The Mail Box

• 2 weeks later...

I've known you as long as I can I remember, every angle and every corner. I've known you all my life, your intimate truth and deceiving lies. I have seen your capacity, got surprised by your abilities. I have seen your limits as you try to surpass them.

And now I want more of you every freaking day.

Would you reconnect with me, I want this to be real.

Deeper, exclusive, genuinely intimate.

Nothing between us, just you and me.

Be with me, make me feel.

And we will get really high.

Take your time. Baby steps. I will keep on wooing you.

• 2 weeks later...

Lowel,

I am really sorry to tell you that this ain't going nowhere.

Thank you for liking me and seeing good things in me

but I'd rather break your heart than give you false hopes.

I do not want to do this either but I just have to.

Please don't try to win me back.

I'm being nice to those who are nice to me.

Me

I want you to know that I will forget you after this moment, and never think of you again.

New year will start without you in it, not even a single memory of you.

But you, I am quiet certain, will think of me for the rest of your life.

- Danielle de Barbarac (Ever After) with a twist

To Aristotle's teacher,

It has been 15 years since we have parted. I hate to admit it, but our relationship has moulded the way I see relationships and what I look for in a man. I know I should have moved on, I should not mind you anymore. But I do wonder what you will think if you find out that I never had a boyfriend after you. That I chose not to, and felt that you have left me so many unanswered questions that I was unable to move on.

I wonder why you remain single, like me. I believe that your stay there in the Land of the Long White Cloud means that you are more able to make a better life for yourself. Yet, like me, you have no wife nor kids. I find it surprising. You did replace me with a Japayuki, you had more fun compared with me. But still...have you even had a serious relationship after us? Have you been happily in love after we parted? Are you happy with your life now? Do you still think of me from time to time?

I know I should not harbor these questions, but sometimes, I cannot help it. I wonder at times how it will be if we never parted, worked things out and married. Or if after becoming friends again on facebook, you'd get to know me again and we'd end up together. But i know that these are just questions, that these things will never be.

What I am certain of is this: whether I meet someone or not, my relationship with you remains one of the most significant points in my life.

Udeng

Baby,

You've got mail!!

It is quite advanced.

I just can't wait for tomorrow -_-

And I must say this one is my personal favorite.

It wraps up everything I want to tell you

With all seriousness, with poker face :lol:

That i need not cover up for the things I say with laughter

Because i am either nervous or shy.

Love

• Like (+1) 1

We learn at school and on our own what has gone wrong with the world, with the country, with politicians/police, even with the power companies. Then, being young, we made the mistake of talking up the ideal case that will totally right the wrongs, both in print and in the blogosphere.

This is after all what our school heroes did: to fight in word and in deed for our country and beliefs.

But is strenous fighting the only option?

And then we learn, 10 years after school:

1. The opposing side also make mistakes - so why not take advantage of their missteps to advance our cause? Even dear Macoy had his many blunders.

2. Compromises can be made for the moment; done well, this may "compromise" them more than us. Deng compromised with capitalism to make today's China

3. Focus is all important. Solve just 1 problem, even if you have strength for all 10. Jobs' pride at the 10,000 things he chose to not do, to do the iPhone

In other words, a decade later, we finally learn Machiavelli and the essence of strategy: to advance given limited means.

For no success (and no disaster) is final - advancing is our only goal. Only knowing this do we truly, truly start living.

LC

Edited by LostCommand

Maybe you should keep going your way, wherever that may be. Maybe you weren't meant to belong to anyone, to anybody, to anything. Not even yourself. That's why you'll never be found. And no one will ever really know you. So alll your attempts to connect are useless.

Edited by viral