Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

uhm no, silva isn't a natural 205er, Anderson started his career fighting at 170 and in pride he fought at 185. Cutting down to 170 won't be a problem for Anderson.

Now assuming they do a catchweight fight at 185-190, Anderson can definitely make that weight, GSP can too, but the big difference is on the day of the fight, Anderson will be walking around at his normal 210-215, while GSP will top out at around 200-205. that's a huge advantage for Anderson. Now skills wise, Anderson won't have a problem with GSP, I just don't see it happening. Anderson can stop the take down, and has really slick MMA oriented BJJ to handle GSP on the ground, IF GSP manages to get the take down. GSP while being a superb wrestler, will have lots of problems with Anderson's timing and his excellent stand up. Reach will play in Andy's favor plus the fact that GSP doesn't like to get hit.

Anderson takes this round 2 via TKO.

Anderson vs. JBJ will be interesting to watch though. JBJ has a complete MMA game, great striking, excellent wrestling, plus the physique to boot, but his style plays right into Anderson's style. JBJ walks straight up, and I haven't really seen him control the stand up while countering, which could indicate that he might have a problem with counterpunching, hence his aggressive always moving forward fighting style. Anderson can definitely take advantage of this, this is a guy who makes fools out of great strikers, should JBJ get Anderson on the ground (which I think he will) Anderson might have the BJJ skill to catch JBJ with a sub. JBJ can be hit with a sub from a very determined fighter with above average BJJ skills, Vitor almost caught him with an armbar if you guys remember. I think jiu jitsu is JBJs weakness.

What I really want to see is JBJ up against heavyweights like Cain, JDS, Bigfoot, Overeem, etc. He's just too big and too strong to still be fighting 205, which is the main reason why he's lording over that division now. He has to move up to prove if he really is worthy of the title Greatest of All Time. Let's see how he does with someone who has the power to really hurt him, Overeem, Cain, JDS and Bigfoot all have this. While Werdum and even Frank Mir have the submission skills (from really powerful guys) to catch him in a sub.

and yes I would really want to see JBJ vs. Mark Hunt too. Hunt would probably lose a decision, but he will make JBJ fight for it.

Guest BurNick Fury

I'm not really the type who'd give compliments nonsensical posters but nice analysis, SaintPeter5858. I'm giving you credit where credit is due. I hope you do more of these types of analysis on the other sports threads. I wouldn't mind if you use your smorgasbord of alter nicks as long as the posts are sensible.

Ito na kaya ang umpisa ng pagkakaibigan ni nick fury at saintpeter5858? yehey!

Guest BurNick Fury

iyon naman pala. magfrendship naman pala talaga si tito nick fury at saintpeter5858

katulad ng opinion mo, kay spider din ako kung sakaling maglaban sila ni gsp

Josh Barnett vs. Frank Mir added to UFC 164 in Milwaukee

Former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett's first octagon appearance in more than 11 years will take place at UFC 164, where he meets Frank Mir (16-7 MMA, 14-7 UFC).

Date: August 31, 2013

Venue: Bradley Center

Broadcast: Pay-per-view, FX, Facebook

Edited by CorpseGrinder
  • 2 weeks later...

Hahahaha.. Jon Fitch falling asleep against Burkman. in seconds..

The beautiful thing about it is the Josh felt Fitch was out flipped him around and stood over him while sleeping..

After talking s@%t about Dana and the UFC now where do you go? Bellator would not take you now..

Hahahahaha.. I'm not a Fitch hater but make sure to walk the walk when you talk.

You only made Dana looked Genius for letting you go..