Random Thoughts Thread

The dominant weakness of this study is the non-existence of results from the methodology. The authors skipped this and moved on with interpreting and discussing the data without giving the readers the benefit it themselves. The transparency, for me, is very questionable.

aaarrgghh.. I hope my mind can think of something with more depth than that.

Edited by munchkins and donuts

In the end run of my midterms - there are only three thoughts in mind.

1. k*ll these exams. Strike them down. No mercy. To leer at the professors as I submit my papers, as if to say, "was that all?"

2. The Dell CFO's speech to my masters' class. Every 80 to 100 years, every 4 generations, throughout all western history, a greater crisis will come. This cycle is due to the dumb masses' unending need to re-live history, having forgotten how to steer clear of follies in just a generation or two. And so, the fourth generation must confront yet another built-up Crisis.

And their heroes will come forward.

The last great Western crisis was the Crash of '29, which helped set the stage for WW2 as well. Then those young GI heroes with their Congressional Medals of Honour and their Victoria Crosses stepped up and saved us all from Germanic doom and Japanese treachery. Now it is 80 years later, and the stage is set for yet a new Crisis, and a coming era of great turmoil, not of war perhaps, but of environment and economy most likely. From those born in the 90's will come the heroes to fight and win these new wars.

3. And from those born the 70's and '80's, shall come the Leaders, to find and lead those young Heroes. The Roosevelts, the Churchills, the MacArthurs, the Pattons, and their associate generals.

Are you prepared?

Go f*ck all that you can, while you still can, as hard as you can. As every last one of these leaders did. Such is central to your preparations.

Walang sisihan.

LC

Edited by LostCommand