Indeed its much more pleasurable when images are included ..... makes one more hungry. (or less depending on the dish)

quite a unique and unusual lunch there is I may say so ...... :thumbsupsmiley:

Kaya I will take pics of lunch and dinner na. :thumbsupsmiley:

About the Crazy for Strawberry crepe... my sister and I were supposed to meet up with mom and bro at the mall for lunch, kaso natagalan sila sa hospital. Sis and I just decided to have "desserts first", kaso mga 3PM na rin dumating sila mom so parang naging lunch na rin yun.

Anyway... para hindi rin OT =

My lunch yesterday was:

post-196004-1269643467.jpg

Carbonara, which I cooked. Di gaano halata yung bacon bits, since I didn't really toast them (I prefer it that way). Felt a little guilty because it was Friday pala (dapat no meat), kaso mas nakakaguilty naman if I don't eat it and let it spoil, di ba? Hehehe... lusot lusot.

Dinner:

post-196004-1269643580.jpg

post-196004-1269643608.jpg

Laing and fried tilapia, courtesy of brother. He included a pack of dried taro leaves in the cart when we did the grocery, and although this one is delicious (despite its look), I still prefer to eat the Bicolano Pinangat, which is basically like laing, although the leaves were like lasagna. Thanks for the dinner, bro!

Yesterday's Meals:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9431/img7307h.jpg

Lunch - Tortang Talong.

That 30 minutes brown out did give me time to grill the eggplants prior to the actual cooking. I also added some sauteed onions, garlic, tomatoes, and mushrooms to add some taste. My mom doesn't eat eggplants much because of uric acid, but happy was I that she ate all of her share.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2075/img7314.jpg

Dinner - Sinigang na Ulo Ulo.

This one's dorado fish, something we bought from our suki (she delivers fish here in our house every Saturday morning). This is one of mom's favorite dishes, and because we both love the eye part of the fish, we had to play "rock, paper, scissors" to see who gets the eye part. Mom won, but she did share some of it to me. Hahahaha. She and I shared this dish, as brother doesn't really eat fish heads. He just pan grilled a tuna steak for his dinner.

Yesterday's Meals:

post-196004-1269924499.jpg

Lunch - Boneless Bangus and Chicken Barbecue at Taipan Grill, SM Fairview. Mom and I shared the meal.

post-196004-1269924678.jpg

Dinner - Pinakbet, kuya style. Very simple dish with just three veggies - eggplant, sitaw and kalabasa... we just want to cook the veggies in the fridge before they spoil. I only had a few spoons of it - was still full from lunch.

Breakfast: Home-cooked meal at my lolo and lola's house. Reheated pork afritada with steaming rice.

Lunch: Stopover at Matutina's at Urdaneta. Service was slow and inefficient, like being given forks to go with your rice, sinigang na bangus served last (45 minutes into the meal), pork sisig, pinakbet, and given water like there's a drought. OK, there's El Nino, but service doesn't have to be that slow.

• 3 weeks later...