Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I just found a tougher debacle on who to choose: Brandon Vera or Manny Pacquiao... =(

Apparently, UFC 105 will go head to head with the Pacquiao - Miguel Cotto card.

Forget the pac-cot fight... its senseless.... many should fight mayweather to cement who is the real pound for pound king... or rather the boxing king....Still I believe its mayweather as the boxing king! I wonder who's the MMA King? ....Dana? hahaha

UFC 103 Results

Vitor Belfort defeats Rich Franklin via TKO (Strikes) Round 1

Junior Dos Santos defeats Mirko Cro Cop via Verbal Submission (Strikes) Round 3

Paul Daley defeats Martin Kampmann via TKO (Strikes) Round 1

Josh Koscheck defeats Frank Trigg via TKO (Strikes) Round 1

Tyson Griffin defeats Hermes Franca via TKO (Strikes) Round 2

Efrain Escudero defeats Cole Miller via knockout in round one

Tomasz Drwal defeats Drew McFedries via submission (rear naked choke) in round two

Jim Miller defeats Steve Lopez via technical knockout (shoulder injury) in round two

Nick “The Carnie” Lentz defeats Rafaello “Tractor” Oliveira via unanimous decision

Rick Story defeats Brian Foster via submission (arm triangle choke) in round two

Eliot “The Fire” Marshall defeats Jason Brilz via split decision

Vladimir “The Janitor” Matyushenko defeats Igor Pokrajac via unanimous decision

Rafael dos Anjos defeats Rob “The Saint” Emerson via unanimous decision

TKO si Franklin sa 1st round kay Belfort!!!

Edited by Great Milenko

The Phenom is Back! Nice one... Vitor! A Silva. vs. V. Belfort na yan! :thumbsupsmiley:

Dos Santos is the real deal! Mirkooooo.... WTF happend!? :hypocritesmiley:

What's up with Kenny Florian!? Natalo lang kay BJPenn switch camps kagad! Walang loyalty! Greg Jacksons gonna train all of the UFC fighters one day! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Taping pa nga yung Contender Asia2! I was hoping they would have bantamweights this time but pinilit parin nila welterweights! I hope this time they would bring Dutch fighters! Last season wala eh, they made sure Yodsanklai/ Nareupol would win! It's a Fairtex sponsored show anyways... Im sure Kaew Fartex takes it... si Malaipet nag MMA na yan but got DQ'd by elbowing at the back of the head! Hehe... :hypocritesmiley:

Of course, Brock can be beaten. It's only a matter of time. Somewhere out there, someone's gonna be much better than Brock will ever be. The question is, when will Brock be defeated. Shane Carwin might be the closest that's gonna happen, but it's hard to tell. Cain Velasquez, another possible option but still hard to tell. Kongo? Unlikely at this point. Cro Cop? Maybe.

im at AWE lang sa power ni Brock lesnar

Fan niya ako when he was at WWE

just those monstrous power sobra naman

sobra mga pards anyway ill wait for his next opponent

is it true Brandon Vera will take the Mr Captain America randy couture

The Phenom is Back! Nice one... Vitor! A Silva. vs. V. Belfort na yan! :thumbsupsmiley:

Dos Santos is the real deal! Mirkooooo.... WTF happend!? :hypocritesmiley:

What's up with Kenny Florian!? Natalo lang kay BJPenn switch camps kagad! Walang loyalty! Greg Jacksons gonna train all of the UFC fighters one day! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Taping pa nga yung Contender Asia2! I was hoping they would have bantamweights this time but pinilit parin nila welterweights! I hope this time they would bring Dutch fighters! Last season wala eh, they made sure Yodsanklai/ Nareupol would win! It's a Fairtex sponsored show anyways... Im sure Kaew Fartex takes it... si Malaipet nag MMA na yan but got DQ'd by elbowing at the back of the head! Hehe... :hypocritesmiley:

I see some parallels with the KenFlo-Sityodtong & Mirko situation. At first it reeks of betrayal, but this move by Kenny is a move even Mark Delagrotte supports somewhat:

I am a good leader, a good general, and I think my resume shows that. When I start to feel like my decisions aren’t important or not being taken seriously, it kind of detaches me from the situation. And if cant be really in control and really responsible for the outcome of the fight, I don’t want to be part of it any more…. It is going to be invigorating for Kenny to go and see new trainers, learn new tricks. I am a true teacher of the martial arts and a true friend to Kenny so I encourage him to move on to bigger and better things. Hopefully he is productive and does well from here. I wish him nothing but the best.

There are talks of some dissention between Delagrotte & Kenny's brother Keith, who's co-head trainer at Florian Martial Arts, but this isn't a falling out of sorts. It's just Kenny wanting to expand his horizons. Sadly, loyalty and evolution in MMA can't and won't blend. Case in point: Ken Shamrock. Ever since he started in Pancrase he's trained with the Lion's Den, which he heads. Yes he's had success, even becoming the first UFC Heavyweight Champion (by way of the UFC Superfight Championship), and at that time the Lion's Den was the most feared team in MMA. However, when the new blood came in, like Hammer House & Miletich Fighting Systems, Shamrock wasn't able to cope up with the progression. That was the main sticking point in most of Ken's losses post-WWE: training with the same fighters, working on the same techniques, learning the same things over and over again. When he finally decided to cross train with Erik Paulson & Battaglia Ballamundo, Ken regained his confidence via his TKO win over Kimo Leopoldo at UFC 48.

