Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Shogun will have time to prepare and have a gamplan for Rashad.He said in his interviews that his new methods is to based his techniques through his opponents game like he did with Lyoto. I hope shogun knocks the f#&k out of Rashad.

i believe shogun has one of the best work ethics in not the best in mma.

im glad he's back from previous losses.

GO SHOGUN!!

He will my Friend... He will!!! Tapos Rematch kay Forrest Griffin or Lil' Nog!!! :lol:

plus one on the rematch against forrest... shogun should be given the chance to erase his only loss in the octagon.

on machida vs rampage... I just think rampage is just a bit too predictable now... apart from blasting people with his hands and his wrestling he offers little else. he should introduce a few changes to his gameplan for him to be successful. maybe try to start mixing up his striking by adding kicks or just working on how to transition from striking to the ground (and vice versa) more effectively. believe me this is one of the facets of the mma game that is really hard to do no matter how good you think you are separately in the standup and on the ground... transitioning from one to the other is a whole other ballgame in itself. Evans is actually one of the better fighters at executing this type of transition.

I also think rampage needs to work on his jiu jitsu. when he had him down in the third round had he passed Rashad Evan's very open, very lazy (due to the shots he took from rampage) half guard and improved position I believe he could have knocked him out or at least prevented him from standing up and thus would have been able to land more shots.

yah RUA will ko evans bcoz has an all around game has a good take down defense..

good takedown defense? I think Rua still has to prove he can stop a takedown inside the octagon in my opinion. Remember forrest took him down and so did machida in their fights (with the same type of takedown, body lock to inside trip). Rashad's double leg is actually a lot harder to stop given his speed and wrestling pedigree. Rua is even more prone to leg takedowns due to the fact that he relies heavily on his kicks so he might make an adjustment there and try to pick his spots on when to throw em.

that is why i said stylistically Rashad does have a better chance of beating Rua compared to rampage. rampage would probably get knocked out in one of the exchanges against Shogun but Rashad he'd do the same thing again... keep a safe distance, shoot in for the double when he has a chance and pin Rua up against the fence once their on the ground and just keep em there. I don't know if this will work the whole 5 rounds though we'll have to see.

Just my 2 cents... I didn't even see Rua pummel and try to break Machida's double underhooks when he got taken down TWICE. I believe Shogun's game plan will be to pressure Evans and learn how to sprawl and defend against the double leg takedown.

I have to agree with you gfreak... pero sabagay, we both employ similar gameplans when fighting and we both analyze fights in an identical manner :)

i heard a few rumors that chuck was ripped leading up to his fight against tito/franklin and what do you know? it's true! this is the best he has EVER looked. who would've thought he'd lose that beer belly of his lol. i guess he stopped partying.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/474924/x21919192_medium.jpg

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/474927/x21918b6d_medium.jpg

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/474939/x218adac6_medium.jpg

Edited by jimmii

^^ If Barry KO's Cro Cop, then it's bye bye UFC for him..

Cro Cop is fighting for a new contract in the UFC, the Barry fight is his last in his current contract.

Cro Cop said that he will retire if he does not get a new contract. But I think otherwise.

I will not be surprised to see him in SF or in Japan if he loses.

pretty good card overall.

i was really impressed by martin kampmann. i honestly though thiago would win via decision. i never realized how good kampmann's ground game was, wow. and his striking was top notch, thiago clearly was at a big disadvantage standing up. props to kampmann on a great performance.

crocop finally wins one convincingly! pat barry must be kicking himself right now for not pouncing on crocop the 2nd time he dropped him. i actually think barry was at a huge disadvantage to begin with because he loves crocop too much, he just showed too much respect. credit crocop though for mixing things up as well. barry went into the fight expecting an all out stand up war and crocop secured (imho) the 2nd round by taking him down. not to mention the final seconds of the fight, barry was expecting punches and was totally unaware of the sub. props to crocop. loved his post fight interview as well hahaha what a riot.

man chuck liddell's chin has been shot to s@%t. very disappointing comeback, i was really hoping he'd get the W. sad thing is i thought he was actually winning the fight. couple that with the fact that franklin's arm was broke and he had a good chance of winning. however, he was getting caught by a lot of punches throughout so i guess it was only a matter of time until one hit him good on the chin.

i just hope chuck doesn't say something like "i was doing well until i got caught" which he said after his fight against evans. the problem with chuck is he gets caught all the time. his chin isn't what it used to be...as sad as it sounds, i really think it's time for him to call it quits.

Awesome career by Chuck.. I'm sure UFC with Dana will take care of him but what I do not want is to see him fight elsewhere and end up like some washed-up fighters fighting in Japan..

Dana, Lorenzo and the whole UFC owes him a lot.. especially when Chuck was representing UFC in Pride..

Great career Chuck, it's been fun..

Oh and if he does not want to retire, I would not mind one last fight with Tito (if he can comeback from his 2nd spinal fusion surgery)