Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Dave Meltzer: 'Brock Lesnar is looking for a way out of the UFC'

According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports/Wrestling Observer, Brock is currently looking for an "exit strategy" from the UFC.

Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock's attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't want to get injured. He's very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Meltzer also mentioned that Brock hasn't trained a single day since the Velasquez fight nor he has returned any phone calls to Dana or Zuffa about upcoming matches.

Dave pointed out if Brock was motivated, he would be right back in the gym training and bringing in new coaches with the goal of beating Cain yet he isn't doing that. He's hunting and hasn't even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania "badly" and will earn an estimated 2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

Everything is pointing towards Brock having one more fight and ending his contract. His head doesn't seem to be in the fighting game and it looks like it was just yet another successful business move.

Brock will never appear on Wrestlemania while he is on contract with the UFC.. Brock's only way out is to fight.. If not, he will end up like Randy Couture - got his ass sued by Zuffa..

It seems that Brock is missing the easy money that he is getting from his days in the WWE and is getting tired of getting his ass kicked in the octagon (sure he tapped Carwin but that's thanks to Carwin's gas tank)..

Either way, Schaub will now fight Cro Cop, so it seems we are headed to a Mir-Lesnar 3 thru both being Ultimate fighter coach first.

naging boring ang ufc 125, with the withdrwal of Jose Aldo..only Silva-Vera fights interests me..two of my fave LHWs..sna draw n lng..so no1 can be cut...

cant wait for ufc 126...

hay.. more than a month pa...

ngapla, the CAIN-JDS HW title fight will be postponed til august ata..badtrp 2loy c JDS..

OK.tnx..

mala Rorion Gracie pla c Alvin Aguilar..promoter lng...but, checking his accomplishments in Wiki, mala Rickson Gracie din..almost good in everything..

but i hope he competes internationally in MMA, so we could more of him..

I also saw him compete in freestyle wrestling firsthand when we both tried out for the Philippine team last year around February. He's really good. He only lost in points to the incumbent Philippine team member of his weight class. I doubt he'll be competing in MMA anymore since he's already such an accomplished martial artist and is pretty content running his own promotion.

DREAM Dynamite!! 2010 Results

* Hiroyuki Takaya def. Bibiano Fernandes via unanimous decision to become new DREAM featherweight champion

* Tatsuya Kawajiri def. Josh Thomson via unanimous decision

* Jason High def. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai via split decision

* Tetsuya Yamato and Akiyo "Wicky" Nishiura fight to a majority draw (30-30, 30-29 Yamato, 30-30)

* Champ Marius Zaromskis def. Kazushi Sakuraba via TKO (doctor's stoppage) - Round 1, 2:16 to retain DREAM welterweight title

* Satoshi Ishii def. Jerome Le Banner via unanimous decision

* Alistair Overeem def. Todd Duffee via knockout (punches) - Round 1, 0:14 to claim DREAM interim heavyweight title

* Yuichiro Nagashima def. Shinya Aoki via knockout (knee) - Round 2, 0:04

* Gegard Mousasi def. Kyotaro Fujimoto via unanimous decision (30-28, 29-28, 29-28)

* Sergei Kharitonov def. Tatsuya Mizuno via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 1:25

* Hiroshi Izumi def. Ikuhisa "Minowaman" Minowa via TKO (punches) - Round 3, 2:50

* Hideo Tokoro def. Kazuhisa Watanabe via submission (armbar) - Round 3, 2:02

* Kazuyuki Miyata def. Caol Uno via unanimous decision

* Andy Ologun def. Katsuaki Furuki via unanimous decision

Duffee owns one of the fastest knockout in UFC history and became one of the fastest knockouts in DREAM history.. :lol:

Uno and Sakuraba should retire.. Mousasi and Zaromskis can still win in Japan, not same as in the US though..

I'm so happy that Aoki and his magic pants ate that knee! :P

Wow! Vera has NO ground game at all.. Can't do anything from his back.. No hip movement whatsoever to get back to guard.. He is just laying there taking shots from Silva and hoping that the ref would stand them up (well that's my opinion).. It seems like he does not even train jiu jitsu..

Such a shameful loss to Vera, getting bitch slapped, literally and figuratively.

That's it. I believe Vera will get his walking papers from the UFC.

