Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

The plan was Wanderlei Silva vs. Bisping, since 105 will be in Manchester. That has been scratched, because of this:

Wanderlei had facial surgery to (maybe) remove scar tissue all over his face.

Instead, the main event (still rumors I believe) will be "The Prodigy" BJ Penn against Diego "YES!!!" Sanchez for the UFC Lightweight Title. Bisping will take on Denis Kang instead.

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/radio/mmajunkie-radio-090821.jpg

If you guys can listen to MMA Junkie Radio Mark Munoz was a guest there, discussed his preparation for his fight at 102. Training with the Nog Brothers @ Black House, talking about his Pinoy roots, and more.

And, that episode also features Don Fryedays with MMA pioneer and undercover counselor Don Frye. BEST. s@%t. EVER.

thanks, Title DEF na naman for Penn? bat di na lang si GSP hehe

Chuck Lidell is joining dancing with the stars....... Oh well at least he has something to keep himself busy with

But this is one guy I really would love to make a comeback. I love the way he fights, and I still think he has a few more left in him. It just so happened that his life style of clubbing and partying days before the fight really took a huge toll on him. Moreso, his style became too predicatable and never really tried to evolved to learn new skills. Hence his techniques really started to deteriorate. His hands are at the level of his waists, and always looking for that big punch to finish the guy. He hasnt even thrown a lot of kicks in his last fights. Actually if he kept those hands up during that evans fight, he wouldnt have been knocked out cold.

But at any rate, I hope his lay off would totaly reboot him and hopefull wed get to see a newer better chuck lidell

Nunahan nyo ko sir sa balita...I was thinking of blasting the new here... anyway I doubt chuck can return to his old form... after all he's aging...and he's no the "natural"

The Huntington Beach bad Boy is fighting the hammer. Tito is getting back in shape and i do hope he's all set. he's even training under Freddie Roach. :thumbsupsmiley:

Under freddie roach...it reminds me of the fight where... chuck pepper tito with punches...hahahaha will he do a manny pacquiao?hahahahaha

The plan was Wanderlei Silva vs. Bisping, since 105 will be in Manchester. That has been scratched, because of this:

Wanderlei had facial surgery to (maybe) remove scar tissue all over his face.

Instead, the main event (still rumors I believe) will be "The Prodigy" BJ Penn against Diego "YES!!!" Sanchez for the UFC Lightweight Title. Bisping will take on Denis Kang instead.

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/radio/mmajunkie-radio-090821.jpg

If you guys can listen to MMA Junkie Radio Mark Munoz was a guest there, discussed his preparation for his fight at 102. Training with the Nog Brothers @ Black House, talking about his Pinoy roots, and more.

And, that episode also features Don Fryedays with MMA pioneer and undercover counselor Don Frye. BEST. s@%t. EVER.

hey munoz is going down to middle...

BJ Penn VS Diego Sanchez hmmm interesting, but there are a lot of other deserving LW who has first dibs on the belt... i mean, c'mon Diego only had his 2nd match as a lightweight and he gets dibs on the belt? WTF is that? Gray Maynard i believe so is supposed to have first dibs on the LW belt, although we all know BJ will pulverize that young fighter... and who's that other dude who defeated Sean Sherk recently? he's got second dibs on the belt IMO, but he'll get smashed by BJ as well, and well Diego is a large LW and he has a chance against BJ, but c'mon give him another fight with a LW contender before he gets dibs on the belt, a TUF1 rematch perhaps? Diego VS Kenflo 2! now that would be a dream hehehe ^_^

BTW Diego seems like a weird mofo, specially when he was entering the octagon against Joe Daddy, hehehe that hand pump, the intent stare, and the deliberate YES! every after the We will Rock You chant...

my cousin who trained with him said otherwise though... he said Diego is an ok guy, i'm taking his word for it, anyways i'm not meeting the person ^_^

Edited by riceb0i

^ That's the aftermath of WAND's facial surgery. Probably to take care of all the scar tissue underneath. He looks like he's on Botox, though. :lol:

Regarding BJ versus Diego, I can understand why Diego got first dibs after KenFlo. He's on a hot streak, winning his last 4 fights in spectacular fashion. That fight with Clay Guida (TUF 9 Finale, Split Decision) is definitely Fight Of The Year Material, and that shows how much he's improved under Saulo Ribeiro. The others, like Gray Maynard, Roger Huerta, Frankie Edgar, Spencer Fisher, Hermes Franca, and the rest, I think they have to get some more wins under their belt. Diego's on a hot streak, and he's marketable since he fights like a madman and he's the first TUF winner, that's why it makes sense (for some, not all) to make the BJ - Diego title fight.

