Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

It will be interesting to see how Machida adjusts in the rematch with Rua. Shogun obviously figured out his timing in the first fight and threw a leg or a body kick every single time he went after Machida and Machida was on the way out of the pocket. It'll be interesting to see if Machida adjusts anything about his attack and what adjustsments he makes.

As for the Kos - Daley fight it all boils down to one thing... takedown defense. If Daley manages to avoid getting taken down he'll probabbly punish Koscheck on the feet (despite his ever improving standup) but if he does get taken down Koscheck is gonna have a field day with him.

perfect!!! you're right!

daley was the pussy. hehehe. sayang hindi na re arrange ni koscheck yung mga ipin nya... hayyy and so is machida..wrong gameplan... he panicked when he felt the knees of rua... he was winning the 6th round with 2 takedowns.. rua wa indeed the antedote for lyoto...napadami ata inom nya ng ihi...

kimbo is a fluke...

marcus is back, irish handgrenade indeed! he was losing the rnd 1, all it takes is the handgrenade. nakatsamba lang si hardy...

canada is 0-3? hehe GSP is the last man standing for them. grabe sa kantyaw si koscheck!

canada is 0-3? hehe GSP is the last man standing for them. grabe sa kantyaw si koscheck!

Haha, that was money right there. Maybe more douchebag-ish than Brock's Coors Light tirade back in 100, but I was laughing my ass off when all he commented about was the Canadiens losing to the Penguins. That's gonna be ratings heaven for TUF 12, and instant money for the UFC PPV when Kos & GSP face off for the strap.

And, how does Rampage - Shogun 2 sound to y'all? :lol:

Rua f#&king slays the dragon in a very convincing way. can't believe he KO machida. Rampage vs Shogun 2 na!!!

Koscheck and Daley fight bored me to death.

http://i39.tinypic.com/vfldvp.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/j6n4aq.gif

http://i44.tinypic.com/sdfkpg.jpg

Edited by Igniz

A glimpse of the Shogun from Pride days was seen.. Rampage vs Shogun 2 would be sweet!

Paul Daley gets cut for his post fight "pussy" punch that he gave to the "actor" Koscheck..

And Kimbo gets the door from the UFC too.. Much like what Dana said to Brock, UFC is not a place to learn MMA.. but clearly Kimbo is not Brock..

Next week's fight would be interesting as well:

Overeem finally fights in US soil against Brett Rogers, it's a title fight so drug testing is mandatory.. I have a feeling he will pass the test.. Hell, it's been over 2 years, he must've flushed all the juice out by now ("assuming" he is on roids)

And Arlovski fights again opposite BigFoot Silva.. I hope Arlovski gets back on track.. Just don't let his opponent hit his glass chin again..

Jacare, Feijao, and Shaolin also in the card..

Also on the same day, Ricardo Mayorga will make his MMA debut against Din Thomas, that is if Don King's greedy ass would let him do MMA and not sue Shine Fights for all their worth..

Edited by G_sKiLLz

Next week's fight would be interesting as well:

Overeem finally fights in US soil against Brett Rogers, it's a title fight so drug testing is mandatory.. I have a feeling he will pass the test.. Hell, it's been over 2 years, he must've flushed all the juice out by now ("assuming" he is on roids)

And Arlovski fights again opposite BigFoot Silva.. I hope Arlovski gets back on track.. Just don't let his opponent hit his glass chin again..

Jacare, Feijao, and Shaolin also in the card..

Also on the same day, Ricardo Mayorga will make his MMA debut against Din Thomas, that is if Don King's greedy ass would let him do MMA and not sue Shine Fights for all their worth..

I'm actually excited to see The Reem fight. Despite all the questions, no doubt he's a high-level heavyweight with one of the best striking in MMA. I have a feeling his K-1 experience will help him immensely in picking Rogers apart, and I won't be surprised about it.

Great card top to bottom, interesting to see how Jacare & Roger Gracie will perform.

Anderson Silva is gay! :lol:

I used to like this guy, but then again he's too dam scared to finish off guys like Demian Maia for fear of getting tangled up in a grappling match he can't win. A lot of people paid good money only to watch him monkey around.

