Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

As long as the old Quinton "Rampage" Jackson comesback! Yung Rampage na nang-SLAM and Powerbomb! He def. can beat Machida! But If he comes trying to box or counter-punch Machida like his previous fights eh tagilid sya! Balik sana nya yung "brawler style" nya the one that made him famous!!! :lol:

Plus wala na yung Machida Era! I mean na expose na sya ni Shogun! Wala na yung aura of invincibility nya! Para Shogun vs. Rampage Rematch!!! :lol:

Much as I love Quinton... I'm betting on Machida in this one (that is unless he is not a hundred percent okay 'mentally' after that crushing defeat he suffered against Shogun). Again, styles make fights and IMO Machida's elusive style will prove to be to puzzling to Rampage, who we saw had a significant 'speed' handicap against Rashad Evans when they duked it out.

He has one punch knockout power though... and that might prove to be the equalizer in this one.

ang mangyayari parang Sokudju VS Machida ulit to.

Machida via sub

As long as the old Quinton "Rampage" Jackson comesback! Yung Rampage na nang-SLAM and Powerbomb! He def. can beat Machida! But If he comes trying to box or counter-punch Machida like his previous fights eh tagilid sya! Balik sana nya yung "brawler style" nya the one that made him famous!!! :lol:

Plus wala na yung Machida Era! I mean na expose na sya ni Shogun! Wala na yung aura of invincibility nya! Para Shogun vs. Rampage Rematch!!! :lol:

Um a couple of things though...

First off, I seriously doubt if Rampage can take down Machida or even put him against the cage in a clinch long enough to even be able to attempt a slam or powerbomb. Besides in MMA those kind of moves are low percentage not only are they hard to do and easy to counter... more often than not if someone has you in a proper armbar or triangle that will only lock down the submission even more.

Number two, remember the 'old' unmethodical, brawling Rampage Jackson was the one KO'd by Wanderlei Silva twice. And again Machida is also great at counter striking and he would love nothing more than a brawling Rampage Jackson who tries to brawl and charge at him straight up. Machida would have a feel day with him if he does that.

Brandon Vera vs. Thiago Silva in the Works for UFC 125

A pair of light heavyweights looking to rebound from recent high-profile losses will likely meet in January in what could easily be viewed as a "must-win" for both contestants involved.

Sources close to the contest that the UFC is targeting a matchup between Thiago Silva and Brandon Vera at UFC 125 on Jan. 1, 2011, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

pag natalo si Vera,malamang goodbye UFC ,welcome Strikeforce na sya, hehehehe

A pair of light heavyweights looking to rebound from recent high-profile losses will likely meet in January in what could easily be viewed as a "must-win" for both contestants involved.

Sources close to the contest that the UFC is targeting a matchup between Thiago Silva and Brandon Vera at UFC 125 on Jan. 1, 2011, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

geez, gusto na ata talaga mamatay ni vera... sana brutal KO win by Thiago.

Um a couple of things though...

First off, I seriously doubt if Rampage can take down Machida or even put him against the cage in a clinch long enough to even be able to attempt a slam or powerbomb. Besides in MMA those kind of moves are low percentage not only are they hard to do and easy to counter... more often than not if someone has you in a proper armbar or triangle that will only lock down the submission even more.

Number two, remember the 'old' unmethodical, brawling Rampage Jackson was the one KO'd by Wanderlei Silva twice. And again Machida is also great at counter striking and he would love nothing more than a brawling Rampage Jackson who tries to brawl and charge at him straight up. Machida would have a feel day with him if he does that.

The brawling Rampage was KO'd by a brawling Wandy! In order to defeat Machida he needs to pressure the Dragon just like what Shogun did in their last fight! We all know Machida has a good ground game, and Rampage's take down umm... lets just say not as good as a Rashad Evans TD! So Rampage has to push the pace of the fight and not allow Machida to run and counterpunch his way to victory! :P

The brawling Rampage was KO'd by a brawling Wandy! In order to defeat Machida he needs to pressure the Dragon just like what Shogun did in their last fight! We all know Machida has a good ground game, and Rampage's take down umm... lets just say not as good as a Rashad Evans TD! So Rampage has to push the pace of the fight and not allow Machida to run and counterpunch his way to victory! :P

IIRC gumamit si Shogun ng mga leg kicks to keep Machida off balance and basically neutralized his insane counter-attack abilities. I doubt Rampage will use leg kicks often. :P Still should prove an interesting fight haha.

Hehe. well I wouldn't say Rashad has a 'better' takedown than Rampage Jackson... What it comes down to though is the difference on how Rashad and Rampage executes their takedowns. Rampage is more of a clinch guy he will take control of an opponent's upper body to set up takedowns to the body or the legs (involves a lot more upper body strength than speed). Rashad takes people down thru what I call is the 'classic' double leg (a combination more of speed and leverage as opposed to more strength).

When it comes to Machida, remember the guy has a 'sumo' background so he is used to getting out of clinch situations and pushing off opponents who attempt to wrap their arms around him and use weight to stifle his movement. Besides Rampage has to have Machida pinned to the fence long enough for him to execute a take down IMO.

Pero yeah I am with you that he has to try and pressure Machida but... again without throwing leg kicks as how Shogun did (as someone here already pointed out) and just relying on his hands that will be a real tough task for Quinton.

Edited by geneticfreak

I agree hoping that Brandon won't waste the opportunities that the UFC is giving to him. Sayang yung fight niya against Couture.

WOW!!! GSP will be in Manila pala sa September 23 for a meet-and-greet event with local fans...

http://teampilipinas.info/2010/09/mma-star-gsp-to-visit-manila-for-3-days.html

For sure jam packed ang MOA Atrium just like last year when Chuck Liddell went sa MOA. I don't know how the peeps got passes to have a meet and greet with Chuck Liddell that time pic and pa sign. Sana meron kay GSP this time :)

I agree hoping that Brandon won't waste the opportunities that the UFC is giving to him. Sayang yung fight niya against Couture.

sayang talaga ang laban niya kay couture. it wasnt his fault that he lost. binigay yun decision kay couture. even joe rogan said he saw the fight 2 to 1 on a split decision for vera.

abangan niyo this coming Thursday morning! :) Nate Marquardt vs. Rousimar Palhares! ayos na laban yan! :)

I suspect Marquardt to employ a strategy similar to what Dan Henderson did in his fight against Palhares. Sprawl and Brawl. Defend the takedowns, move laterally to avoid getting pinned against the cage, avoid the clinch and any chance for 'tokino' to pull guard at all times (and oh punch and kick the heck out of Palhares).

I suspect Marquardt to employ a strategy similar to what Dan Henderson did in his fight against Palhares. Sprawl and Brawl. Defend the takedowns, move laterally to avoid getting pinned against the cage, avoid the clinch and any chance for 'tokino' to pull guard at all times (and oh punch and kick the heck out of Palhares).

plus naka-kasa yung haymaker parati hehehehe. if Toquino can't take him Nate The Great down, it's gonna be a long night for him. yung kalaban pala ni Escudero yun yung may mailis na sub lately diba?