Oh, and the "YES!!!!" that Diego does, he got that from self-help writer Anthony Robbins. That's why for me, it's not Diego "The Nightmare" Sanchez anymore. It's Diego "YES!!!" Sanchez. =)

Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers Strikeforce fight announced

Strikeforce announced today at an open media workout in New York City that its prized free agent acquisition, Fedor Emelianenko (30-1), will make his promotional debut against undefeated hard-hitting heavyweight prospect, Brett Rogers (10-0).

No confirmed date or location is available at this time; however, the showdown is likely to happen on a Showtime-produced card sometime in November.

Emelianenko — a former Pride FC Heavyweight Champion and Affliction MMA headliner — recently signed a multi-fight contract with the San Jose-based mixed martial arts promotion under a special co-promotion agreement with M-1 Global.

“The Last Emperor” was in cruise control under the Affliction MMA banner after back-to-back wins over former UFC heavyweight champions Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski.

He was in line for a WAMMA title defense against Josh Barnett at the Aug. 1 “Trilogy” event until “The Babyface Assassin” got popped for steroids in a random pre-fight drug test.

The cash-strapped promotion closed up shop shortly thereafter, leaving Emelianenko (once again) the hottest free agent in mixed martial arts. After a hot and heavy pursuit from the UFC, Emelianenko opted to sign with Strikeforce primarily because of the co-promotion caveat.

Rogers is coming off a devastating knockout win over former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski at the “Lawler vs. Shields” event from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., on June 6.

Rogers was a +300 underdog heading into the fight but needed just 0:22 seconds to put “The Pitbull” to sleep — the second time for Arlovski in as many fights.

“The Grimm,” now 10-0, looks poised to capitalize on his new found stature. “This sport is all about timing,” he said. “This fight took me to the next level and now is definitely my time. Everyone saw tonight that I am not one to play with.”

We’ll find out soon enough as he now prepares to take on arguably the top mixed martial arts fighter on the planet.

Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers Strikeforce fight announced

Strikeforce announced today at an open media workout in New York City that its prized free agent acquisition, Fedor Emelianenko (30-1), will make his promotional debut against undefeated hard-hitting heavyweight prospect, Brett Rogers (10-0).

No confirmed date or location is available at this time; however, the showdown is likely to happen on a Showtime-produced card sometime in November.

Emelianenko — a former Pride FC Heavyweight Champion and Affliction MMA headliner — recently signed a multi-fight contract with the San Jose-based mixed martial arts promotion under a special co-promotion agreement with M-1 Global.

“The Last Emperor” was in cruise control under the Affliction MMA banner after back-to-back wins over former UFC heavyweight champions Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski.

He was in line for a WAMMA title defense against Josh Barnett at the Aug. 1 “Trilogy” event until “The Babyface Assassin” got popped for steroids in a random pre-fight drug test.

The cash-strapped promotion closed up shop shortly thereafter, leaving Emelianenko (once again) the hottest free agent in mixed martial arts. After a hot and heavy pursuit from the UFC, Emelianenko opted to sign with Strikeforce primarily because of the co-promotion caveat.

Rogers is coming off a devastating knockout win over former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski at the “Lawler vs. Shields” event from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., on June 6.

Rogers was a +300 underdog heading into the fight but needed just 0:22 seconds to put “The Pitbull” to sleep — the second time for Arlovski in as many fights.

“The Grimm,” now 10-0, looks poised to capitalize on his new found stature. “This sport is all about timing,” he said. “This fight took me to the next level and now is definitely my time. Everyone saw tonight that I am not one to play with.”

We’ll find out soon enough as he now prepares to take on arguably the top mixed martial arts fighter on the planet.

f#&king arrogant fedor he be little the UFC!!!!!! Down to the last emperor!!!!!!