one I know in MMA who plays a very intelligent, boring fight (majority of his wins are by way of decision... which is not so popular with the UFC viewing public). He is not afraid to slug it out but he is so elusive his opponent rarely get the chance to land a punch or a kick, much more a takedown. That is why I will handily pick him over that assassin from Africa by decision. But who knows, MMA math doesnt always count...

si Houston Alexander lang papanoorin ko sa 79, hindi ko gusto yung lineup ngayong sunday

Ako rin pero I would also like to see the main event, after all, Alexander's fight could be the last undercard. Tatapusin ko na lang yung palabas, that's just 15 minutes...

rich fraanklin rules mga dude!

Yeah dude! he ruled until The Spider came and scare the hell out of him. What I see in Franklin is a little boy that is shivering to the bones the moment he saw a big leggy spider in the bathroom door...

Up to now, Im still wondering what the hell happened to him in his rematch with Silva, The Spider made him looked like he did not train for that fight...

sino pa kulang sa UFC?!?!

FEDOR na lang!!!

naduduwag na ata tong si Fedor, kahit na publicly challenged by Couture, sa iba pa din nag-sign.

for me,hate to say it.. but, FEDOR IS OVER-RATED!

Marami pang wala sa UFC, but most of the big names in MMA are already there (or have been there once in their career)... Yeah Fedor is overrated, but he is WORTH ALL THE HYPE (remember, the only stain in his record is due to a technicality).

Edited by hardtohandle
UFC 78: Validation was boring

Rashad Evans won via split-decision

Houston Alexander got TKO'ed in the 1st round (no ground skills whatsoever)

^ UFC 78 wasn't the best (the prelims apparently were better than the main card, more stoppages & subs), but it did show a couple of things.. first, it showed how Rashad Evans should fight, but he has to work on his cardio.. he won, but he was gassed.. it also showed that Houston Alexander should devote time to develop his ground game.. he's what i'd like to call a project, still raw but with a ton of potential..

on to UFC 79!

btw, anybody watching URCC 11?

quickie recap!

Prelim Fights:

-Akihiro Gono def. Tamdan McCrory via Submission (armbar) at 3:19 of Round 2.

-Marcus Aurelio def. Luke Caudillo via TKO (strikes) at 4:29 of Round 1.

-Joe Lauzon def. Jason Reinhardt via Submission (rear naked choke) at 1:14 of Round 1.

-Thiago Alves def. Chris Lytle via TKO (cut stoppage) after 2 Rounds.

PPV Fights:

-Frank Edgar def. Spencer Fisher via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26) after 3 Rounds.

-Ed Herman def. Joe Doerksen via KO (punch) at 0:39 of Round 3.

-Karo Parisyan def. Ryo Chonan via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) after 3 Rounds.

-Thiago Silva def. Houston Alexander via TKO (strikes) at 3:25 of Round 1.

-Rashad Evans def. Michael Bisping via Split Decision (29-28 Evans, 29-28 Bisping, 29-28 Evans) after 3 Rounds.

Hendo/Silva was confirmed by Dana at the UFC 78 post fight presser. Joe Silva really doesn't want Anderson to take a break LOL!

Houston Alexander looked like he was fighting in UFC 1, no ground game at all. But that left handed choke slam (yes the same move that Undertaker does, chokes the guy with one hand, picks him up and slams him) by Alexander was sweet IMO.

Karo was exceptionally boring this time around. I think Goldie should change his nickname to Karo "The Slow Simmer" Parisyan.

Bisping/Evans was meh.

Joe Lauzon was great as expected, very slick submission and was very confident, of course it helped that Reinhardt seemed intimidated, and was about 3 inches shorter.

Frankie Edgar looked promising