Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

sir i disagree with Stann winning over Leben an upset... Leben's got heavy hands boss, but Stann is a former WEC champ, and he's a lot bigger than Chris Leben who's a natural middle weight, The Crippler just didn't had the change to recover after getting rocked

Brandon on the other hand choked, he didn't do anything on the ground when he found out he can't power his way to reverse the position. Silva looked really heavy in that fight compared to Vera, si Brandon Vera ang payat dun sa laban na yun

Edgar by UD 47-44 dapat sana yun, Gray rd 1 10-8, , Frankie rd 2 10-9, draw rd 3 9-9, Frankie rd 4 10-9, Frankie rd 5 10-9

siguro 10-7 or 10-6 Gray yung nabigay sa round 1

i called it an upset, cause Leben was favored in the betting odds and was chose by fighters and analysts. Leben was known for his iron jaw and heavy hands...he is in a 3win streak b4 that fight..some said that a win to Stann will put him in the title contention..on the other hand, i nver saw Stann figth b4, so i cant comment how good he is...

Strikeforcce is having their 8-man HW tourney..Fedor-Bigfoot, Arlovski-Kharitonov, Werdum-Rogers. the remaining 2 slots are yet to be name..hnd q alam kung ksama c Ubereem or he'll fight the winner of that..sana magkaroon din ng gnun sa UFC..or much better yung gaya ng Pride Open-Weight Tournament..hay...but it will never happen..

another suprising development in the Sonnen drama..

after his impressive performance against AS for the MW title.and the steriods controversy after dat..

Now, he pleaded guilty for money laundering. he is sentenced for 2 years probation..

his fight with Akiyama for UFC 128 is on doubt..

sir i disagree with Stann winning over Leben an upset... Leben's got heavy hands boss, but Stann is a former WEC champ, and he's a lot bigger than Chris Leben who's a natural middle weight, The Crippler just didn't had the change to recover after getting rocked

Brandon on the other hand choked, he didn't do anything on the ground when he found out he can't power his way to reverse the position. Silva looked really heavy in that fight compared to Vera, si Brandon Vera ang payat dun sa laban na yun

Edgar by UD 47-44 dapat sana yun, Gray rd 1 10-8, , Frankie rd 2 10-9, draw rd 3 9-9, Frankie rd 4 10-9, Frankie rd 5 10-9

siguro 10-7 or 10-6 Gray yung nabigay sa round 1

di ata pwede 9-9 sa 10 point must scoring system hehe, agree ako sa draw

1-Maynard 10-8

2-Edgar 10-9

3-Maynard 10-9

4-Edgar 10-9

5-Edgar 10-9 very close sa round 5

can't wait for UFC 126, sana wala nang mainjure before the fight demn!

^^ Excited for this HW tournament for SF..

But my question would be, why a tournament? And why a tournament with the champion included? The winner should face the champ, well at least that is my perception of a tournament.. Either way, I'm stoked for this.

Oh wait! Fedor and Overeem will face each other at the Semifinals? Hmmm.. I don't mean to be pessimistic but I doubt that will happen, Fedor has not even signed a new contract with SF, and if he does I suspect that this tournament will be over in... aaahhhmm.. I'm guessing based on Fedor recent span of fight.. IN 2 YEARS AT THE VERY LEAST..

Chael Sonnen

From the ultimate trash talker

To the almost politician

To the almost Middleweight champ

To the performance enhancing drug positive result

To guilty plead in money laundering case

To him being suspended by the UFC

To a certain jail time

I guess it's safe to say that we won't see Sonnen in a cage anytime soon, well possibly behind steel bars..

di ata pwede 9-9 sa 10 point must scoring system hehe, agree ako sa draw

1-Maynard 10-8

2-Edgar 10-9

3-Maynard 10-9

4-Edgar 10-9

5-Edgar 10-9 very close sa round 5

can't wait for UFC 126, sana wala nang mainjure before the fight demn!

10-9 sa 3rd kasi sa takedown ano? yun yung lamang ni Maynard sa 3rd para sa akin

The official Strikeforce heavyweight tournament bracket

http://www.imgsrc.com/imgbank/2s987j8med.jpg

the left brackets are where the bests are..weaklings nmn sa right..

ubereem wanted to fight werdum kya nsa quarterfinals agad cla..i believe that wud be a championship fight.but Coker still asking the permission of the commission on that.the same thing with all the fights being a 5 rounder.

they put fedor-ubereem in the same bracket, bcoz its uncertain that it will goes as plan. my MW tourney n rin ata dati yung SF na hnd natuloy..dapt kc nag-seeding na lng cla..just like the format of NBA..or even better..magcopromote cla sa UFC..to even have a bigger tourney...

