Random Thoughts Thread

I still recall when the Wall fell at Berlin, and we thought that capitalism had won, and a great scourge lifted from mankind. Capitalists had pried loose the One Ring, and Red Russia was as dust in the wind. While Red China quickly capitalised - with all the sincerity typical of slitty eyed chekwas. A great battle was won.

Alas, the war was not over. The weakness of men was lost, not destroyed.

In the US, the bastion of capitalism, MBAs were taught to always ask ourselves the question - so what is in it for me? And to let the Invisible Hand engineer silently contrive towards the "best results" for the market and the customers. But the engineer in me cried out that for engineering to work, it had to be be played by consistent inner rules, including that timeless rule of balance, of letting the market failures fail (along with their managers) as much as letting market successes succeed.

And that was the missing rule that would have kept human weakness at bay. "Capitalism without failure is like Religion without sin: it does not work"

The Occupy people had a point, inarticulate allfuks they may be - why were there no bum bankers shirtless in the streets? None in 2008 crash, none today, none even after LIBOR. How Marx would smile!

where does that leave us? History suggests there is always a rebalancing every four generations. The heroes of the first generation, our grandparents, won the second world war, and saved the world. Their children, our boomer parents, are useless twits; they can't even win vietnam, or for that matter, fix the Philippines. Or even kantut well, juskopo inday. The third generation, that is us, are doomed to penury and a destroyed world, to gaining hardness and learning, until the fourth generation, the next heroes, born into a destroyed world, will resolve the issues with a "Great Turning"

Our generations role is thus to tranmsit the wisdom, hardness, and mentoring to the coming heroes.

At least, that is the hope.

But looking at the Millenials spreading useless allfuk junk throughout cyberspace, perhaps I would rather pump good while the pumping's good. Para walang sisihan sa huli, potah. Apres moi, le deluge.

LC

Except for a wondrous few, there are more random thoughts here than mental stimulation, which reflects on the current state of MTC intellectual depth. But of course, I'm aware that you're not in MTC for deep mental juggling.

Of course, I'm also aware that this post of mine does not in any way contribute to any advancement of intellect. I also have fallen prey to randomness.

As King Crimson intones: "chitchatchitchatchitchatchitchatchitchatchitchat"