Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

i think anyone who has watched a decent amount of mma knows that size counts for nothing (with regard to takedown defense) if wrestling skills are non-existent. and GSP doesn't need to wear down hardy against the fence like he did against BJ. with his excellent timing all GSP has to do is wait for hardy to overextend himself with a punch or kick and the fight is going to the ground. that's a promise.

and what is this about hardy having the reach advantage?? believe it or not, GSP has a 2 inch reach advantage over hardy. however IMO hardy has the advantage as far as punching power is concerned which always makes a fighter dangerous.

Edited by jimmii

the winner of mir-carwin fight gets the first crack at brock unless that person gets injured, in which case the brown pride will get the title shot. I do not think mir or carwin will get injured in their fight because the fight will probably end in the first round either via ko or submission. as to who would win, my money is on mir but of course i recognize the power of carwin. the thing in the heavyweight division is that anybody can ko anybody. with that having said, still my money is on mir.... better striking, second best jits in the heavyweight div.

as to jds, i don't want to see him fight velasquez just yet. to my mind, the ideal situation is to make velasquez fight the winner of mir/carwin-brock and give jds the next title shot.

i am excited for the machida- shogun rematch... admittedly i am a big fan of the dragon and would want to see him crush shogun next time.

too bad hendo is out of ufc. silva-hendo 2 would have been great. stylistically though, chael will give the spider a run for his money.

as regards gsp-hardy, i will be surprised if this fight become competitive.hardy will get crushed. gsp is in a different level and hardy's style of fighting is perfect for gsp. to my mind, wrestlers with superior striking or jits guys are the ones who can compete with gsp and not a mid level wrestler with above average striking ability (hardy).

nakalimutan ko--- gsp vs. a jits guy with above average striking and heavy hands that can ko anybody will be a good fight (thiago?)...

or like a matt serra who put him to sleep during their first match (but of course that was a different GSP).

anybody with heavy hands is dangerous... i've seen fights turn on a dime due to the presence of heavy hands. strikers being dominated on the ground, being taken down over and over again by their opponent and managing to get just that one single solid shot that lands flush and ends the fight...

case in point just last december when lakay wushu's honorio banario fought asian indoor games muay thai gold medalist ruben sumido from submission sport philippines at professional combat sambo championships at san andres... (i was ring side for the fight since my own fight had just finished a couple of minutes prior).

banario was just taking down ruben at will, like over and over and over again... come the 2nd round though when ruben was finally able to defend the takedown for the first time banario got into a striking exchange with him and ruben landed that one single big shot and the lakay just fell on all fours into a turtle position and was pounded out for the victory.

so yeah we don't count dan hardy out in a fight but we do say that gsp has a definite edge due to his wrestling... if he goes the way of how he beat serra especially the second time they fought it will be another dominating performance for him against the brit.

as for hardy's size well yeah it'll be hard to press him against the cage and try to secure upper body control... but again GSP does not need the press against the fence and pummel to take him down... GSP has good double and single leg take downs and as someone mentioned here his timing is impeccable... remember this guy took Sean 'the muscle shark' Sherk over and over again and even Sherk was surprised IMO it will even be easier to take hardy down cause he does extend with his kicks.

I actually even think that Jon Fitch would beat Dan Hardy. He's another good wrestler with ever improving striking and the iron chin to boot... but I'd love to see him beat Thiago Silva again first.

Mir on his back is more dangerous than Mir standing up!!! :hypocritesmiley:

As much I want GSP to beat the crap out of another loudmouth Brit fighter Dan Hardy! The Outlaw actually has a good chance on pulling the upset!

And Yes! Finally a win for the Axe Murderer! If it was Pride rules he would have stomped Bispings face when he got KO'd! Hehe... Sayang!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

The X-factor here will be... Is Hardy's takedown defense good enough to counter the world class wrestling of a GSP... remember guys Dan Hardy likes using a lot of kicks and those are openings for a takedown... Can he really keep the fight standing long enough to cause enough damage to GSP or Knock him out senseless.

I like hardy... he not too cocky, just the right pride for a fighter... unlike bisping... total bad ass loud mouth.

Mir was so out-of-line in his quote that he wants to see Lesnar to be the first fighter to die due to Octagon related injuries.. I mean, most people still sees this sport as too violent (NY has not even given license to MMA) and to have a comment like that would not help the cause. Not at all.

Mir is now really obsessed at avenging his humiliating loss to Lesnar. He would get his chance IF he beats Shane and does not get injured in the process or else Cain would take the title shot.

Understandable.... I guess,Mir felt like, a kid defeated him...so Mir badly wanted to avenge his loss! for me I consider lesnar a "kid" in this sport... you see he haven't reach a 10 wins and got title shot right away... thats not good!

