Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Couture by merciless GnP...

sorry boss gf i was wayyyyyyyy sh!tfaced during that time and i was picking a fight...

Haha. Nah, don't mention it. Wala yun just trying to keep the peace when possible. ^_^ Kakasawa na ang magulo e. Too much politicking and in fighting within the local MMA Scene. Lets just all get along.

URCC Davao Kadayawan Festival is on Aug 22nd

Philippine National BJJ and Submission Grappling Championships are on Sept 11 and 12th at SM Manila

URCC University Challenge 2010 is on Sept 18th at the A.Venue in Makati

And in October I think we will have a few URCC fights at the Dutdutan Tattoo Fest, the Xtreme Collision Amateur MMA event (powered by Solar Sports and Tough Cookie Productions) will be done at Cuneta Astrodome on Oct 30th and Rogue Magazine's Black Tie Brawl.

Guest hastati

Tell you what I would love to see Jon Fitch go up to 185 and take a shot at him... After what Sonnen just did to him I think Fitch has a legitimate shot at beating him.

Having said this, do you think that Fitch has a shot of dethroning GSP?

Haha. Nah, don't mention it. Wala yun just trying to keep the peace when possible. ^_^ Kakasawa na ang magulo e. Too much politicking and in fighting within the local MMA Scene. Lets just all get along.

URCC Davao Kadayawan Festival is on Aug 22nd

Philippine National BJJ and Submission Grappling Championships are on Sept 11 and 12th at SM Manila

URCC University Challenge 2010 is on Sept 18th at the A.Venue in Makati

And in October I think we will have a few URCC fights at the Dutdutan Tattoo Fest, the Xtreme Collision Amateur MMA event (powered by Solar Sports and Tough Cookie Productions) will be done at Cuneta Astrodome on Oct 30th and Rogue Magazine's Black Tie Brawl.

sarap sana sa blacktie brawl kaso ang mahal naman para sa kakapiranggot na botchow kasi hahahahaha

kala ko si Jed mamimigay nung mga uRCC Tshirt hehehe binebenta pala niya ^_^

punta ako sa Nationals basta libreng araw ko bro

lalaban ba ulit si Isyok sa University Challenge nga pala?

Having said this, do you think that Fitch has a shot of dethroning GSP?

Well yes... as Olympus did mention anything is possible in MMA but tell you what styles make fights and it is due to this fact that I think Fitch actually has a better shot of beating Anderson Silva at 185 than trying to dethrone GSP at 170.

Lets take a closer look at how things might turn out. The way Fitch beats people is by grinding them down by imposing his game on them. The way he imposes his game on his opponents is by taking em down. GSP has obviously become the one of the best wrestlers now in the ranks of the UFC and I just don't see Fitch being able to take him down. I also do not see Fitch being able to outdo him in the standup department despite the vast improvement he has made to his muay thai. He has to come up with some really really special game plan to beat him.

Anderson on the other hand despite being bigger physically than Fitch and having the obvious standup advantage is much much easier to take down than GSP. Add to that the fact that Fitch has an iron chin which will make it easier for him to close the distance and impose his game on Anderson. Chael Sonnen had almost all the ingredients to beating Anderson Silva down except one... and that is submission defense. Fitch is a much more sound BJJ practitioner compared to Sonnen and will definitely be harder to submit. I also bet he is a lot more technical with his BJJ since he finished Dave Camarillo's Guerilla jiu jitsu program from white belt all the way to black belt... as opposed to some fighters who are just given belt promotions despite not having learned all the techniques meticulously.

Well it's just a thought really at the moment but think about it Miguel Cotto did climb up to junior middleweight after losing to Manny Pacquiao. Diego Sanchez made a move back up to 170 after losing to BJ Penn (though unsuccessfully). It wouldn't be such a lousy decision for Fitch to climb up to 185 if he still doesn't beat GSP after having a second shot at him (assuming of course GSP wins against his teammate Koscheck). The guy has only lost once in the last 7 years and that was to GSP. If he still can't beat him and become world champion at 170 the second time around why not try to be champion at 185 then.

@riceboi: No I don't think Isaiah is joining the next URCC Challenge this sept. They held 2 tryouts at Deftac Sucat for all the amateur guys who wanted to join (one in june and another last july) and he didn't fight in either.

Well yes... as Olympus did mention anything is possible in MMA but tell you what styles make fights and it is due to this fact that I think Fitch actually has a better shot of beating Anderson Silva at 185 than trying to dethrone GSP at 170.

Lets take a closer look at how things might turn out. The way Fitch beats people is by grinding them down by imposing his game on them. The way he imposes his game on his opponents is by taking em down. GSP has obviously become the one of the best wrestlers now in the ranks of the UFC and I just don't see Fitch being able to take him down. I also do not see Fitch being able to outdo him in the standup department despite the vast improvement he has made to his muay thai. He has to come up with some really really special game plan to beat him.

