Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I must admit, Im a Machida nuthugger but it should have been a split decision for Rua... Sa tingin ko sa round 5 na nagkatalo, I saw Rua won rounds 1, 3 and 4, but Lyoto has the more telling blows in those rounds.

Those kind of shitty decisions happen, shades of GSP-Penn 1... Kaya kailangan ng rematch talaga. Unti-unti na naeexpose ang weakness ni Lyoto...

Parang may hint ng pagkagulat nga sa mukha ni Machida nung tinawag yung pangalan nya e

Yeh, I saw that. He was expecting to lose the fight din

Got that right. I was rooting for Lyoto too, pero obvious na Rua dapat eh.

Shogun was robbed! :thumbsdownsmiley:

definitely :thumbsdownsmiley:

Guest megalodon

After watching the fight a second time, I realized that the fight was too close to call. It could have gone either way. Lyoto was the champ so Shogun really had to beat him convincingly to get the nod of the judges. I don't blame the judges for giving the decision to Lyoto. I also agree with this column:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Aq19...o&type=lgns

Edited by megalodon
After watching the fight a second time, I realized that the fight was too close to call. It could have gone either way. Lyoto was the champ so Shogun really had to beat him convincingly to get the nod of the judges. I don't blame the judges for giving the decision to Lyoto. I also agree with this column:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Aq19...o&type=lgns

i agree, too. aym an avid shogun fan and like evrybody else we were looking for rua to submit or take-dwon machida being the

reighning champion...mauricio's muay thai kicks and elbows were awesome esp. in the last round but weren't enough to bring down the

stronger lyoto...everybody got their money's worth for this classic fight.

one thing for sure...a rematch! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by LYCHEE

I'm very disappointed with Lyoto's performance>.<

I'm a Machida fan but I think Shogun won the fight, damn those judges! ruining the main event.

But atleast Shogun breaks the unbeaten round record of Machida and clearly won the crowd/fans. "ala Gladiator"

It's a make or break on Lyoto's career. Wake Up!

UFC 104 - Dana White Wants a Rematch

I'm quite disappointed on how the Machida-Rua match was judged. :angry:

It might look like a close match, but it was Shogun who threw the harder kicks to Machida's body. At least, Shogun proved that there's a way to beat 'The Dragon's' evade-and-dart style.

I can't wait to see a rematch between these 2 fighters, to settle the score on who is the true LHW champ.

Guest megalodon
what happened to the machida era? shogun will end it! i think shogun will knock the f#&k out of the dragon in their rematch

I would have to disagree with this. I think what happened was that Shogun really studied Lyoto and was patient enough unlike Lyoto's previous opponents who wanted to brawl or were tentative to engage him. I'm sure Machida will make some adjustments next time now that Shogun already found out how to neutralize his hit and run tactics.

I would have to disagree with this. I think what happened was that Shogun really studied Lyoto and was patient enough unlike Lyoto's previous opponents who wanted to brawl or were tentative to engage him. I'm sure Machida will make some adjustments next time now that Shogun already found out how to neutralize his hit and run tactics.

and shogun has to really figure out how he could be more effective in his grappling and jiu jitsu techniques once he gets hold of the slippery dragon who is just too smart for a take-down...