Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Belfort vs Bisping is almost set for UFC 120?

With today's news from UFC's UK representative Marshall Zelaznik confirming that UFC 120 will take place in London, it seems a headline could be close to being announced.

MMabay.co.uk are citing "an exclusive source" as being behind stories of a headlining Middleweight match up between Michael Bisping and Vitor Belfort. It was originally believed Bisping would fight the winner of Wanderlei and Akiyama, but with Wanderlei out of the picture due to injury and Akiyama losing to Chris Leben these bouts aren't really viable. MMabay.co.uk also went on to state that one of the fighters had signed the agreement for the bout.

Bisping's last bout saw him win a decision over Dan Miller at UFC 114, while beofre this the Brit lost a unanimous decision to PRIDE superstar Wanderlei Silva at UFC 110. His record is currently 19-3. A win over a high calibre opponent such as Belfort would catapult him straight inot Middleweight title contention.

Belfort was last seen in action last September, knocking out Rich Franklin in a catchweight bout. Both a veteran of PRIDE and UFC, the Brazillian was set to be the next challenger for Anderson Silva's Middleweight belt, but an injury put a stop to this. His record currently stands at 19-8. He is a former Cage Rage, a former UFC Lightheavyweight champion, and at just 19, a winner of the UFC 12 tournament.

On the card, Dan Hardy is expected to face either Martin Kampmann or Carlos Condit, and John Hathaway is likely to meet Don Hyun Kim.

UFC 120 will take place on October 16, 2010 at the O2 Arena in London.

Belfort vs Bisping is almost set for UFC 120?

I just hope this does not happen..

What happens when A.Silva beats Chael then, if by any miracle Bisping beats Belfort?? We will see dancing man Silva yet again during that fight..

Why not make it Wandy vs Vitor 2? Winner to get A.Silva.

And what happened to Dana saying that after Chael and Vitor, Silva will permanently move to LHW?

For me, this is just another way to get a Brit to a title shot even though they are clearly outmatched.

this is old news but i came across this GIF. i guess it is true that shogun suffered the knee injury in his fight against machida.

you can tell he's in pain when his left knee suddenly gives way and he tries to grab at it afterwards. so unfortunate...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/Inspectorchao/Lyoto%20Machida/Shoguninjuresleftknee.gif

Big Nog and Lil Nog as headliner and co-headliner of UFC 119

Big Nog to have a rematch with Frank Mir

Lil Nog to fight Ryan Bader

Bader will truly be tested during this fight, I hope he wins so that his hype continues and becomes the new shark of the LHW division along with Bones..

Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez headlines UFC 121 in California

Sorry, Indianapolis. You missed it by that much.

UFC president Dana White got his wish, and heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar (5-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) will return to action sooner rather than later to take on top contender Cain Velasquez (8-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC).

But while UFC 119 was the original target date, Lesnar and Velasquez will instead meet in the main event of UFC 121.

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported, UFC 121 will take place Oct. 23 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

The Lesnar vs. Velasquez matchup was first reported by MMAFighting.com, who confirmed the contest with UFC president Dana White.

Lesnar returned from a year-long layoff and a near-death experience to dismantle interim title holder Shane Carwin at UFC 116 just one week ago. Following the impressive second-round victory, in which Lesnar battled back from adversity in the opening frame and flashed some jiu-jitsu skills in the second, the heavyweight champion was reluctant to commit to a return date and instead stated he was looking forward to a little fall farming.

Instead, he'll have to plant the crops just a little later.

Meanwhile, Velasquez earned his crack at the belt with an impressive knockout of all-time great Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at February's UFC 110 event. Velasquez has been idle since while awaiting the outcome of the Lesnar-Carwin matchup.

A California native and resident, Velasquez's previous win came over Ben Rothwell at UFC 104 in Los Angeles.

For complete coverage of UFC 121, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5509/rockw.jpg

the rock!!!!! OMG my fav celebrity... nevermind brock... it shames me that carwin gave up...DAMN

^ Dwayne Johnson is 6'4 while Brock is 6'3

if the rock is to enter MMA will he beat brock? hehehe anyway the rock looks more a bachelor that brock.... hahahaha

Anyway may URCC pa ba? kelan kaya?

the rock!!!!! OMG my fav celebrity... nevermind brock... it shames me that carwin gave up...DAMN

if the rock is to enter MMA will he beat brock? hehehe anyway the rock looks more a bachelor that brock.... hahahaha

July 24 ata meron sa A. Venue

It was either tap or go to sleep and Carwin chose the former. No way you can defend submissions if you punch yourself out like that.

Anyhow... The URCC's next event Havoc is all set for next saturday (july 24th)

Main event is URCC pinweight Champion Lakay Wushu's Roy Docyogen against Jordan Ogo of Saipan.

and the co-main event is former FFC middleweight champion Razi 'the Iranian' Jbarri against grappling phenom BJJ purple belt Froilan Sarenas from Submission Sports Philippines.

As expected Jake Shields signs with the UFC.. Will chase after GSP's title at welterweight division..

I wonder who his first opponent is gonna be?

Alves and Fitch is about to have their rematch..

GSP and Kos will battle after TUF season..

Dan Hardy and Carlos Condit will fight..

Mike Swick have fallen off the ladder of contender..

I'm betting my money that it will be Martin Kampmann..

Although I would love to see him against Rumble, but Rumble is coming off a lost..