Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Forrest Griffin And Renzo Gracie To Appear On Law And Order TV Show - Video

In an upcoming episode of the TV show Law And Order Forrest Griffin and Renzo Gracie will fight it out. Forrest actualy has a good sized part and plays a suspected killer. The Law And Order episode is set to air November 20th.

In an upcoming episode of the TV show Law And Order Forrest Griffin and Renzo Gracie will fight it out. Forrest actualy has a good sized part and plays a suspected killer. The Law And Order episode is set to air November 20th.

UFC MMA Action Figures To Be Sold At Spencers

http://imbakan.com/images/75117mma-figures.jpg

The company Round 5 out of Canada is expecting to ship their new MMA action figures before Christmas.The first series to be released will include Randy “The Natural” Couture, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, Matt Hughes and “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Tito Ortiz.Round 5 states that each fighter had direct input in the design and development of their own collectible figure including the look, feel and pose.

They will be sold at Spencers Gifts in the U.S. and also at Toys”R” Us in Canada.

Edited by berserker15
Riddick Bowe Talks About Becoming A MMA Fighter - Video

Ex-Heavyweight boxing champion Riddick Bowe talks about becoming a MMA fighter during the video interview.

Bowe hinted that he plans on training with Bas Rutten and wants to fight as soon as this December. If Bowe really commits to this he could easily become the best boxer to transfer over to MMA fighting. He looks to be in the best shape he’s been in since he got kicked out of the Marine Corps.

Video

i also wonder why! he was tested negative for any injuries after the fight with tim sylvia

He injured the right arm dun sa laban nya kay Tim diba? Yun nga lang di nya alam kung paano na-injured, heheheh. I think it was late in the second round kaya nung 3rd round elbow na yung ginagamit nya... Well, if it was fractured, it would take at least 8 to 10 weeks to heal...

He injured the right arm dun sa laban nya kay Tim diba? Yun nga lang di nya alam kung paano na-injured, heheheh. I think it was late in the second round kaya nung 3rd round elbow na yung ginagamit nya... Well, if it was fractured, it would take at least 8 to 10 weeks to heal...

he DID daw. but as I was saying, the results says otherwise. negative for any injuries

anyway, what can you say about kimbo? the streetfighter turned mixed martial artist

has beaten rey mercer and bo cantrell. hahah

he DID daw. but as I was saying, the results says otherwise. negative for any injuries

anyway, what can you say about kimbo? the streetfighter turned mixed martial artist

has beaten rey mercer and bo cantrell. hahah

kimbo slice is a good boxer, saw his match with an MMA fighter talo siya kitang kita kahit na sabi ng mga miron nya na ti-nake down siya na wala sa usapan nila para sa laban na yun. maganda head movement nya & agility for a big man (i mean BIG MAN). grabe laki nito! kaso medjo mahihirapan to siguro kapag napalaban sa mga tulad ni naopao tamang heavyweight kasi siya eh, kya sa tingin ko mahihirapan si kimbo slice sa mga full contact fighter na gumagamit ng paa. ^_^

kaso watch his video kimbo vs bouncer, naknampootah kasmot si bouncer, ginalit pa si kimbo. ^_^

UFC hotshot Brandon Vera weighs options on whether to take acting seriously

When Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) star Brandon "The Truth" Vera arrived here in the country during the first week of November, he was totally unaware that he'd do more than just train Richard Gutierrez for his fight scenes in the new GMA-7 fantaserye Kamandag.

"Sabi nila gusto nila magturo ako for the fight scenes," the hulking mixed martial arts fighter said when PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) visited the set of Kamandag last November 7 in Morong, Rizal.

As it turned out, the program's production staff changed its mind and decidedto give Brandon additional work.

"Well, that's what I knew," he grinned. "'Pagdating ko dito, that's when they told me that I'll be playing the assassin and try to burn down the church and k*ll some governor," laughed Brandon before adding, "Biro lang. But I learned that I'll be the bad guy, I guess two days ago."

Brandon is not complaining though. In fact, the Filipino-Italian-American warrior is very excited over his acting debut and says the experience is a welcome break from the rough and tough dealings of his sport.

"To be given an opportunity. I'm having a good time. It's been good times," he affirmed, while relaxing on a couch in the makeshift trailer, which serves as a refuge for the lead stars while waiting for their cue.

BEEFING UP RICHARD. While acting is something Brandon has yet to get used to, teaching and training students, on the other hand, feels like second nature to him.

"Oo naman, I'm comfortable being an instructor, plus si Richard, he's an excellent student. Basta sabihin ko [ng] tatlong beses, alam na niyang gawin. So, sandali [sic] lang na trabaho sa ‘kin yon, e. Ganoon [ang] trabaho ko everyday, training, three times a day. Sandali lang," shared Brandon.

