Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Post-fight presser says Sakurai will get next dibs, still part of the DREAM-SF copromotion. I say, let Hieron go to the UFC instead. Or, if he can still cut weight, to the WEC.

Nah... If he's not resigning with SF then he'll definitely go back to the UFC.

He's too big for a lightweight... He'll be fine at welterweight! He's been tearing up the competition outside the UFC. Hope he gets his title shot at SF! :hypocritesmiley:

Damn! what can I say about Cris Cyborg! She f#&ked up Marloes Coenen :wacko: real bad!

Nah... If he's not resigning with SF then he'll definitely go back to the UFC.

He's too big for a lightweight... He'll be fine at welterweight! He's been tearing up the competition outside the UFC. Hope he gets his title shot at SF! :hypocritesmiley:

Damn! what can I say about Cris Cyborg! She f#&ked up Marloes Coenen :wacko: real bad!

Or maybe, he'll go to Japan and be successful there, like Dan Hornbuckle or Zaromskis. Hmm, Jay Hieron vs. Dan Hornbuckle... That would be a great fight.

I won't be surprised if he won't sign with SF again. The way he's been screwed from the get-go, it's embarassing, especially considering the dearth in talent they have at 170. Being an IFL champion to becoming an undercard fighter, that just plain sucks.

Or maybe, he'll go to Japan and be successful there, like Dan Hornbuckle or Zaromskis. Hmm, Jay Hieron vs. Dan Hornbuckle... That would be a great fight.

I won't be surprised if he won't sign with SF again. The way he's been screwed from the get-go, it's embarassing, especially considering the dearth in talent they have at 170. Being an IFL champion to becoming an undercard fighter, that just plain sucks.

i notice your pinoymma banner. do you do BJJ or MMA as well sir?

i notice your pinoymma banner. do you do BJJ or MMA as well sir?

I used to, actually. Did karate for almost all of my childhood, almost became part of the national team (sayang). Trained for a bit with Pichon's camp at Gracie Barra Greenhills, attended some open mat days at New Breed @ Moro. Most of my training days, I spent with my friends who also trained at Bakbakan International. I had to stop though cuz of a freak accident during training, dislocated my shoulder while doing takedown drills. Now I'm looking to train again.

How bout you, where do you roll?

Oh, and Chael Sonnen has now achieved Legendary assh*le status in his short time in the UFC. Calling Mark Coleman a bum for not having a team similar to ATT or Greg Jackson's?

First off, his head trainer is Shawn Tompkins. He trains at the Tapout Gym in Las Vegas. Maybe Sonnen should watch the Countdown to 109 show.

Second of all, what the f#&k has Sonnen done to grant himself a license to omit such douchebaggery? All I remember of Sonnen is him tapping out to a half-coked Paulo Filho.

assh*le.

I used to, actually. Did karate for almost all of my childhood, almost became part of the national team (sayang). Trained for a bit with Pichon's camp at Gracie Barra Greenhills, attended some open mat days at New Breed @ Moro. Most of my training days, I spent with my friends who also trained at Bakbakan International. I had to stop though cuz of a freak accident during training, dislocated my shoulder while doing takedown drills. Now I'm looking to train again.

How bout you, where do you roll?

Well lets see.

I used to train and compete in Judo for UST and PAJA back in the UAAPs when I was still in college. At the same time, I started training BJJ with Kamphuis-Fabricio Philippines and then with Submission Sport Philippines up until Subsport defected from Team Fabricio. Now were currently training with Atos-VPF. :)

Maybe you'd want to roll with us one of these days sir? And yeah, injuries does suck. My left knee has been busted since my Judo days. Hassle.

Well lets see.

I used to train and compete in Judo for UST and PAJA back in the UAAPs when I was still in college. At the same time, I started training BJJ with Kamphuis-Fabricio Philippines and then with Submission Sport Philippines up until Subsport defected from Team Fabricio. Now were currently training with Atos-VPF. :)

Maybe you'd want to roll with us one of these days sir? And yeah, injuries does suck. My left knee has been busted since my Judo days. Hassle.