Every now and then, fighters need a new approach to their fight game. It's like Vitor Belfort trying to incorporate karate, and being successful in the process, as shown in his UFC 103 win. That's the same thing that Mirko needs, NOW. His fighting career is not over yet, but he needs a drastic change now to give him a different look, instead of the same Mirko that won the PRIDE Open Weight GP back in 2006.

What's next?

-Dana says Vitor is ready to fight Anderson, and Henderson's holding out for an extension before he can take the Marquardt fight, so if that doesn't get settled soon, we might see Vitor fight Anderson first before either Hendo or Marquardt.

-Dos Santos rises up the rankings, and he's a couple more wins away from a shot at the strap. My concern about Junior prior to the fight was that he might suffer from the Sokodjou Complex (take 2 big names out, falter the rest of the way), but he showed that he's capable of handling wars of attrition too.

-Koscheck might get first dibs on Hughes, who just signed a new contract. Dennis Hallman is a possibility, but most casual fans ptrobably won't see the point of a 3rd Hughes - Hallman fight, so Koscheck might get Hughes.

-Paul Daley has to get Swick next. Simple as that.

-One prediction for Contender Asia 2: Kit "I Have A Sex Tape With Gina Carano" Cope will make a big ass of himself. Quote me on that.

Question. Before ka maging legit na jiu-jitsu instructor, anong belt na dapat ang hawak mo?

I'm not sure how it works within the jiu-jitsu community, but at least you have to be a blue or purple belt to be a junior instructor, or a sempai as we called them when I trained in karate.

Geeezz the daley vs. kampmann fight looked like a mma version of mayweather vs. hatton...hahahha both are muay thai's neither threw a kick....crazy. Too bad crocop lost... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think the reason why neither Kampmann or Daley threw a kick is because of the possibility of counters or a takedown, moreso for Daley since Kampmann has the significant advantage on the ground. Daley doesn't want flashbacks of Jake Shields to happen again, y'know. :D

i guess cro cop is just not the same as he was before. mma fighters have come to to take the mantle off the once feared strickers in mma.

the phenom's victory will assure him a match vs the spider. now that's one hell of match that we should'nt miss!

kudos to paul daley for his win!

tyson griffin just put an exclamation mark that he can trully finished the fight and not let the judges decide the outcome.

Oh no...

“Maybe the ones who have said that I’m done are right. Obviously, I can’t break my mental block in the Octagon. Besides, I’ve been training like a spartan for 20 years now — my body is worn out. The years caught up to me, I’ve been worn out…. [Junior dos Santos] won that fight and would have won it by decision. Simply put, he is younger, more hungry, more aggressive. He wanted to win a lot more…. The mat was slippery like glass. I almost fell down trying to do the left high kick. But I’m not looking for an alibi. This was not the performance the public would pay for. I don’t feel the hunger anymore. I started playing it safe, I’m not ready to take risks. I would like to thank everybody that supported me and stood by me and everyone who helped me to prepare for this fight. I’ve been living a military life for 20 years now. Getting up at 6 a.m. and having physically challenging task up to 8 p.m. I want a normal life. I’m entering a cage and thinking about fishing in Privlaka. You can’t win that way. Maybe I should’ve quit after I won the open weight grand prix.

- Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic

Oh no...

“Maybe the ones who have said that I’m done are right. Obviously, I can’t break my mental block in the Octagon. Besides, I’ve been training like a spartan for 20 years now — my body is worn out. The years caught up to me, I’ve been worn out…. [Junior dos Santos] won that fight and would have won it by decision. Simply put, he is younger, more hungry, more aggressive. He wanted to win a lot more…. The mat was slippery like glass. I almost fell down trying to do the left high kick. But I’m not looking for an alibi. This was not the performance the public would pay for. I don’t feel the hunger anymore. I started playing it safe, I’m not ready to take risks. I would like to thank everybody that supported me and stood by me and everyone who helped me to prepare for this fight. I’ve been living a military life for 20 years now. Getting up at 6 a.m. and having physically challenging task up to 8 p.m. I want a normal life. I’m entering a cage and thinking about fishing in Privlaka. You can’t win that way. Maybe I should’ve quit after I won the open weight grand prix.

- Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic

i am somewhat relieved that he decided to step down...sure changing his training methods could work in his favor, but over his previous fights in the ufc it has become obvious that his will to win has diminished each time. he really looks like a fighter that has NOT evolved since his pride days IMO. regardless, whether he decides to step down as fighter or not, he will always be regarded as a legend in MMA :)

Thanks Solitude00 for posting the source, I was so shocked by Mirko's statement I forgot to indicate my source. Wala lang, realistically he'll never be as dominant as he was back in his PRIDE days, pero as a fan I wanted him to be feared again.

Pareng riceboi & Boss Olympus, I just wanna ask (since my training was under an informal system unlike in most training camps), does the hierarchy system also take effect in BJJ camps? Like, a blue belt is qualified to teach but someone not a black belt but a higher rank will take over if he's present?

Pareng riceboi & Boss Olympus, I just wanna ask (since my training was under an informal system unlike in most training camps), does the hierarchy system also take effect in BJJ camps? Like, a blue belt is qualified to teach but someone not a black belt but a higher rank will take over if he's present?

Normally it applies.. however, there are times the higher belt observes and just gives insights and lets the lower ranked instructor handle the class