I agree. A GSP-Dan Henderson duke-out in the middleweight division is something I'd love to see. I doubt if GSP could impose his will against a wily and powerpunching fighter like Hendo.

I wanna see this fight as well!!!!

Edited by King Nothing
^I think Marquardt's striking has improved by leaps and bounds eversince that fight with Silva. I really think he could beat Silva. Too bad he got derailed by Sonnen. It would be nice to see a match between Hendo and Sonnen which I think will go to Hendo by KO.

the chances of this fight happening is slim to none hendo is out of ufc and they are teammates at team quest (remember rashad-jardine, dragon-spider-litl nog, fitch-kos=-wick?)

or like a matt serra who put him to sleep during their first match (but of course that was a different GSP).

anybody with heavy hands is dangerous... i've seen fights turn on a dime due to the presence of heavy hands. strikers being dominated on the ground, being taken down over and over again by their opponent and managing to get just that one single solid shot that lands flush and ends the fight...

case in point just last december when lakay wushu's honorio banario fought asian indoor games muay thai gold medalist ruben sumido from submission sport philippines at professional combat sambo championships at san andres... (i was ring side for the fight since my own fight had just finished a couple of minutes prior).

banario was just taking down ruben at will, like over and over and over again... come the 2nd round though when ruben was finally able to defend the takedown for the first time banario got into a striking exchange with him and ruben landed that one single big shot and the lakay just fell on all fours into a turtle position and was pounded out for the victory.

so yeah we don't count dan hardy out in a fight but we do say that gsp has a definite edge due to his wrestling... if he goes the way of how he beat serra especially the second time they fought it will be another dominating performance for him against the brit.

as for hardy's size well yeah it'll be hard to press him against the cage and try to secure upper body control... but again GSP does not need the press against the fence and pummel to take him down... GSP has good double and single leg take downs and as someone mentioned here his timing is impeccable... remember this guy took Sean 'the muscle shark' Sherk over and over again and even Sherk was surprised IMO it will even be easier to take hardy down cause he does extend with his kicks.

I actually even think that Jon Fitch would beat Dan Hardy. He's another good wrestler with ever improving striking and the iron chin to boot... but I'd love to see him beat Thiago Silva again first.

john fitch will beat hardy!!! fitch is the second best at welterweight. thiago silva will beat hardy. kos will beat hardy.. too bad they all lost to gsp so hardy gets the title shot. i want to see a rematch between hardy and the human hand grenade para makaganti si davis.

as to mr. lucky punch serra.. i have great respect for the guy, he appears to be a good teacher and well he is a pretty decent fighter. i know he has said he will never go down to lightweight again but he should, he is too small for the the likes of gsp, kos even hardy. and i would want to see him fight the prodigy. the thing about serra is he is yet to showcase his jits to the mma world pretty much like jorge gurgel.. serra is the first american to recieve a black belt from a gracie. i truly believe he can give bj a run for his money. we all know he has heavy hands and his jits should be as good as bj's (at least on paper). and bj jas no quality opponent. edgard will get crushed.. after edgar who is next gomi? he was beatern bfore by bj.. we can even strat looking outside the ufc and still find no quality oponent for him. aoki hahaha he will get crushed as well...

I like hardy... he not too cocky, just the right pride for a fighter... unlike bisping... total bad ass loud mouth.

amen but i have to add.. bisping is a fag..

Understandable.... I guess,Mir felt like, a kid defeated him...so Mir badly wanted to avenge his loss! for me I consider lesnar a "kid" in this sport... you see he haven't reach a 10 wins and got title shot right away... thats not good!

let is not forget what lesnar did after mir-lesnar 2, that was out of line. mir is just a loud mouth but nevertheless a somewhat classy guy.

and mir is indeed a lot more dangerous on his back than standing up. he just need to avoid bombs from carwin and he will be fine. mir-carwin fight will end quickly, it will be a shocker if this fight reaches middle of first round. either mir with in lala land or a broken limb for carwin

I wanna see this fight as well!!!!

Dan Hardy is like Mike Swick, a bit overrated... i bet we can all name a lot of WW fighters in the UFC more deserving to fight for the belt against GSP that is not named Dan Hardy eh? e.g Fitch, Kos, Thiago, Alves, Semtex...

Cigano VS Cain is like the old kung fu movies, hehehehe vengeance for beating my teacher ^_^

i do hope Carwin makes a good showing against Mir

Strikeforce really needs someone like Joe Silva (UFC matchmaker).. It's either that or they let their top guys call their own fight.

Overeem announces that he will fight for Strikeforce in May fighting Brett Rogers in a NON TITLE fight..

