Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I thought this was a championship match between '45's; I didn't know we were pulling out karma cards with fighters "having their coming day."

Two minutes into the fight, Aldo fractured his foot after hitting a knee. That's the first round, that's four rounds before KZ separated his shoulder, about 20 minutes. Did Jung plead for a timeout to have Dean check Aldo's foot? I didn't know that they were just sparring and it was just practice. Wow.

Given the magnitude of the situation, given how much of a threat KZ still was and that they had more than a full round to go where anything can happen, given that KZ is a bonafide G for not wanting to quit and trying to reattach his limb to resume, would I want to prompt the ref to stop the fight or would I want to finish it myself?

What does Aldo and his fight pedigree have anything to do with Silva and their days coming? smdh

Would you fight a man with who looks perfectly healthy but with an injury that you cannot see? Absolutely. Would you fight or even hit a man with his whole arm separated from his body? I think I won't.

No one here is pulling out karma card as you insinuated that I am doing. My point is that there are far more better competition for him at 45 or 55 if he decides to move up. As I posted when the fight was announced that I would much rather see Lamas than KZ coz I think he is a better opponent stylistically.

What does Aldo and Anderson have in common? Absolutely nothing. I am a fan of both before Aldo kicked and punched an armless man and celebrated like he KO'd Mendes and I am even an Anderson Silva fanboy before he clowned Maia at UFC112 but did not even finish him.

But this a forum and everybody has their own opinions on things. Opinions are like fingerprints, everybody has one and each one differ from one another.

• Downvote 1

Thoughts on Bellator's entry into the pay-per-view market with Rampage Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz?

Two MMA megastars coming off losses? I thought Rebney said they do not promote these kind of fights? Irrelevant to MMA these days but I would still watch it though.

The fight on that card that I am most eager to see is rematch between champ Michael Chandler and Eddie Alvarez. Just wondering though, if Eddie wins will he be tied up with Bellator for another year with their champ clause? I'd love to see him move to UFC and fight LW there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so now it's The Filipino Wrecking Machine vs. The Dragon!

it will be a good fight

but a bad matchup for Munoz. Machida is notoriously hard to take down, and is very elusive.

surprised Lyoto and Mark agreed to this since they train together a lot of the time. Munoz trains a lot of the blackhouse guys with their wrestling, and they both train at Gracie Torrance with Rener and Ryron.

good luck mark!