Brandon has nothing but good words for his student Richard Gutierrez. "Richard has the same values that I do. We talk about our parents, our work and the business. We see eye to eye on almost everything."

There's no difference between how he gives training for Richard and for his other students who are not actors. The only difference, according to Brandon, is that he has to teach and remind Richard to control himself in delivering fatal blows.

"We go through it almost the same," revealed Brandon. "But instead of him finishing the move and actually breaking somebody's arm or making someone unconscious, tigil na before anything bad happens. But everything else is the same, the technique is the same, the training is the same, lahat."

Brandon, dubbed as "The Truth" in UFC, is amused by Richard's dedication and focus in their training. Struggling to find the right Filipino term, Brandon paused and then blurted out, "Madali siyang turuan."

VERY MUCH PINOY. Despite the fact that he grew up in the United States, Brandon's ease when it comes to the Filipino language is simply admirable.

"Tagalog pa rin kasi first language ko," he proudly stated. "Nung lumalaki ako, lola ko nagbabantay sa lahat ng mga bata so we all grew up speaking in Tagalog only. Hindi ako natuto mag-Ingles until pumasok ako ng public school, sa kindergarten, and Tagalog naman lagi ang salita namin sa bahay so nagagamit ko pa rin."

As for an acting career, Brandon is still weighing all his options since he's raring to slug it out again in the ring once his arm injury heals.

Brandon beamed, "Depende. Tanong mo si boss [pointing at GMA Program Manager, Redgie Acuña-Magno]. Hindi ko alam. I'm having a good time. Iba itong industry na ‘to sa industry ko and it's fun. Everyone's very polite and they're so nice. So, it's gonna be interesting. Let's see."

Source: UFC hotshot Brandon Vera weighs options on whether to take acting seriously

http://mmarulez.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/sokoudjoupj1.jpg

UFC Inks Sokoudjou; “The African Assassin” to Debut vs Machida at UFC 79

By Thomas Gerbasi

from ufc.com

2007 has seen the UFC’s light heavyweight division became the most talent-rich weight class in the world. At UFC 79, which will take place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on December 29th, fight fans will get a glimpse of the newest addition to the 205-pound ranks as “The African Assassin”, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, makes his UFC debut against unbeaten sharpshooter Lyoto Machida.

“Sokoudjou is an explosive athlete with heavy hands and great judo who is coming off huge back-to-back knockout wins over two top ten guys in Ricardo Arona and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira,” said UFC President Dana White. “Bringing him in just makes the stacked 205-pound division even stronger, and there are endless great matchups for him here in the UFC.”

A highly regarded judoka who won the 2001 US Open, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (4-1) moved to the United States from his native Cameroon in 2001, and by 2004, he had turned his attention to mixed martial arts. He made his MMA debut in 2006, and by 2007 he was brought in to fight in the PRIDE organization. It was there that Sokoudjou truly made his mark as he knocked out world-class light heavyweights Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Ricardo Arona in consecutive bouts, with neither fight making it out of the second minute. A member of the renowned Team Quest in California, the 23-year old Sokoudjou comes to the Octagon with great potential and even greater expectations.

Unbeaten in 11 pro fights, Brazil’s Lyoto Machida is one of the most accurate and technical strikers in the game today. Owner of wins over BJ Penn, Rich Franklin, and Stephan Bonnar, Machida entered the UFC Octagon for the first time in February of 2007 and he has since scored wins over Sam Hoger and David Heath. In September, Machida fought the most impressive fight of his UFC career when he soundly outpointed PRIDE vet Kazuhiro Nakamura. On December 29th, he will be pushed to the limit by the hard-hitting Sokoudjou.

“I’m looking very forward to this fight,” said Machida. “I know Sokoudjou doesn’t have a lot of fights, but the fights he’s had are big, and he has beaten some very big names in this sport. I think this is going to be a great fight, and I am looking forward to winning this fight, and to moving on and fighting for the UFC title.”

“Machida needs to fight a guy who will come right after him, keep the pressure on him, and set the pace, instead of Machida setting the pace,” said White. “Sokoudjou’s that type of guy.”

Tickets for UFC 79 - which features the UFC Welterweight Championship bout between Matt Serra and Matt Hughes, and the long-awaited Superfight between Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva – are on sale now.

http://mmarulez.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/sokoudjoupj1.jpg

UFC Inks Sokoudjou; “The African Assassin” to Debut vs Machida at UFC 79

Machida will definitely take this one in the bag...

And if Houston Alexander will win like he used to do, I would love to see Machida-Alexander next!!! That would be a great matchup of two contrasting styles! Parang Marquez-Pacquiao yang dalawa. :thumbsupsmiley: