Random Thoughts Thread

Observations suggest that the expansion of the universe will continue forever. If so, then a popular theory is that the universe will cool as it expands, eventually becoming too cold to sustain life. For this reason, this future scenario once popularly called "Heat Death" is now known as the Big Chill or Big Freeze.

Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate to say that, for destruction, ice is also great and would suffice.

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Uganda was a protectorate of the British Empire before becoming independent in 1962, and when Idi Amin took over Uganda in 1971, he was not nostalgic about the country's colonial past. He became fascinated with the history of Scotland, which had rebelled against British rule centuries earlier. Amin even went so far as to create a Scottish band, sending men to the country to learn the bagpipes and having them dress in kilts and Scottish regalia for official events. When Britain broke off diplomatic ties with the country, Amin declared himself Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa, and he offered Scotland to take on the role of their king and free them from oppression. Scotland never took him up on his offer, and his brutal regime came to an end before the decade ended. Idi Amin fled to Saudi Arabia, where he lived in exile until his death in 2003.

...the arrogant prick's face was rudely introduced to Mang Caloy's calloused fists. Twice.

Delightfully, the neighborhood dentist volunteered to stitch the wide cuts. Announcing with glee, that she has ran out of agua oxinada so she will be using 70% isopropyl alcohol.

Nobody parked in Mang Caloy's driveway for a long time.