Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

As it stands the UFC 139 is shaping to have a good stacked card...

Main Event would probably be the fight of Shogun vs Hendo...

Light Heavyweight bout: Maurício Rua vs. Dan Henderson

Middleweight bout: Wanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le

Bantamweight bout: Brian Bowles vs. Urijah Faber

Middleweight bout: Chris Weidman vs. Tom Lawlor

Lightweight bout: Gleison Tibau vs. Rafael Dos Anjos

Light Heavyweight bout: Jason Brilz vs. Ryan Bader

Light Heavyweight bout: Kyle Kingsbury vs. Stephan Bonnar

Welterweight bout: Martin Kampmann vs. Rick Story

Edited by aj2141987

Random thoughts...

UFC 139 -

Didn't really like the Belfort vs. Cung Le thing. No disrespect to Cung Le, but Chael and Vitor sounds like a more interesting fight especially after both their losses to Anderson Silva. On a separate note, trash talk has started between those two so hope the fight happens soon.

Shogun vs. Hendo sounds much more marketable now. Some of the former Pride fighters haven't seen the same success in the UFC so this would be interesting in its own right.

UFC 135 -

Dammit, didn't get to watch the Facebook prelims. Wonder what happened to Yagin...

Wow the Bonnar tweet against Kos hypes the co-main even more.

Still picking Jones in the main.

UFC 135 QUICK RESULTS:

via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) Round 4

defeats Matt Hughes via TKO (Strikes) Round 1

via Unanimous Decision

via Submission (Armbar) Round 1

defeats Rob Broughton via Unanimous Decision

via TKO (Doctors Stoppage: Broken Jaw) Round 1

via Unanimous Decision

via unanimous decision

via TKO (punches) of 4:30 of round two

def. Ricardo Romero via KO (punches) 0:47 of round one

maraming pahihirapan tong si jon jones,with his skills and reach advantage, could he be the anderson silva of light heavyweight! na intrigue ako sa laban nila ni evans! at kahit kay machida, but i think bones can beat them both

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1964325/joneskicksrampage640_large.jpg

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1963745/Jones-rashad_staredown_large.jpg

yeah, he is the next anderson silva. i don't think evans will beat him. damn, let's bring jones vs silva now!!!

Edited by CorpseGrinder

Jones dominates Jackson at UFC 135

DENVER – Not even his best training camp in years could help Quinton “Rampage” Jackson lift the UFC light heavyweight title from Jon “Bones” Jones.

Jones neutralized Jackson’s offense, softened him with kicks and then finished him at 1:14 of the fourth round with a rear-naked choke in the main event of UFC 135 at the Pepsi Center. Jones opened a cut over Jackson’s right eye in the third round with an elbow, then quickly finished him with the choke in the fourth.

Jackson, a former champion, had spent more than two months training in Denver, working harder than he had in a long time, by his own admission. But he still had no answer for Jones’ length and varied attack.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AkpJw6B.aeSE10n4F2ai3Vw9Eo14?slug=ki-iole_ufc_jones_rampage092411

Just a couple of thoughts..

Matt Hughes should retire from fighting.

He showed flashes of brilliance on his fight but lets face it, he will be a gatekeeper at WW at the very least.

Kos should move to MW.

I know he just scored a big win at WW, but unless GSP loses the title, do we really want to see GSP vs Kos 3?

Jon Jones is a beast.

On the toughest weight class in MMA, Bones is proving he is one of the great. Hope that Hendo wins against Shogun so we can see him fight Bones after he kicks Rashad's ass.

Ecstatic that Joe Warren got KTFO!

Finally someone put a beating on this dude and placed him on his rightful place, on the canvass KO'd.

Edited by G_sKiLLz

"No, I have nothing to say. He ruined my special night twice in a row now."

Bones just got real.

I like that quote so much that he said also, "i'll do my talking in the cage..."

left Evans speechless and saying the same thing hahahaha...

Hope he gets his ass kick, no better yet, want him to see get hurt like what

GSP did to Koscheck... He didn't finish Koscheck but he damn sure put a lot of hurt

to that orbital bone of his hahaha...

Cole Escovedo def. Takeya Mizugaki via TKO (punches) of 4:30 of round two <--- ser baliktad ka ata ang nanalo si Mizugaki by TKO

bossing semiRICHLonelyguy tanong mo sa mga kaklase mo sa BJJ kung may number sila ni Aaron ng Fatal Fightwear, local na gi siya matibay din naman... kung hindi ako nagkakamali sa New Breed Ortigas pa din nagtra-train si Aaron. damage mo sa gi ser mga 3k to 3.5 depende sa kulay tsaka sa weave. swabe na single weave ser kung baguhan ka pa naman eh, swak lang na mapunit ito pagtapos ng isang taon.

And even Lightweight division is getting stacked...

Joining Clay Guida, Ben Henderson and Melvin Guillard

News around UFC is that they are also trying to reach an

agreement with current Number 1 Lightweight in the world and

strikeforce Lightweight Champion Gilbert Melendez...

If this push thru and I know for a fact it will, then

all strikeforce champions except for the womens champion

have moved to the UFC

Lightweight Gilbert Melendez

Welterweight Nick Diaz

Middleweight Jake Shields

Light Heavyweight Dan "Hendo" Henderson

Heavyweight Alistair Overeem