Too bad, Vera was so close to winning both the Heavyweight and the Light Heavyweight... :lol::D :blink: :wacko::P

Taas kase ng pangarap nya eh! lipat sya ng strikeforce, dami rin makakalaban nya dun, pero I doubt na mahahawakan nya un HW at LHW belt dun

HW

Fedor

Werdum

Overeem

Arlovski

Barnett

LHW

Cavalcante

King Mo

Dan Henderson

Babalu

Mousasi

Mike Kyle

NAKUPO!!!!!

UFC 130: Frank Mir vs Roy Nelson possible for Memorial Day Weekend

Mir we go again.

After being rumored to face off against everyone from Brock Lesnar to Brendan Schaub, former UFC Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir is now reportedly in agreement to throw hands with the contractually unstable Roy Nelson, so sayeth our fiscal friends over at BetUS.com.

That leads us to believe that whatever beef Nelson had with his former boss has been settled out of court, or at least out of the court of public opinion. And a bout with the equally chatty Mir will provide some interesting pre-fight hype, as well as closure to their long standing argument over who really got the better of who when they hit the mats at Grappler's Quest back in 2003.

But you know the old saying, every fight starts on the feet, and both men have been slinging some heavy duty leather in recent appearances.

Mir (14-5) is coming off a knockout win over Mirko Filipovic at UFC 119 back on Sept. 25. His third round finish over "Cro Cop" was impressive, unfortunately no one was awake to congratulate him after the fight.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/images/blog/star-divide.v5e9d7f1.jpg

That's because his two-and-a-half round stinker against the Croatian was called "one of the worst main events in UFC history." In fact, Mir's performance was so putrid that UFC President Dana White failed to recognize his stoppage as "Knockout of the Night" -- despite it being the only (T)KO finish of the entire event.

Still, it should be noted that the jiu-jitsu black belt has heavy hands, knocking out Brazilian vegetable Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira after stiffening Cheick Kongo en route to a Dec. '09 submission win.

And with the possibility of an Interim title looming on the horizon, Mir may be hungrier than ever.

Speaking of hungry, Nelson (15-5) was also on the fast-track to bigger and better opportunities within the division -- until he ran headfirst into a Brazilian roadblock named Junior dos Santos at UFC 117 last August.

"Cigano" took home the unanimous decision win and the right to (eventually) challenge Cain Velasquez, who is now sidelined with a torn rotator cuff.

The loss snapped "Big Country's" undefeated streak since graduating from the tenth season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), but you can bet your bottom dollar a decisive win over Mir would carry him right back to the top of the contender's list.

Which aside from Dos Santos, also has Shane Carwin and Brock Lesnar wondering where they fit in. Anyone up for a UFC heavyweight tournament in 2011?

UFC 130: Thiago Silva vs 'Rampage' Jackson booked for May 28 in Las Vegas

When Thiago Silva was slapping Brandon Vera around, did it make you want to go on a "Rampage?"

Well, you may be happy to hear that Silva, after that dominating win over "The Truth" at UFC 125, is now slated to try his luck against Quinton Jackson at UFC 130 on Memorial Day Weekend, according to Heavy.com.

The hard hitting Brazilian went an entire year without competing after a unanimous decision loss to Rashad Evans all the way back in January of 2010. A bad back forced the ferocious ass-kicker to bide his time and wait for his turn to get back in the cage to do what he does best.

When that time finally came, he made the most of it by utterly embarrassing the previously mentioned Vera. Not only did he send him to the hospital with a horribly disfigured nose, he also sent him to a third consecutive loss.

You know what that means.

Well, in case you don't, it meant the unemployment line for Mr. Vera and a big step up in competition for Silva. The question is -- is he ready for it?

Edited by CorpseGrinder

its for the whole year...

UFC has a promising cards this year.. Mir-Nelson, Rampage-Silva, Penn-Fitch, Rua-Evans

and xempre UFC 126..cant wait for that..im counting days since the fight was annouced..

parang mas stacked pa yung 126 compare to the card in Toronto..too bad that they are hyping that much..

^When was the last we saw Fedor fight more than once in one year?

I mean I am not hating or anything coz I love MMA and I love watching Strikeforce as well and I am hyped up for these match ups.. but lets get real,

•  
  • If this is a tournament then the highest seed would face the lower seed first so as there is a possibility of #1 and #2 in the finals
  • Their champ is included in the tournament, so is Overeem gonna fight 5 rounds while the other fights 3 rounds?
  • No other venues are booked for the other fights except the Fedor fight.
  • They have named some replacement HW by placing them in matches, so if any HW in the bracket got injured will the replacement, who is clearly a can, takes that place?
  • Barnett has his license still suspended and Overeem still was having issues fighting in the US.

Well I am just stating the obvious problems, if they can work that out then we are all in store for an EXPOSIVE HW division in MMA!

Edited by G_sKiLLz