Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Key word of the night - Wrestling!

Phil Davis won using wrestling as well..

Just a thought, lets see the current UFC champs:

HW: Cain Velasquez

LHW: Jon Jones

MW: Anderson Silva

WW: GSP

LW: Frankie Edgar

FW: Jose Aldo

BW: Dominick Cruz

From those bunch only Anderson Silva and Jose Aldo does not use wrestling. Of course Anderson would have lost if he had not caught Chael.

Aldo, on the other hand has (in my opinion) Chad Mendes as a serious contender which is also a wrestler.

My point? May mga Pinoy MMA practioners ba na may wrestling background? :lol:

Team SPRAWL team ni sir geneticfreak tsaka si coach Oly din ata dun

team SPRAWL is a wrestling-based mma team.

sir sa SPRAWL din si Duke diba?

akala ko pa naman mag papatuloy tuloy siya with mma, ang galing din ng story nya sa real pinoy fighter ah, natanggal na tapos naging grand winner because he was a wildcard

ang galing!

si geneticfreak kelan ba lalaban coach Oly?

lumaban sha nung dec 09 sa combat sambo. I was one of his training partners and helped him with his conditioning

PASALI MGA BRO

hope this year Shogun will get more fights to get back in the mix, It wus obvious he wasn't the same Shogun that we all used to watch in pride, not in shape?!? well a bit, after those devastating shots Jones fired he was gassing out of breathe quicker, hopefully no more injuries for this guy and again hope he can get a fight asap and i wish next year they can do a rematch with him and Bones.A rematch with either Rampage or Forrest will be something to look out for, Phil Davis in my personal opinion belongs to the Top 10 205s is a good match up also(yeah another wrestler).

Jones vs Evans, hands down Bones in 3rd or 4th round but they trained together and if Evans can utilize a good game plan(which I doubt) Jones will have a problem but with GJ on bones side I'm sure that he will rape Evans.

Welterweights - Penn should fight Condit good thing Fitch got injured wheeww, a good match up for JF lessee uhmm yeah right give him the loser of GSP vs Shields fight. Dan Hardy well too bad for this guy but he really needs to learn wrestling/defense or else we'll see him in Strikeforce or SharkFights Give him Martin Kampman! and lastly Diego Sanchez well in opinion he lost his last fight with Kampman, Dream is a exciting fighter but not a good "fight finisher" maybe Thiago Alves is a good test to his after Thiago devastates Story.

Aldo vs Hominick- Aldo will win this in the 1st round via helicopter kick hehehe, a win or two for KenFlo will put him in the spot to challenge Aldo.

and I was wondering why Anderson Silva is refusing to fight Belfort and he keeps on calling out Leben??and lastly a lot of Fighters are challenging Bisping after what happened(ufc 127) Nate is one but pls ol mighty lord make it happen and feed him to Chael Sonnen!!!! If Spitsbing hates pre fight trash talks then he better be ready for Sonnen cuz Rivera's s@%t was so preschool compare to Sonnen's haha that's it !

PASALI MGA BRO

hope this year Shogun will get more fights to get back in the mix, It wus obvious he wasn't the same Shogun that we all used to watch in pride, not in shape?!? well a bit, after those devastating shots Jones fired he was gassing out of breathe quicker, hopefully no more injuries for this guy and again hope he can get a fight asap and i wish next year they can do a rematch with him and Bones.A rematch with either Rampage or Forrest will be something to look out for, Phil Davis in my personal opinion belongs to the Top 10 205s is a good match up also(yeah another wrestler).

Jones vs Evans, hands down Bones in 3rd or 4th round but they trained together and if Evans can utilize a good game plan(which I doubt) Jones will have a problem but with GJ on bones side I'm sure that he will rape Evans.

Welterweights - Penn should fight Condit good thing Fitch got injured wheeww, a good match up for JF lessee uhmm yeah right give him the loser of GSP vs Shields fight. Dan Hardy well too bad for this guy but he really needs to learn wrestling/defense or else we'll see him in Strikeforce or SharkFights Give him Martin Kampman! and lastly Diego Sanchez well in opinion he lost his last fight with Kampman, Dream is a exciting fighter but not a good "fight finisher" maybe Thiago Alves is a good test to his after Thiago devastates Story.

