Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Wow, this loss looked even worse for Brock than his loss to Mir. He really got his ass kicked here.

Who would have thunk it that Mexicans are Brock's weakness? :lol: Eddie Guerrero beat him for the WWE Championship, and now Cain Velasquez beat him for the UFC Heavyweight Championship

Kampmann could have won the fight against Shields. Sayang.

Nice to see the old Diego Sanchez back. Was rooting for Thiago though.

very impressive victory for cain..he is surely able! he succeeded where carwin failed. he was very efficient with this strikes. he was so calm and composed and i think that is the trait of a true champion. after such a performance, i'm going to write off brock now. there's no way he'll be able to beat cain velasquez if they were ever to have a rematch. looks like cain could be champ for a long time. the only obvious weakness he has imo is his chin. can't wait for JDS vs Cain. that's gonna be incredible.

disappointing loss for kampmann. he really could've won that fight in the 3rd round if he just decided not the go to the canvas. i mean shields was practically a zombie on his feet and with kampmann's superior striking he should've won that one. so frustrating watching that fight.

with shield's performance in this one, i'm confident he'd have a hard time against either kos or GSP but definitely more so against GSP. styles make fights and those two guys are nightmare matchups for shields. should still be interesting to see how the grappling contest goes though.

also disappointed with thiago. he was doing so well in the first round. he was winning the exchanges and got the better of the ground game. unfortunately he couldn't sustain the pace and just gassed in the 2nd which made things a walk in the park for diego.

lol at the huntington beach badboy. he is so irrelevant now. he keeps on saying how's he's healthy bla bla bla and yet his performances are still so lame. though i must admit his striking looked much better now than it did in all his previous fights. but i'm inclined to think that it's due to the fact that hammill isn't exactly a stud in the striking dept either. he should just quit and stop thinking he's still a force to be reckoned with. all he is now is a named fighter...

Guest eljuego

This makes Velasquez the first Mexican world heavyweight champion in a combat sport. I think he'd stop Dos Santos via ground and pound when they meet. I expected Cain to win over Lesnar coz of his speed. If Dana grants Shields a shot at the title, this would be unfair for guys like Fitch and Condit.

Edited by eljuego

UFC 125 card:

Main

* Champ Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard (for lightweight title)

* Shane Carwin vs. Roy Nelson

* Takanori Gomi vs. Clay Guida

* Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann

* Nate Diaz vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Preliminary

* Thiago Silva vs. Brandon Vera

* Antonio McKee vs. Jacob Volkmann

* Cole Miller vs. Matt Wiman (not official)

* Phil Baroni vs. Brad Tavares (not official)

sana may rematch! hindi kasi masyado natamaan si brock nung match!

gulat lng ako bigla nlang siya tumumba! tapos duguan na!

hope may rematch!

I doubt if there's gonna be a rematch soon between the two since it was a very decisive win. Brock may need at least 3 consecutive wins before he gets a shot at the title again

I don't know what you missed pero kitang kita yung mga tama kay Brock.

Weakness ni Brock is he don't liked getting hit in the face!Brock has ZERO standup defense, while Cain used his athleticism, quickness, and composure. What I was most impressed about is how he handled Brock bullrushing him. And when Brock was crumbling he was still patient, picked his shots, throw elbows, he used a complete arsenal to nullify Brock.

Guest eljuego

When will Cain face Carwin if ever?

If Carwin gets past Nelson, he may get another shot at the heavyweight title. Cain has to defend his title against Dos Santos first.