Vera should try K1, he will do good there.

UFC 125 QUICK RESULTS

Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard

Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann

Thiago Silva defeats Brandon Vera via Unanimous Decision

Dong Hyun Kim defeats Nate Diaz via Unanimous Decision

Clay Guida defeats Takanori Gomi via Submission (Guillotine Choke) Round 2

Dustin Poirier defeats Josh Grispi via Unanimous Decision

Brad Tavares defeats Phil Baroni via KO in Round 1

Jacob Volkmann defeats Antonio McKee via split decision

Jeremy Stephens defeats Marcus Davis via KO in round 3

Diego Nunes defeats Mike Brown via split decision

Daniel Roberts defeats Greg Soto via submission (Kimura) in Round 1

GOODBYE VERA, you should have known the Truth about your incompetence a long time ago... :lol::P:D

its a very humiliating defeat for vera to say the least. he looked so weak against thiago. his spirit was literally taken away when he was taken down time and again. consolation was with broken nose and all, he didnt quit but didnt really have any will to win.

the main event turned out to be more exciting than expected. maynard almost had edgar finished in the first round. he gassed out from there on and you cant help but admire edgar's heart. good fight though. i really expected a draw or even a split decision win for edgar. i had it rounds 2 to 5 for edgar.

Great show of heart by Edgar, He scrambles, he charges and he explodes. Truly deserving of being called a champ. And Maynard was not a walk in the park for Edgar. I thought he'll be taking the win in the 1st round. A very exciting fight indeed, I gave the fight to Edgar though.

Vera's performance was in contrast of what Edgar showed. He's like a turtle on his back, and you can't see his desire to win. Got pummelled and humiliated by Thiago. Seems like his time in the UFC just ran out.

good fight card. the fights were much better than i expected.

impressive sub win by guida over the fireball kid.

another brandon-esque performance. he was absolutely obliterated by silva. and his nose was so messed up he had to cover it with his cap during the decision. you don't usually see silva pissed off so vera must've said something to get on his nerves. vera's gonna get cut fo sho.

great win by stann over leben. rocked him with a shot to the head, then when leben recovered, dropped him with a shot to the body.

and last but not least, awesome fight between edgar and maynard. edgar's recovery was just unheard of. that's a testament to his excellent physical condition. maynard punched himself out in the first round which allowed edgar to recover in the 2nd. it was an extremely close fight and could have gone either way. gray definitely won the 1st and 3rd while edgar won the 2nd and 4th. edgar imho won the last round ever so slightly making it 47-47 apiece and thus a draw. i think it was just fair that it ended the way it did, and i look forward to the immediate rematch.

anthony pettis is gonna have to wait a little longer.

ufc 126 is gonna be sick!

bones jones, belfort let's go!

GOODBYE VERA, you should have known the Truth about your incompetence a long time ago... :lol::P:D[/b]

Damn he got bullied, he had no killer instinct and his grappling is way better than that. He got bitch slapped bad, I feel sorry for him, but yeah the UFC needs to cut his ass.

http://www.imgsrc.com/imgbank/veranoseme.jpg

Maynard deserves the title.

Edited by Igniz

Anthony Pettis will have to wait a little longer. The UFC has already announced that Edgar and Maynard will duke it out one more time to resolve the issue

UFC 129 in Toronto main events:

GSP vs Jake Shields

Randy Couture vs Lyoto Machida

Edited by tamago

yup.. ufc 125 turned out to be a great card..Edgar-Maynard fight is justifiably a draw..lots of upsets also..from Leben-Stann, Diaz-DHK, Gomi-Guida and the guy who shud be fighting Aldo in the FW title, also lose via a UD in the prelims..that could happen also to Showtime Pettis and JDS, since both of their fights were postponed..

it sucks that Vera was humiliated by Thiago, sayang yung Pinoy Pride..all of his cornermen pa nmn sports a cap with a Philippine flag..in fairness to Brandon, maybe he was badly hurt in the 3rd round kya hnd na xa gnung nkalaban..but overall, he should have advanced his position on the guard..he has brown belt in bjj..

Couture-Machida, is not yet finalized..it wud be a great fight IMO..randy has stated b4 that he would only fight those that interests him, and that includes fighting Lyoto and Shogun..Rua also expressed figthing Randy after he won the belt..