Aldo vs Hominick- Aldo will win this in the 1st round via helicopter kick hehehe, a win or two for KenFlo will put him in the spot to challenge Aldo.

and I was wondering why Anderson Silva is refusing to fight Belfort and he keeps on calling out Leben??and lastly a lot of Fighters are challenging Bisping after what happened(ufc 127) Nate is one but pls ol mighty lord make it happen and feed him to Chael Sonnen!!!! If Spitsbing hates pre fight trash talks then he better be ready for Sonnen cuz Rivera's s@%t was so preschool compare to Sonnen's haha that's it !

Wand Silva pala not A Ilva, typo hehe

@riceboi: hopefully by the next URCC card. I heard Chris Luna put a beat down on Frank Navarro last Saturday. Interesting...

I do hope you won't waste as much time renewing your GAB license like when you applied the first time...

I'm also looking forward to the fight camp if that fight pushes thru

Fight results naman dyan from the latest URCC event! Wala pa posted on their website eh update naman!!! :rolleyes:

oo nga..i heard Manguray was there..kala ko c gFreak nsa last URCC card, ang tgal nwala eh..

i also heard a radio interview to a girl from URCC, promoting the last URCC card.she said she has a secret fave fighter, yung Randy Couture daw ng Phils.wla daw talo..and do some1 knows kung kelan mapapalabas sa TV yun.TIA!

Fight results naman dyan from the latest URCC event! Wala pa posted on their website eh update naman!!! :rolleyes:

oo nga..i heard Manguray was there..kala ko c gFreak nsa last URCC card, ang tgal nwala eh..

i also heard a radio interview to a girl from URCC, promoting the last URCC card.she said she has a secret fave fighter, yung Randy Couture daw ng Phils.wla daw talo..and do some1 knows kung kelan mapapalabas sa TV yun.TIA!

Eto mga Paps..

URC XIX Results

Shane Carwin meets newcomer Jon Olav Einemo at UFC 131

Classic striker vs Grappler match-up.. I love for Carwin to get a knockout victory but if this goes to the ground, it will sure be a submission for Olav..

^Joe Silva must be charged with manslaughter here.. LOL.. i doubt if the athletic commission will license this fight..Olav has not fought for MMA in six years! his grappling creditentials are very good..winning ADCC tournament and being the only man to defeat Roger Gracie in ADCC..plus he is training with Ubereem's golden glory team.. but, they should not feed him to Carwin, that would be a huge mismatch..

maybe the Roy Nelson's theory will come true..with Brock backing out in the finale of the TUF 13, and will be replace by Carwin to face JDS.

Speaking of TUF 13.. just watched the Phil premiere earlier..no wonder they got a low rating despite having Brock, this series lacks in drama department.JDS cant fluently speak in english and Brock turned out to be a nice guy..plus, the cast members are not interesting..unlike the previous season who had Bruce LeRoy, McKenzie, Brookins and the douchebag Kos..it will be more exciting if they put Mir instead of JDS.

^Joe Silva must be charged with manslaughter here.. LOL.. i doubt if the athletic commission will license this fight..Olav has not fought for MMA in six years! his grappling creditentials are very good..winning ADCC tournament and being the only man to defeat Roger Gracie in ADCC..plus he is training with Ubereem's golden glory team.. but, they should not feed him to Carwin, that would be a huge mismatch..

maybe the Roy Nelson's theory will come true..with Brock backing out in the finale of the TUF 13, and will be replace by Carwin to face JDS.

Speaking of TUF 13.. just watched the Phil premiere earlier..no wonder they got a low rating despite having Brock, this series lacks in drama department.JDS cant fluently speak in english and Brock turned out to be a nice guy..plus, the cast members are not interesting..unlike the previous season who had Bruce LeRoy, McKenzie, Brookins and the douchebag Kos..it will be more exciting if they put Mir instead of JDS.

The 2 guys benefitting the most for TUF 13 so far are Lew Polley and JDS... let's see what will happen but I do believe that Carwin vs JDS or Carwin vs Cain, even Cain vs JDS will make a more exciting fight than Brock vs JDS..

2 episodes in and no drama yet... let's wait til episode 5