WTF!! Not defending his title in over 2 years and now deciding to fight in US and fighting a guy coming off a loss?? And Fedor is fighting on the same card.. Why not make Fedor vs Overeem for the title?

The card is looking stacked but there's just no way for him to not defend his title against Fedor. This just proves one thing, SF HW belt is a freaking joke!

Oh! and Andre Arlovski also signed with Strikeforce and will face Antonio Silva on the same card..

Edited by G_sKiLLz
Dan Hardy is like Mike Swick, a bit overrated... i bet we can all name a lot of WW fighters in the UFC more deserving to fight for the belt against GSP that is not named Dan Hardy eh? e.g Fitch, Kos, Thiago, Alves, Semtex...

GSP beat all of these guys except for Semtex and Paulo Thiago

It seems that the fight between Overeem and Rogers will be for the title.. As of now that's how it stands.. Why give a guy that got KO'd a title fight? Because the guy that KO'd him (Fedor) is in contract dispute with Strikforce and apparently asking for more money.

Sad, just sad. M-1 and Fedor is slowly but surely sinking Strikeforce.

Good thing that Gegard Mousasi will no longer be represented by those greedy bastards..

Huwaatt??? Angelo Estañol is Richard Lasprilla's opponent for his comeback fight???!!!

Well not to knock on Angelo, judging from his fight during the last PCSC where he lost via rear naked choke to former Fearless Fighting Championships Champ Rodel 'Kid' Orais the kid is quite durable on the ground but... I dunno I expected someone who was a lot 'higher in stature' in the local MMA hierarchy to be his opponent in this his comeback fight.

Oh well If it goes to the ground quickly it might be a short night for Angelo and I do see this fight going to the ground quickly since he himself is really not a standup fighter from what I've seen. It's like your strength is also my strength but I'm just better (way better in this case).

But of course this is MMA and yeah anything can happen if Richard comes into this fight with the type of conditioning he had when he competed in the last Rollapalooza, where he was just utterly dominated by blue belt Carlo Peña (Richard is a BJJ purple belt by the way) Angelo might just surprise us all. :thumbsupsmiley:

anyhow two of the fighters on the card are cross training with us for the march 27th event... one's a big foreign heavyweight who's my training and sparring partner at the moment.

the winner of mir-carwin fight gets the first crack at brock unless that person gets injured, in which case the brown pride will get the title shot. I do not think mir or carwin will get injured in their fight because the fight will probably end in the first round either via ko or submission. as to who would win, my money is on mir but of course i recognize the power of carwin. the thing in the heavyweight division is that anybody can ko anybody. with that having said, still my money is on mir.... better striking, second best jits in the heavyweight div.

as to jds, i don't want to see him fight velasquez just yet. to my mind, the ideal situation is to make velasquez fight the winner of mir/carwin-brock and give jds the next title shot.

i am excited for the machida- shogun rematch... admittedly i am a big fan of the dragon and would want to see him crush shogun next time.

too bad hendo is out of ufc. silva-hendo 2 would have been great. stylistically though, chael will give the spider a run for his money.

as regards gsp-hardy, i will be surprised if this fight become competitive.hardy will get crushed. gsp is in a different level and hardy's style of fighting is perfect for gsp. to my mind, wrestlers with superior striking or jits guys are the ones who can compete with gsp and not a mid level wrestler with above average striking ability (hardy).

Lyoto beating Shogun?

Not this time! Shogun will knock the F off lyoto, Chute box style!!!!

war shogun!!!!

But of course this is MMA and yeah anything can happen if Richard comes into this fight with the type of conditioning he had when he competed in the last Rollapalooza, where he was just utterly dominated by blue belt Carlo Peña (Richard is a BJJ purple belt by the way) Angelo might just surprise us all. :thumbsupsmiley:

chief, Carlo is a Phenom in his own right as well ^_^

bronze last year in the Mundials for the blue belt class i believe so ^_^

chief, Carlo is a Phenom in his own right as well ^_^

bronze last year in the Mundials for the blue belt class i believe so ^_^

Yup that is correct. :thumbsupsmiley: anyhow, one of our teammates is a PE professor at UP and JR Santos is one of his students. hehe. May rollapalooza ulit on March 13 and 14 daw ah... apparently Erwin Tagle's bringing home some of the guys from Purebred Guam to compete alongside the locals, should be something.

That's the thing, we don't know what will happen in the ring that night.

Sir Genetic Freak, kelan next fight?

Yup there are so many factors that come into play in an MMA fight.

I was supposed to be part of the March 27 URCC Card against someone I believe was from Strikes and Submissions kaso I dunno what happened hindi na tuloy bigla, perhaps in the next PCSC event na din ulit siguro.