Anderson on the other hand despite being bigger physically than Fitch and having the obvious standup advantage is much much easier to take down than GSP. Add to that the fact that Fitch has an iron chin which will make it easier for him to close the distance and impose his game on Anderson. Chael Sonnen had almost all the ingredients to beating Anderson Silva down except one... and that is submission defense. Fitch is a much more sound BJJ practitioner compared to Sonnen and will definitely be harder to submit. I also bet he is a lot more technical with his BJJ since he finished Dave Camarillo's Guerilla jiu jitsu program from white belt all the way to black belt... as opposed to some fighters who are just given belt promotions despite not having learned all the techniques meticulously.

Well it's just a thought really at the moment but think about it Miguel Cotto did climb up to junior middleweight after losing to Manny Pacquiao. Diego Sanchez made a move back up to 170 after losing to BJ Penn (though unsuccessfully). It wouldn't be such a lousy decision for Fitch to climb up to 185 if he still doesn't beat GSP after having a second shot at him (assuming of course GSP wins against his teammate Koscheck). The guy has only lost once in the last 7 years and that was to GSP. If he still can't beat him and become world champion at 170 the second time around why not try to be champion at 185 then.

@riceboi: No I don't think Isaiah is joining the next URCC Challenge this sept. They held 2 tryouts at Deftac Sucat for all the amateur guys who wanted to join (one in june and another last july) and he didn't fight in either.

Case in point, majority of his loses in his career are from submissions.. Fitch, on the other hand,has only lost once by submission in his MMA career and that was in his MMA debut

About Isiah, he won't be fighting not because he didn't compete in the qualifiers, but wala daw mahanap na kaaban for him. The hybrid yaw-yan guy he was matched up with originally backed out

i heard batista is traning to try MMA.

I've read that he'll probably oin Strikeforce in his case.

MMA indeed is growing!

go Munoz! :)

Yeah and I bet he will end up like his fellow ex-WWE star Bobbly Lahley who quit after 2 rounds with Chad Griggs who is virtually a nobody.

Just goes to show the level of talent that Lesnar has.

Also King Mo lost to Feijao

FreakShow! Easy lng tayo dyan Sir... medyo biased tayo when it comes to Orgs!

I remember when everybody laughed at Brock Lesnar when he started his MMA Career, now He's UFC HW Champion everybody's riding his bandwagon!

Anybody can fight But it takes real people to step inside the ring or cage!!! :rolleyes:

FreakShow! Easy lng tayo dyan Sir... medyo biased tayo when it comes to Orgs!

I remember when everybody laughed at Brock Lesnar when he started his MMA Career, now He's UFC HW Champion everybody's riding his bandwagon!

Anybody can fight But it takes real people to step inside the ring or cage!!! :rolleyes:

Yes true. The thing that sets a Brock Lesnar apart though is that the guy actually had a 'real' combative sport background (which was wrestling of course) even before he did the 'fake' stuff. So it depends really on the background and perhaps just how fast a learner a particular athlete is. collegiate wrestlers, judokas, former boxers and kickboxers already have one aspect of the MMA down that they simply need to learn pieces of the other parts of the MMA puzzle. Former pro football players and bodybuilders might have a chance but need a heck of a lot of work though.

Yes true. The thing that sets a Brock Lesnar apart though is that the guy actually had a 'real' combative sport background (which was wrestling of course) even before he did the 'fake' stuff. So it depends really on the background and perhaps just how fast a learner a particular athlete is. collegiate wrestlers, judokas, former boxers and kickboxers already have one aspect of the MMA down that they simply need to learn pieces of the other parts of the MMA puzzle. Former pro football players and bodybuilders might have a chance but need a heck of a lot of work though.

The first time brock fought and submit hos oponent i thought he just got lucky, then he fought frank mir and I thought he did a good job controlling frank but did what I expected him to do.. Give up his leg/arm for nd submit. I thought he will never be back and cant stand the real pressure on MMA. But Brock has proven that he got what it takes to be an MMA fighter, hell great MMa fighter. Laki na ng talo ko kay brock, at hanggang ngayon di parin ako pupusta sa kanya, Cain velasquez ako pupusta. Kung makaka lusot siya kay Cain, Im pretty sure pababagsakin na siya ni junior Dos Santos!!!!

Brock Lesnar is a former NCAA Division 1 National Champion and All American. Definitely an elite level wrestler. And we all know what Joe Rogan himself says about which martial art background seems to be best in transitioning to MMA. Forgive me for being biased but in the US at least it is the high level wrestlers who have adapted the best to MMA. It seems the grit and conditioning of these high level wrestlers translate well into learning other arts such as BJJ, boxing and muay thai.

In our country though this is just starting to happen. Noel Norada's dominating victory during the last URCC proved that point. Another of our elite wrestlers, SEA Games medalist in Greco Roman Roel Pacional will be making his MMA debut at this year's Rogue Magazine Black Tie Brawl. I will surely be anticipating how this will turn out.

wow edgar does it again. it was just like their first fight except he did much better this time around.

maynard is next in line for a title shot and i duno how edgar's gonna stop the maynard takedown. bj isn't known for his takedowns and he got edgar down pretty easily whenever he tried.

i smell a new champ in the lightweight division.