The Mail Box

baby,

I don't know what to say, only that I did not count on running into you last night. Another day, another time .. things would have been different. But do I want them different? Last night made me remember how bieng me feels.

I wish I didn't meet you there.. I wish we met elsewhere.. You didn't have to see the me I was lastnight.. but that is a part of me...though a part I can live without.

Suddenly the rules of the game just won't do.

I am lost..but life has never been so clear..

Donna

Edited by swit_lass

dear XXXX,

For years, I've been having the difficulty to tell you this.....and i think,...i should tell you now....because if i dont? i might never ever tell you this for the rest of my life....and it would be a big regret for me....., XXXX,....I LOVE YOU.

much love,

alan

G,

You asked me which is harder: to have a girl friend who flirts or to have other people flirt with her? I ask you, do you feel she's worth taking the risk?

You can't expect a girl to hope for the uncertain, especially one that is thousands of miles away.

What happens next is entirely up to you.

One more chance. Use it well.

T.

Miguel,

Last night I was cold. You gave me your jacket. I can see the goosebumps in your arms, but still you insisted on letting me have it. Big mistake.

I can shy away from your stares. I can keep my distance. But your scent is a different story. I can never resist.

After everything, I slept.. wearing nothing but your jacket.

T.

Dearest,

This one is for you ....

Out of the Blue...

Out of the blue,

you entered my life

and stole my loneliness and heartache.

You made me believe in miracles,

in living happily-ever-after.

You touched my heart

with music and laughter.

You painted my world

with rainbows and sunshine.

You showed me that true love exists.

You opened my mind,

inspiring hope and dreams.

Now I appreciate the snowflakes

in the winter

and the flowers in the spring.

Now I can see the beauty

in everything.

You made me want to try,

and you've shown me that

it's possible to fly

on the wings of love.

Out of the blue,

I fell in love with you.

You came into my life

to love me

and for that I'll always

be grateful,

my heart ever faithful,

to you and our love.

just me

To my baby:

Thanks for the fifteen years you’ve shared with me. I never thought I could take care of someone whom I am not even blood-relatives with. You grew up to be good. I just wish I were a good mom too. I’m sorry if I had to be strict some of the time. I knew you’d understand why I have to be. I’m sorry if I weren’t there most of the time, but I’m glad you understood that mommy has to work so we can have the basic necessities. Thank you for not being so demanding, for not being so materialistic. Thanks for being happy over simple things like me.

I don’t know if I’ve imparted good things to you. I’m sorry if I had to let you see things you shouldn’t, risking the respect you give to me. I knew I was just being selfish, thinking only of my own happiness when I’m not even aware mostly of yours. I know you’d understand. I’m really, really sorry for that.

You’ll be with your real family now. Just think how lucky you are for having them. I could never give that to you. I only wish you won’t forget me. You gave me reason to love my life a little more.

Mommy wants you to be good always. Listen to your Dad, your Tita & your Mama. I’ll always be praying that you’d be safe and in good health. When the time comes when you can decide on your own, do the things that’ll give you a brighter future.

You’ll always be the gift I’ll treasure most. I hope you were able to feel how much I love you.

Mommy

Lady,

All of us men who had moms who taught us what is good or what is bad, salute you. And more so men like me, who was raised through tears and sweat by moms who were were not mine own biologically.

Whatever happens now, your mark is made.

rgds, LC

Pare,

I return to my workdesk. Another mission completed. 6 days of intense pressure, back of the envelope computations, fast thinking, lots of math and physics, and plenty of gasoline fumes. Still weary, I clean my emails, shuffle and sign the papers on my desk that need my scrawls across them.

We fixed the emergency alright, and in time too, fine.

But I had touched upon my weaknesses. There are some things I can not compute and do not know. I was open enough to admit I could not do some things, so that others could quickly do it for me while I got out of their way.

Yet the admissions hurt. Now I must redouble my efforts at doing my homework.

And when it came time to present the findings, I sputtered and garbled my words. And my presentation files were totally inadequate. My boss had to give me guiding questions to help me present the facts and the root causes better. And when no one was looking, he poked me in the ribs quite a few times.

Damn, did we look dumb. Knowing what to do is one thing. But presenting to others what we know is a real weakness of mine. I feel like I don't deserve my rank and pay, with the looks the rest of the team gave me.

I'm sorry, but I guess I let you down there, I could see it in your eyes when I was stumped in the question and answer part. I want you to know that though you will likely never bring it up with me, I do admit I flopped.

I may have brought down the team a little bit in the eyes of the Refinery that asked for our help. Perhaps next time they'll ask for a different team. I know that despite us being old engineers, we need to advertise ourselves like any shameless sales and advert guy/gal. But I just can't do it easy.

I need to find it in me to do all that sucking up to the boss, smooth sales talk, and flashy presentation forms, and I fear that I may not. I always hated self promotion, and always hated those who did it.

I need to think of substance less and less, and mere form more and more, and not feel damned and cheap for doing just that. Remember, years ago, we used to laugh at those engineers who did just that? Now look at us.

It is never enough to just do good, dammit! Not a fair world at all, is it?

sorry again pare.

rgds, C

She's a good girl, loves her mama

Loves Jesus and America too

She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis

Loves horses and her boyfriend too

It's a long day living in Reseda

There's a freeway runnin' through the yard

And I'm a bad boy cause I don't even miss her

I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart

And I'm free, free fallin'

Yeah I'm free, free fallin'

All the vampires walkin' through the valley

Move west down Ventura Boulevard

And all the bad boys are standing in the shadows

A ll the good girls are home with broken hearts

Free fallin', now I'm free fallin', now I'm

Free fallin', now I'm free fallin', now I'm

I wanna glide down over Mulholland

I wanna write her name in the sky

Gonna free fall out into nothin'

Gonna leave this world for a while

Tazmanic,

A friend gave me a "100 Things That Make Me Happy" list. You gave me my happy moment for today. Once more, you made me smile.

