Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Dream and One FC annonces partnership..

Good News and Bad News in my opinion..

Good News - We get to see some of our fellow countrymen fight some high level fighters, we can finally see where their fighting skills really are..

Bad News - Goes to show that Dream is really on their lifeline.. With reports of fighter not getting paid and now this partnership, its obvious that this is their way of saving Dream..

Either way man, good call by Dana White to give all 4 fight of the night bonuses. Also one of the people hoping for a rematch between these two (thought it could have been a draw).

Weidman, McDonald, Bader and Castillo with really good performances.

WTF moment for me was Filthy Tom walking out to Olivia Newton-John. Was laughing my head off at the time.

I thought that a draw was also possible. But then again, Hendo just looked AWSUM! I'm a Shogun fan; So it hurts to see my favorite fighter get beat like that. But what the heck, he fought all 5 rounds. Shoguuuuuuuun!

I hope Mayhem miller submits that cocky brit Bisping!!!

Haven't had the chance to do any sort of pre-fight research on this one, but yeah, I do hope Mayhem gets Bisping too. Just that his time away from the cage may hurt his chances here.

Edit: Kind of a similar situation to what was commented on the post above. Shogun had been away too long and Hendo came of pretty darned dominating performances.

Picking El Cucuy in the other fight though.

Edited by joseph1

Yeah. Kudos to Bisping for the post fight humility in spite of all the bad blood on the show.

Way more impressed by what the newer fighters showed though. So much talent and experience from the cast and haven't watched a single episode in this series. No spoilers though, those who hadn't watched can check all the results on the UFC page in any case.

Now on to 140:

Picking Bones in the main.

Great fights on the card too, but not making any bets or picks on the rest. Fights are just that good IMHO.

It was the other way around. Bisping destroyed Mayhem. I was expecting Bisping to rub the win to Mayhem's face but he took it well. Cardio played a big factor so as striking technique.

i was hoping that mayhem beats bisping. but yeah twas the other way around. good fight though. i think bisping should be ranked high enough for a title shot.

^

Yeah! ('nuff said)

On the Hendo/Chael commentary - gee, either one would be a better match against Anderson at this point than Muñoz or Bisping. Not that I'm against a Pinoy going up against Silva, rather quite the opposite. Am thinking that Muñoz has some holes in his game that need to be fixed before he'd really give Silva a run for his money. Great marketing though, hope the fight happens soon, otherwise the UFC may pull a "GSP" on Anderson.

On GSP having to vacate the title due to injuries - this could actually be the best thing that could happen to him. CG already made the comment that his last fights were boring (and "lower ranked" welterweights KO'ed both Dan Hardy and Jake Shields to boot), so losing the title at a point where the divisions are probably at their peak talents gives him something to prove. Of course this means that GSP pretty much gets a free match against whoever ends up being the interim champ, but it's still a guarantee that the fans win in spite of the fact that all these injuries happen.