Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Probably. That is if Vitor can fight in the US.

There is a reason why Vitor's fight are mostly held in Brazil.

it will most likely be in Vegas, either in May or June 2014

he'll probably get an exemption for his TRT use from the NSAC, if Sonnen can get one, I don't see why Vitor won't be able to acquire a TUE also

it will most likely be in Vegas, either in May or June 2014

he'll probably get an exemption for his TRT use from the NSAC, if Sonnen can get one, I don't see why Vitor won't be able to acquire a TUE also

Keith Kizer of Nevada State Athletic Commission said he will be willing to grant exemptions to fighters which have not positively tested previously with steroids and/or PEDs. Vitor tested positive for 4 types of anabolic steroids back in 2006 which will present difficulties to him getting a license. If ever he does he will be closely monitored in my opinion.

Vitor's TRT level have been known to be INSANELY high. If he has a disease like he says then 2:1 level high enough. But he is known to reach levels of 6:1. Why would you need to have 6 times the level of a normal testosterone level unless you plan to use it as an advantage?

well 6:1 is the limit in Nevada, so the NSAC clearly doesn't see a 6:1 ratio as an advantage.

his previous use will give him problems for sure, but the UFC needs this fight to happen in Las Vegas. With GSP and Silva out, the UFC has lost a lot of star power. Chris Weidman versus somebody that a lot of people won't recognize simply won't cut it. They will lose a lot of money if they do the fight somewhere else.

well 6:1 is the limit in Nevada, so the NSAC clearly doesn't see a 6:1 ratio as an advantage.

his previous use will give him problems for sure, but the UFC needs this fight to happen in Las Vegas. With GSP and Silva out, the UFC has lost a lot of star power. Chris Weidman versus somebody that a lot of people won't recognize simply won't cut it. They will lose a lot of money if they do the fight somewhere else.

Agreed. With their current champs, Bones and Cain are the only big draws, but they are nowhere near what Anderson and Georges can pull.

Btw, Cruz vacates BW title, this makes Barao the undisputed champ and will now face Faber on UFC 169 for the title.

I love the fact how Nate Diaz proclaims that he and Gilbert Melendez are the best two LW in the world yet both of them are opting out of a fight with Nurmagomedov.

Nate tweeted that he did not turn down a fight with Nurmagomedov yet he did not say to make the fight happen which is unlike Diaz brothers attitude. Maybe he does not want to get ragdolled again like what Rory did to him.

lol @ khabib

20 wins against who? The only person notable on that list is Gleison Tibau, and that was via decision. seriously don't get the hype for Kahbib.

Nate turned down the fight because of the money, he was getting a huge paycut, and not because it's Kahbib. hence the tweet from Diaz "F U pay me!"

Kahbib is nowhere in the league of Gilbert and Nate. that's why those two won't fight him.

Melendez has wins over Diego Sanchez, Masvidal, Josh Thomson (twice), Kawajiri, Clay Guida.

Nate has wins over, Cowboy Cerrone, Gray Maynard, Takanori Gomi, Marcus Davis, Rory Markham

These two faced a who's who of the UFC 155 division.

^ In my opinion Tavares and Healy are more credible opponent than an oversized LW like Tibau.

Also, Nate's manager said they negotiated to have Nate's contract redone. I think it's not a paycut but a pay raise that Nate want. Being 1-2 in your last 3 fights does not give him that right. Anyway, I am hoping that Nate just shut up and accept the fight and prove every doubter wrong.

Talking about Tibau, whatever happened to his ATT teammate Thiago Alves?

Alves would need a "light" fight. A long lay-off would not be good if he will be thrown to the wolves at 170.

Impressive kicks by Rockhold. I wonder how would he match up against Cung Le.

Cole Miller calling out Cowboy after winning is entertaining and funny at the same time, Miller obviously picking a fight. But I would rather see him match against Conor McGregor. War of words for sure.

http://www.tatame.com.br/one-fc-anuncia-novidades-e-sonha-com-revanche-entre-renzo-e-sakuraba/

-----

Through Google Translate:

"One FC announces new features and dream with rematch between Sakuraba and Renzo"

* Already established as a market leader in Asia and with a proven track record of performing shows in major arenas and stadiums - has been quickly exhausted Tickets - One FC announced the big news for this year . The calendar will include twice as many events held last season. Are also already confirmed new locations such as China , India , Hong Kong , Japan , South Korea, Myanmar , Cambodia and Taiwan , and the return to Singapore , Philippines , Malaysia and Indonesia.

Deals in India and China will become possible thanks to new sponsors like Kawasaki , who joins Sony , Tune Talk, Energizer and the select group of investors , who are fiercely disputed by the Asian MMA franchises , including SFL , RUFF and Legend FC . Although the latter three organizations struggling lately against more financial problems and legal issues .

The One FC , who was born in Singapore , also celebrates the ten-year contract to broadcast their events by giant FOX Sports Star . The channel broadcasts shows how the English championship and the Olympics .

Another point in favor of One FC is that the Asian market is different from the U.S. , and so the organization can work in partnership with other events like the Road FC and URCC .

To gain even more notoriety in the world , the franchise awaits an outcome between Renzo Gracie and the UFC to tell with Gracie in his squad . If the UFC can not schedule a fight for Gracie in those first months , the One FC hopes to hire the son of Robson Gracie . And, dude , the first appointment would be against Kazushi Sakuraba Japanese legend .

The " Gracie Hunter " has already stated that he would return to his retirement in MMA for a new fight against Renzo . Sakuraba , who finished with a Kimura Gracie at Pride, remained active in the ring of New Japan Pro Wrestling .

All this movement is beginning to bother the UFC , that promises to intensify its activities in the continent . Good for MMA fan and even better for the athletes , who now have more job options .

excuse the translation but I can't read Portugese and this is the best I can do lol

----

ONE FC is really positioning themselves to become the #2 promotion in the world, and if they book this event I think this will be the one to really put them over. They've already signed Bellator middleweight champ Ben Askren, and if they can move a lot of talent from Bellator and WSOF, and get a broadcast deal in the states or Europe, I think they can be a really strong competitor to the UFC. They've already positioned themselves as the successor to Pride, signing Matt Hume, referee Yuji Shiimada, and Crazy Pride Lady Lenne Hardt (god I love that woman), and integrating pride rules such as soccer kicks and kicks to a downed opponent. What they need now is top tier talent, they have to work fast though since the UFC has already made inroads in Asia, with UFC Fight Night a few weeks ago in SG.

Apparently all the Sonnen vs. Silva jawing is not just play for the cameras. The two of them have been coaching in Brazil for season 3 of the Ultimate Fighter's South American sister and today news broke that Wanderlei Silva took a swing at Chael Sonnen. Apparently Sonnen got out of the way and took Silva down into mount at which point one of Wanderlei's trainers clocked Sonnen in the back of the head. Sonnen is said to have been alrigth following the blow, but in pain nonetheless. Bloody Elbow was able to confirm the story with one of Sonnen's coaches, after Dana White let the details slip at his press luncheon on Monday.

At least we now know that their beef is not just for show.

Edited by G_sKiLLz

it was nice to see Overeem with better cardio and making better decisions, but man Frank Mir should just stop. He can't keep taking beatings like that.

Barao is a beast, the stoppage was sketchy, but I don't think it would have ended any other way. Barao is just too much. Urijah had absolutely nothing for Renan, it could have been a worse beating if Herb Dean let it continue.

Aldo should really move up to 155.