Pati ba naman dito nagkakalat ka ng lagim mo joktimus. hehehe. anyhow eto lang masasabi ko yeah injuries do suck and this guy right here should already be a BJJ bluebelt (at least). hehe. cheers. :thumbsupsmiley:

Well lets see.

Congrats pala, you guys were successful sa 2010 No-Gi's... =) Oo ba, I'd love to drop by and roll with you guys. If I find time (CC work sucks if you wanna train), maybe on a regular basis pa.

not really...

in the strictest sense when you refer to brazilian jiu jitsu you refer to the art of jiu jitsu wherein one is required to wear the prescribed uniform also known as the gi and was formulated primarily by the gracies of brazil. apart from that BJJ has a belting system unlike grappling.

when you say 'grappling' you may either refer to the 'entire' gamut of disciplines that involve grappling (say wrestling, sambo, judo, bjj or what have you) or in the more popular context it is known for which is 'no gi' jiu-jitsu.

makinig kayo kay geneticfreak. sideline asst. coach ko yan last rollapalooza 4. haha. =p

Well lets see.

sir kay coach Ali ka din ba nagtratrain? sa VPF ako dati kaso napatigil ako kasi sumasakit lang katawan ko ayaw kasi ng katawan ko mag bulk up eh

Pati ba naman dito nagkakalat ka ng lagim mo joktimus. hehehe. anyhow eto lang masasabi ko yeah injuries do suck and this guy right here should already be a BJJ bluebelt (at least). hehe. cheers. :thumbsupsmiley:

sir hehehehe ngayong bluebelt ka na, baka pwede na nating ituloy yung MTC Martial Arts club na yan ^_^

Congrats pala, you guys were successful sa 2010 No-Gi's... =) Oo ba, I'd love to drop by and roll with you guys. If I find time (CC work sucks if you wanna train), maybe on a regular basis pa.

chief saang CC ka? kapag naayos itong schedule ko ngayong taon na ito, baka magbalik ako sa BJJ sa VPF

sir kay coach Ali ka din ba nagtratrain? sa VPF ako dati kaso napatigil ako kasi sumasakit lang katawan ko ayaw kasi ng katawan ko mag bulk up eh

I roll with Submission Sport Philippines sir, with Erwin Tagle and Froilan Sarenas. But yeah, we do cross train with VPF. Well most of my team does anyway, nalalayuan ako sa Ateneo eh. :)

I roll with Submission Sport Philippines sir, with Erwin Tagle and Froilan Sarenas. But yeah, we do cross train with VPF. Well most of my team does anyway, nalalayuan ako sa Ateneo eh. :)

ahhhh ganun ba? hehehe medjo malayo nga Ateneo kahit sa akin hehehehe from Legarda station hanggang sa Katiputan station ang byahe ko dati kung mag tra-train ako sa Ateneo

sir kasama mo si bossing geneticfreak pala?

Sa Chase ako ngayon, tol. Kaw?

sa 24/7 ako chief hehehehe kakalipat ko lang mangelan tamang training pa lang ako ngayon, at least prehas pala tayo Makati men ^_^

sa 24/7 ako chief hehehehe kakalipat ko lang mangelan tamang training pa lang ako ngayon, at least prehas pala tayo Makati men ^_^

Hehe, onga no. Kaso baliktad pa din, malapit ako sa Ateneo e. :P You still train? Hehe, magmumuka akong tanga sigurado pag nagtrain ulit ako. lol

My picks for 109:

Coleman (Yes, HAMMER TIME!!!)

Marquardt (because Chael Sonnen is such an a**hole)

Thiago (because Thiago is more badass than probably 90% of the entire UFC roster)

Maia (because he has leftover from his last fight with Marquardt lol)

Serra (because Trigg = Rear Naked Joke never gets old)

also for the 109 prelims:

Nover (Pinoy pride syempre)

Gracie (duh)

yeah. although we dont train together that much anymore since he trains with sprawlmma tlga. magaling yun! :)

wahahaha. may ganun. =p :thumbsupsmiley:

anyhow... The Natural of course will no doubt in my mind outclass Mark Coleman tom. I find Coleman too one dimensional apart from the fact that he hasn't evolved as much as Randy. I also hope Serra and Meia win their matches (Jiu-jitsu represent!). And our countryman Philippe Nover.