• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

the R2 did it for Rockhold able hurt Weidman then established the striking game between them after the furry he got from Weidman in R1.

http://i.imgur.com/htIIu6T.jpg

you think Jacare and / Romero is / are better than Weidman at this point? I see Weidman being one-sided tbh. His stand-up isn't as good as people claim it to be.

Not sure if it's just me. Jose Aldo looked different when he entered the octagon. It seems that he is out of his element. Maybe he just got too intimidated by Connor? Or is there something else? Well, whatever it is it was definitely a poor performance from an undisputed champion.

Weidman used a technique he is not known for, maybe he was thinking if Vitor can do it so can he. It cost him the fight and the belt. Well, even if it landed flush on Luke I doubt that he can deliver the same damage as Vitor did.

Edited by gwapingsz1

Jacare may have lost but he had proven he is still a contender. He started slow like diesel but when he got his rhythm he looked great. Too bad that round 1 made too much impression on the 2 judges. Romero's conditioning became and issue while Jacare's conditioning proved to be his strength. He recovered well after round 1 and he was moving and breathing better during round 2 and 3.

Not sure if it's just me. Jose Aldo looked different when he entered the octagon. It seems that he is out of his element. Maybe he just got too intimidated by Connor? Or is there something else? Well, whatever it is it was definitely a poor performance from an undisputed champion.

Weidman used a technique he is not known for, maybe he was thinking if Vitor can do it so can he. It cost him the fight and the belt. Well, even if it landed flush on Luke I doubt that he can deliver the same damage as Vitor did.

Pansin ko din Sir... Parang kulang sa kumpyansa kahapon... Ayun tulog...

Aldo looked more like he was under pressure to win as opposed to just focus on the fight like it was any other fight. Being hailed as the best pound for pound fighter and having no losses yet in the UFC coming into the fight. It might have gotten to his head a little bit that's probably what got him distracted as well.

As he was lunging in towards Mcgregor. Mcgregor was waiting to place a good precise shot right on the chin. It didn't even look like it was that powerful. Only that it was a well placed shot that cracked Aldo and put him straight to sleep. As he was going down he was able to land a punch on Mcgregor which didn't really do that much damage

Going into the fight Aldo did not demonstrate any Aura of confidence, he stared blankly on the ground while being introduced and during the staredown. That is the first time I have seen him look like that. Disappointing to see that his performance as a champion going into the fight was only worth 13 seconds of our time.

McGreggor's left seems to have that sledgehammer effect when it lands. Although his left on aldo did not have as much wind up (hooks/crosses) nor forward weight (as with straights), the power of the punch was multiplied by aldo's forward movement. Eksakto yung sinabi nyang "precision beats power; timing beats speed". Sam Alvey seems to be another guy who hits the same way. Not much brute torque, volume or weight. Just those two front knuckles that impact so precisely your brain shuts down.

Tumahimik na lang ako bigla sa laban ni Aldo, iniisip ko na siguradong magiging maganda ang laban. Pero kahit sabihin pa man ni Aldo na hindi sya naapektohan sa mga sinabi s kanya ng kalaban, eh halatang-halata n nanggigigil na sya sa umpisa pa lang. Nadala sya talaga s kanyang emotion.

DJ thoroughly dominated Dodson not once but twice.

yeah, Dodson's great but he kinda lost steam even before the second fight with DJ. I think B/R stated that he just went through the motions against Zach Makovsky (had to Wiki it) because he knew he was in line for a title fight.

Also, didn't know Dodson was half-Filipino lol hahaha