• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Dana White: Jake Shields “Definitely” Leaving Strikeforce for the UFC

Strikeforce middleweight champion Jake Shields became the most sought after free agent in MMA after his dominating win over Dan Henderson at “Strikeforce: Nashville.” Although the lopsided performance increased his asking price, UFC president Dana White wants to get his mitts on him regardless.

“Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce and he’s definitely coming to the UFC,” White told AHN.com.

There was once a time when White scoffed at the very notion of allowing Shields into the UFC after the Cesar Gracie trained fighter openly challenged 170-pound Octagon king Georges St-Pierre.

It appears the tables have turned now that Shields has pushed his winning streak to 14. Fortunately for Shields, UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell is also pushing for White to bring his friend over to the world’s premier MMA organization.

Two days ago, Liddell took to his Twitter and asked White if it was finally the time to bring Strikeforce’s champ into the Octagon. White quickly respond to Liddell with, “its time!!!”

White has no problem exploiting Strikeforce’s mistake as he bluntly pointed out that the California-based MMA promotion backed the wrong horse on Saturday night and now it’s going to cost them – one way or another.

“They never respected Jake Shields, who is their champion,” White continued. “They didn’t even have him in their commercials for the fight. Then the fight happens and Jake Shields wins.

“But that’s them. They’re a Podunk, unknown, small-time organization. There shouldn’t have been that many guys in the cage in the first place!”

The UFC’s head honcho has promised moves in the past that haven’t come to fruition, but he’s also delivered in the clutch when nobody expected him to either.

It appears the ball might be in Strikeforce’s court, but Shields may have already left for another playground.

Dana White: Jake Shields “Definitely” Leaving Strikeforce for the UFC

As far as Dana's word is concerned.. it's "I'll believe it when it's signed" hehe.. :lol:

On another MMA news, ALDO vs FABER na.. two best featherweights in the world..

Plus the rematch between "Cowboy" Cerrone and "Smooth" Henderson(for me mas ok rubberman, watch their first fight)..

Damn this is a good month for MMA..

Edited by G_sKiLLz

Masterful performance by Aldo..

But why did he not finish Faber? It's obvious that Faber is his for the taking..

GSP, A.Silva, Shields, Aldo, - most championship fight have gone the distance with one fighter having the chance to finish but did not.. it seems that the champions are fighting to win the decision and not finish their opponents..

But why did he not finish Faber? It's obvious that Faber is his for the taking..

GSP, A.Silva, Shields, Aldo, - most championship fight have gone the distance with one fighter having the chance to finish but did not.. it seems that the champions are fighting to win the decision and not finish their opponents..

I'm looking at all 4 differently, if I may.

In GSP's last 2 fights, it wasn't like he was coasting. Against Alves he suffered a groin tear within the fight, & with the Dan Hardy fight, Hardy just won't quit. With Jake Shields, that's just his style. More like Chael Sonnen and Randy Couture. With what Aldo showed against Faber, he has done visibly enough to coast. In Anderson's last fight with Maia, Maia still had a ton of fight with him and was still pushing forward despite being busted open but Anderson started clowning around.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Knucklehead7

please don't say that gsp wants to win via decision. if you saw how hard he tried to submit hardy then i guess you can say that he was willing to k*ll for the stoppage victory. but as his post fight interview went on, he admitted that there were some holes in his bjj game that night. he may not have won via stoppage, you cannot argue that he was toying around like anderson silva.

please don't say that gsp wants to win via decision. if you saw how hard he tried to submit hardy then i guess you can say that he was willing to k*ll for the stoppage victory. but as his post fight interview went on, he admitted that there were some holes in his bjj game that night. he may not have won via stoppage, you cannot argue that he was toying around like anderson silva.

GSP executes his gameplan well.. He listens and does whatever Greg Jackson tells him to do.. And sometimes that gameplan will lead to a decision victory.. Have you heard what Greg Jackson's instruction was in one of the rounds? "Do not pass his guard?" Why? its clear that Hardy does not have any ground game.. Or maybe there is a reason for that.. maybe its their strategy.. i dont know, i just enjoy watching fights.. hehehe..

where can i watch the Aldo-Faber match online?

Here you go sir..MMA CORE

I suggest watch the Leonard Garcia vs Chan Sung Jung as well.. a wild fist fight but an entertaining fight nonetheless..