I am hoping Shogun will beat the s@%t out of Anderson Silva.

wow i'm so happy for shogun. the long wait was over, and it was definitely worth it. it just goes to show how competitive the LHW division is, as the 3 previous champs haven't been able to defend their title more than once. there definitely has to be a rubber match somewhere down the line.

NOW the possible scenarios IMHO would be:

1. winner of rampage vs evans gets machida (then winner fights shogun)

2. winner of rampage vs evans gets bones jones (then winner fights shogun)

3. winner of rampage vs evans gets couture (then winner fights shogun)

4. winner of rampage vs evans gets title shot against shogun

i dunno. they seem like possible scenarios but at the same time they seem unlikely to happen for whatever reason. although i really believe that if rampage can get by evans (convincingly) he just may get a shot against shogun for the simple fact that shogun demolished rampage in pride a few years back and that storyline would be easier to market esp with a guy like rampage. #3 would probably be the least likely to happen imo since couture is scheduled to fight the boxer dude (whatever his name is lol).

but who knows, we'll just have to wait and see what mr. dana white has in store for us.

wow i'm so happy for shogun. the long wait was over, and it was definitely worth it. it just goes to show how competitive the LHW division is, as the 3 previous champs haven't been able to defend their title more than once. there definitely has to be a rubber match somewhere down the line.

NOW the possible scenarios IMHO would be:

1. winner of rampage vs evans gets machida (then winner fights shogun)

2. winner of rampage vs evans gets bones jones (then winner fights shogun)

3. winner of rampage vs evans gets couture (then winner fights shogun)

4. winner of rampage vs evans gets title shot against shogun

i dunno. they seem like possible scenarios but at the same time they seem unlikely to happen for whatever reason. although i really believe that if rampage can get by evans (convincingly) he just may get a shot against shogun for the simple fact that shogun demolished rampage in pride a few years back and that storyline would be easier to market esp with a guy like rampage. #3 would probably be the least likely to happen imo since couture is scheduled to fight the boxer dude (whatever his name is lol).

but who knows, we'll just have to wait and see what mr. dana white has in store for us.

Well, Dana says the winner of Rampage - Evans gets first dibs against Shogun. SWEET. B)

haha!..

late post,

but It's worth watching Machida being Exposed. I think he's more effective when he's opponent is afraid of him like what Rashad Evancs was when they fight for the title, but what Shogun did was came in the face of Machida and he really pressed for the action while the champion cirles around and having a hard time countering. lyoto did landed some good shots but he wasn't able to take what Shogun was dishing out.

the light heavyweight will not be the same now that Lyoto tasted defeat and he's weaknesses were shown on that fight.

let's see whats next.

---------------

well for Daily, after the Kosheck fight, men don't trash talk if you can't eat trash, clearly kosheck made the fight into a boring one that will favor him and later in round 3 you can see him trash talking in daily's face.

haha!..

poor guy, now he won't be able to fight in UFC again, not even Monthly or quarterly.

nyahahah!...

Edited by boydapa11

Finally! Sgogun has arrived in the UFC LHW Title!!! Told all of you!!! Hahaha... Kawawa Machida basag ang mukha! Hope Rampage wins his fight against Evans para Shogun vs. Rampage 2! Tapos Rematch sila dalawa ni Lil Nog! Tapos si Couture ata gusto rin makalaban ni Shogun! Ihuli na natin si A. Silva para masaya! Hahaha... Muay Thai Rules!!! :lol:

Well, Dana says the winner of Rampage - Evans gets first dibs against Shogun. SWEET. B)

yeah, but i really do hope rampage wins so we can see an all out standup war. i just feel like if evans gets the title shot, he'll just grind out a decision against shogun with takedowns and i'd hate for that to happen to shogun.

it is worth noting though that machida has execellent takedowns. yeah he took shogun down pretty much at will, but he also took down evans who is a superb wrestler. ok he wasn't able to put evans on his back, but had the cage/wall/fence not been there evans would definitely have been taken down. meh, either way shogun still has very suspect takedown defense and his fights in pride are good examples (as well as his recent fight against machida).