I'm glad that we managed to get over all the bad memories. The past has only made our bond stronger. What we have now is more meaningful, more intense than the relationship we shared before.

There are things about each other that only you and me know. You know as much as I am sweet, loving, cheerful and good, I can also be moody, violent, childish, unreasonable and bitchy - you have been acquianted with my multi-faceted personality. There are people who find that too hard to handle. Still you stayed. Thank you for accepting me for who I am.

Our friendship means so much to me. Thank you for being here.

I love you.

T.

I know that despite us being old engineers, we need to advertise ourselves like any shameless sales and advert guy/gal.

Dearest LC,

I have to agree with Lipstick. Not all advertising people are shameless. Some of us are honest, ethical & hardworking people. :cry:

Sincerely,

Zerreit

Mi,

Yesterday at 7AM you turned 25. I'm sorry. I admit, it slipped from my mind. No excuses.

It took a box with your face on it to remind me. You made me catch my breath. You are beautiful as ever, even more so now.

I never had the chance to congratulate you for landing that deal. Then again, I seldom have the chance to tell you anything anymore. We haven't talked nor gotten together in a while. I'm sorry I'm not doing a good job keeping my end of the bargain. You know how I am. I'm sorry if you feel I'm taking you for granted. I'm sorry if I can't be with you the way you want me to.

I know you've discovered my alterego here; you've read some of my posts, especially that one where I re-lived the first night we got together. I know you got hurt because you feel I could've spent all these time with you instead but I chose not to. I know you think I don't care about you anymore. But I do. Please don't doubt that.

I really do miss you. I will file for that leave tonight.

Happy birthday, my "first" lady.

T.

u felt betrayed by what i did...

u said i've betrayed u so many times before...

u gave me your trust me but all i did was to throw it in your face...

after all we've shared then this s**t happened then its all over...

u think i did it on purpose...

u think i tried to lie about it...

u think the worst of me, how come??

is that your perception of who i am??

am i that bad that u can't picture yourself befriending me...

do u think that im not worthy of your time, your affection??

do u think that im im the devil incarnate that being close to me will send u straight to hell, and that it is a sin to be very close??

so all this time, u've been hiding what u really think and feel

about me and just keeping a face so u think u wouldn't hurt me??

is that it??

how could i not notice... u made me feel as if im special,

but now i think that was just u being kind coz i have no friends and all and that ur my only friend... im being paranoid...

i thought i know u... but im wrong...

y didn't u tell me, that all this time u were just acting as my friend...

maybe that was it... coz if u are truly a friend u won't think of the very worst thing about someone u became personal with... because u would know whats on the mind of that person...

you could have told me that u don't really want anything to do with me...

i wouldn't have forced myself to you...

i have been always alone...

its not strange for me to be seen reading in the corner with no one...

u shouldn't have had made me think that im special, im extraordinary,

coming fro u that im not, it hurts, big time...

im being my paranoid self... hoping still that it is not true...

You ask me why I'm disappointed?

I'm disappointed because as a friend, I am entitled to know the basic truth about you. I'm disappointed because I didn't think you have such intestinal fortitude to do those filthy schemes that men do. I'm disappointed because you smooth-talk your way into that lady's heart just so you can screw her brain as well. I'm disappointed because this is how you treat women and I see no tinge of remorse, only arrogance. Drop that mask and let's see if any girl in her right state of mind would still want you. Stop fooling innocent souls who get easily lured by your slick-tongued temptations, who know nothing of this game.

And stop calling me dear, you patronizing fart. You disgust me as well.

The Fall

Listening to the screaming and hate

I am soaked in tears thinking of my fate

Thinking of hell

Wishing I could be well

What?s the easiest way

To end this day

A pill or a gun

Soon it will be done

With so much fear

The end is near

The pill goes down

Nothing to frown

The time here was fun

But now I am done

Thank you all

For trying to stop my fall

Dearest ....

How I Love You...

I can't tell a soul

I love you

though my heart begs me to.

Every romantic song reminds me of you,

and every time I see a happy couple

I wish they were you and me.

Sometimes I write your name

and stare at it wistfully

as I imagine how great

our lives together would be...

but I can't tell a soul

I love you.

I can't even tell you.

I wrote a poem about you,

trying to express the depth of my emotion,

hoping to make you understand

the breadth of my devotion,

but the words were not enough.

I couldn't explain

how strongly I feel about you;

I couldn't describe

the volatile mix of joy and pain,

because I can't tell a soul

I love you.

Sometimes I feel like my need to see you

is consuming me inside,

and sometimes when I think about you

I tremble...

my love for you is never easy to hide.

I called my best friend

to explain how much I love you...

but the words stalled on my tongue,

and again, I had to pretend...

because I can't tell a soul

I love you.

I sat on the beach

and drew a heart in the sand

while I thought about you.

I imagined the joy of being with you,

of simply holding your hand.

I wanted to find you;

I wanted to tell you how much I love you,

and that I would always love you

no matter what you do.

As the tide dashed in to steal the heart

and carry it off to the sea

where it would remain for eternity,

I decided that I can never tell you

I love you,

but I will always try to show you.

just me

dear ***,

it's nice that we've managed to keep in touch in spite of our past... at first, i was hesitant to let you in to my life again, knowing that you've hurt me so much before... but hell, i took the risk and welcomed you back... sadly though, friends are all we'll ever be...

it's a strange feeling because the chemistry is still there... it's as if we've never parted... but i know for a fact that it can never be... that breaks my heart... i loved you immensely and i realize that i always will...

love,

L